shape
carat
color
clarity

my cleaning toys...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
-2 qt GemOro heated ultrasonics
-Jewel Jet home steamer
-speed brite cleaner

Untitled-1.psd.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Df too bad you don''t live nearby. That''s some serious cleaning equipment.
31.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Which is your favorite?

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza if I posted my cleaning toys it would be a tooth brush and a cleaning bath of one part amonia two parts water. You put us to shame.
27.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/20/2005 10:05:33 PM
Author:Dancing Fire
-2 qt GemOro heated ultrasonics
-Jewel Jet home steamer
-speed brite cleaner
Noticed your Speed Brite Ionic Cleaner ... wife must have emeralds, opals, pearls, or turquoise to clean huh?

Next upgrade for you is a Grobet, Steamaster, Reimers, or Hoffman Steamer ... they are only $800 - 1000.
Then you can steam clean like the jewelers do
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh.....send me all your jewelry,i promise to return them after a FREE cleaning.
31.gif

Patty......if they are really dirty, i use the heated ultrasonic. if i''m lazy, and i want a quick clean, i use the steamer.

Cflutist...actually, she only have diamond and 24kt jewelry
7.gif
but i know she wants a emerald and a opal ring. i was using the speed brite ionic cleaner before i bought the heated ultrasonic.nothing beats a heated US (i''m sure you know
2.gif
) except maybe the $1000 steamers.
31.gif
NO....i''m not that CRAZY....LOL

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow DF your wife must have a big ole trough of jewelry....or else you just have some serious big cleaning toy envy...
31.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2005 12:10:09 AM
Author: Mara
wow DF your wife must have a big ole trough of jewelry....or else you just have some serious big cleaning toy envy...
31.gif
Mara
nah....she don't have that many pieces. that US can clean your toe rings w/o taking it off
9.gif
and give your toes a heated massage at the time..... LOL

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of a "heated" ultrasonic. I''m sure this has been talked about, but I missed that. I love my Jewel Jet steamer, but my ultrasonic is on its last leg. I need to replace it very soon since I know it is going to go caput at any moment. I don''t clean a bunch of jewelry at the same time, just 1 or 2 rings or maybe a pendant or bracelet.

Is there a super small heated ultrasonic that you recommend, DF?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2005 8:28:09 AM
Author: diamondlil
I''ve never heard of a ''heated'' ultrasonic. I''m sure this has been talked about, but I missed that. I love my Jewel Jet steamer, but my ultrasonic is on its last leg. I need to replace it very soon since I know it is going to go caput at any moment. I don''t clean a bunch of jewelry at the same time, just 1 or 2 rings or maybe a pendant or bracelet.

DL
i think the smallest one is 1 quart,that is all you need.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sure Df, I''ll be more than happy to send you my jewelry, when hell freezes over, haha.
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''d be too afraid to stick my toes in that thing while it was on!!! electrocution anyone? hehe.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve never heard of a ''heated'' ultrasonic. I''m sure this has been talked about, but I missed that. I love my Jewel Jet steamer, but my ultrasonic is on its last leg. I need to replace it very soon since I know it is going to go caput at any moment. I don''t clean a bunch of jewelry at the same time, just 1 or 2 rings or maybe a pendant or bracelet.

hey DL
35.gif

i see that you''re still looking for a heated US . GemOro makes a 1 qt (model # 1QTVH) looks just like mine. size 6.5 x 5.75 x 8.25 "

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Yes, DF, I''m still weighing my options. I saw the 1 pint size, and now have my brain stuck on that. Unfortunately, it does not come with the heater, so now I''m trying to decide whether heat makes a big difference in the results. The pint size is 6 x 3.25 x 2 -- mega-mini size.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 12:38:17 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

hey DL
35.gif

i see that you''re still looking for a heated US . GemOro makes a 1 qt (model # 1QTVH) looks just like mine. size 6.5 x 5.75 x 8.25 ''
How much is this one DF??

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/31/2006 1:45:43 PM
Author: kaleigh

Date: 1/31/2006 12:38:17 PM

hey DL
35.gif

i see that you''re still looking for a heated US . GemOro makes a 1 qt (model # 1QTVH) looks just like mine. size 6.5 x 5.75 x 8.25 ''
How much is this one DF??
Lisa
i paid $200 for my 2 qt, include shipping. so i would guess maybe like $150-$160 for a 1 qt???

DL
no mini pint size b/c.....the heated US are made for commercial use like in jewelry store ,they keep the solution heated all day long to serve their customers plus, sometimes they might need to clean a big load of inventory.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
kewl!! def. beats my rubbing alcohol and toothbrush. Lol!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I checked eBay, and they have a 1 pint no heat starting at $149 or BIN for $179. The 2 quart is $220 BIN. I looked in completed items and saw a 1 pint with heat sold for $99, so I guess it is possible to find a mini with heat. I''ll just have to be patient and ready to pounce when the time is right.
9.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2005 1:50:12 AM

Date: 12/21/2005 12:10:09 AM
Author: Mara
31.gif
Mara
nah....she don''t have that many pieces. that US can clean your toe rings w/o taking it off
9.gif
and give your toes a heated massage at the time..... LOL
LMAO stick your toe in this and ......!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/31/2006 2:50:25 PM
I checked eBay, and they have a 1 pint no heat starting at $149 or BIN for $179. The 2 quart is $220 BIN. I looked in completed items and saw a 1 pint with heat sold for $99, so I guess it is possible to find a mini with heat. I''ll just have to be patient and ready to pounce when the time is right.
9.gif
was this a brand new item? what brand?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 6:12:10 PM

9.gif
I pulled up the item and read closer. It was not brand new, but it is a GemOro. The link is: http://cgi.ebay.com/GemOro-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-1-Pint-5-Quart-w-Heat_W0QQitemZ5079310547QQcategoryZ494QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I''ll be keeping my eyes open for a new one though.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
These guys have the 1 pint no heat for 122.95.

Sure you just don''t want to get a heated 2 quart like Noobie, DF or I have? They work really well, much better than my other US I''ve had for 20 years (which still works).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/31/2006 9:06:11 PM

Date: 1/31/2006 6:12:10 PM

9.gif
I pulled up the item and read closer. It was not brand new, but it is a GemOro. The link is: http://cgi.ebay.com/GemOro-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-1-Pint-5-Quart-w-Heat_W0QQitemZ5079310547QQcategoryZ494QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I''ll be keeping my eyes open for a new one though.
DL
ummm....i don''t think that one is heated b/c it only has a on/off button in the front with no other controll knob.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
DF, I was wondering the same thing with only having the switch and not the knob. But it clearly says in the listing that it had heat -- not that all eBay sellers are honest or anything.
20.gif

Cflutist, if you really think the heat makes a big difference, then I''ll go ahead and get the larger with heat. I just did not know if it really helped in the cleaning process. So heat is your recommendation?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2006 10:46:10 AM
Cflutist, if you really think the heat makes a big difference, then I'll go ahead and get the larger with heat. I just did not know if it really helped in the cleaning process. So heat is your recommendation?
DL,can't advise you as to whether "heat" is neccessary for your needs but let me tell you about how I think about these things(even though some people may thiink it is flawed).

We burned out a motor on a Black and Decker drill once trying to drill a pilot hole in a Franke stainless steel sink so I could install a soap dispenser. Basically that drill was not powerful enough to do the job. So what I did was ask the General Contractor who was remodeling my kitchen which brands he uses. He suggested Milwaukee because they are durable, reliable,and powerful. So we went out and bought a Milwaulkee Magnum Drill with a 5.5 amp motor which retails for $259 that you can get on Amazon for $130. Sure it costs more than a $39 Black and Decker but that sucker drilled the hole we needed with ease, absolutely no problems at all. That drill still works today.

So when researching my ultrasonic upgrade I read the other threads on PS, then called many jewelers and jewelry repair shops to see what brands they used. My findings were posted HERE. I've got to add Noobie's Crest US to that list. It is my opinion that if you want the same results that the jewelers get, then you use the same commercial brands they use although maybe not the same size e.g. 3 gallons is a bit much for home use unless you want to clean large gun parts.

Since the SI users seem to add microwaved/boiled water to their units, I would personally pay a little more and get an heated ultrasonic but you may think otherwise.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
The only thing I will add to cflutist''s post is that I had a model much like the plastic Gemoro. The results were cleaner than anything else I used (I''m sorry I bought 3 bottles of that banned spray. Anyone wnat some?), but not like when Quest cleans them.

The Crest is much more powerful and the stuff comes out like it does when a jeweler does it. The heat is a nice convenience, and you know $200 is not that much over the life of the unit. No regrets here.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
noobie can you give us the link for the Crest heated UC?? Thanks.
1.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
The Crest site is here. They make some huge ultrasonic cleaners. I bought mine on ebay here. I only piad $189. The price has gone up. The Gemoros were about $20 bucks more. I wanted a Branson, but it was huge.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2006 10:46:10 AM
DF, I was wondering the same thing with only having the switch and not the knob. But it clearly says in the listing that it had heat -- not that all eBay sellers are honest or anything.
20.gif

Cflutist, if you really think the heat makes a big difference, then I''ll go ahead and get the larger with heat. I just did not know if it really helped in the cleaning process. So heat is your recommendation?
DL
just buy one!!! you''re looking at about $200 for a heated 2 QT,no matter the brand L&R,Crest,GemOro are made in the U.S.A. (not China) they last forever.the GemOro comes with a 2 1/2 yr warranty and 10 yrs on the transducer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results