shape
carat
color
clarity

Jessica's New Vatche U113

jrich

Shiny_Rock
Hi there!

In all honesty, you have to work with someone who has a good relationship with Vatche to get them to do this. They prefer you to not make these sepcial requests on height, but Yekutiel at IDJ got them to do it for me. The first time it came in, Yekutiel took pics and sent them to me and I said I wanted it higher. If you can go through him, I definitely would since he knows me and also Bliss and SNA who asked for this same setting with a very high setting, and they got it. There are other pricescopers on here who ordered the U-113 through other vendors and made setting height requests that were not honored.

You have to request it set very very high, or you'll just get medium height. I am not an expert but I assume they do make the prongs longer. Also, my stone doesnt have the GIA lazer inscription on it, but I assume that wouldnt cover that up. My stone has an inclusion on the side and they did a good job covering that up with a prong.

Hope this helps!
Jessica

jrich

Shiny_Rock
Hi there! I actually only wear yellow gold, so that is all I have ever wanted for an engagement ring. Honestly, the K would have still looked great in white gold.

TRIALnERROR

Shiny_Rock
jrich|1341258473|3227398 said:
Hi there!

In all honesty, you have to work with someone who has a good relationship with Vatche to get them to do this. They prefer you to not make these sepcial requests on height, but Yekutiel at IDJ got them to do it for me. The first time it came in, Yekutiel took pics and sent them to me and I said I wanted it higher. If you can go through him, I definitely would since he knows me and also Bliss and SNA who asked for this same setting with a very high setting, and they got it. There are other pricescopers on here who ordered the U-113 through other vendors and made setting height requests that were not honored.

You have to request it set very very high, or you'll just get medium height. I am not an expert but I assume they do make the prongs longer. Also, my stone doesnt have the GIA lazer inscription on it, but I assume that wouldnt cover that up. My stone has an inclusion on the side and they did a good job covering that up with a prong.

Hope this helps!
Jessica

Thanks for the info Jessica! Have you had any issues with it getting snagged on stuff? My fiancee loves the height of your setting and that is what we will be shooting for!

jrich

Shiny_Rock
It will snag on my hair from time to time, which I am sure could be easily fixed but nothing bad. Good luck!!

sparklelikecrazy

Rough_Rock
Well this is a little bit of an early post because I don't have it back yet, but I wanted to share a quick peek at my soon to be e-ring!
I worked with Yekutiel to get this stone, and I will say that IDJ will do what it takes to make you happy.

It is currently with Vatche, they are raising the height a little for me since I prefer a little higher than average setting. I initially had picked a setting at IDJ which was very pretty, but after receiving it and trying it on at home, I realized the Vatche U-113 was what I really wanted. I fell in love with it after seeing Diamondseeker's, Bliss', and SNA's, and Yekutiel was nice enough to exchange my setting. As you can see mine is actually in 14K Yellow Gold with white gold prongs. I haven't seen anyone here post the U113 in YG yet, but I think it looks so awesome.

I know I went outside of the usual PS safety zone on the diamond, but I did go to see it in person before making my final decision, and I loved it. I got the size, sparkle, and the color is so pretty. I was able to get very close to 1.5 without paying the premium for a 1.5. As far as the K color goes since I know many people ask about it, face up it looks completely white and bright, especially in the sun. Cut really does matter!! I anticipate that from the sides, especially in pictures, it will look slightly creamy colored, but definitely not yellow.

Specs are:
GIA EX/EX/EX 1.43 K
SI2
7.26mm across
Depth: 61%
Table: 58%
Crown: 34
Pavilion: 41
HCA: 1.5
My ring size is 4.75, so I am hoping this is going to look nice and big!

Here is one picture with Yekutiel modeling, I'll post more when he gets it back from Vatche and sends shots of the new profile next week. As far as handshots, we won't have any until my boyfriend proposes though! I'm so excited about getting engaged to my best friend, and also about the ring! :)

IMG_7844.jpg

Do you have any more pics of your e-ring? I am trying to decide between yellow gold/with platinum prongs vs. platinum. I cant seem to find many pictures of the Vatche setting with yellow gold. TIA!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results