shape
carat
color
clarity

Jessica's New Vatche U113

jrich

Shiny_Rock
Well this is a little bit of an early post because I don't have it back yet, but I wanted to share a quick peek at my soon to be e-ring!
I worked with Yekutiel to get this stone, and I will say that IDJ will do what it takes to make you happy.

It is currently with Vatche, they are raising the height a little for me since I prefer a little higher than average setting. I initially had picked a setting at IDJ which was very pretty, but after receiving it and trying it on at home, I realized the Vatche U-113 was what I really wanted. I fell in love with it after seeing Diamondseeker's, Bliss', and SNA's, and Yekutiel was nice enough to exchange my setting. As you can see mine is actually in 14K Yellow Gold with white gold prongs. I haven't seen anyone here post the U113 in YG yet, but I think it looks so awesome.

I know I went outside of the usual PS safety zone on the diamond, but I did go to see it in person before making my final decision, and I loved it. I got the size, sparkle, and the color is so pretty. I was able to get very close to 1.5 without paying the premium for a 1.5. As far as the K color goes since I know many people ask about it, face up it looks completely white and bright, especially in the sun. Cut really does matter!! I anticipate that from the sides, especially in pictures, it will look slightly creamy colored, but definitely not yellow.

Specs are:
GIA EX/EX/EX 1.43 K
SI2
7.26mm across
Depth: 61%
Table: 58%
Crown: 34
Pavilion: 41
HCA: 1.5
My ring size is 4.75, so I am hoping this is going to look nice and big!

Here is one picture with Yekutiel modeling, I'll post more when he gets it back from Vatche and sends shots of the new profile next week. As far as handshots, we won't have any until my boyfriend proposes though! I'm so excited about getting engaged to my best friend, and also about the ring! :)

IMG_7844.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It looks stunning! I can't wait to see more eye candy :naughty:

Congratulations on your ring!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That is one of my favorite settings everrrr! And what a great size! Congrats and please post more pics once you get it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!! I love the yellow gold, so classic!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning!! great news :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice choice Jessica!!! Very nice- love it in the YG! And yeah... I'm thinking a 1.43 ct on a 4.75 finger is gonna look fairly BLINGY!!! :appl:

Excited for you to get the finished ring back!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that's so beautiful, and it's going to look plenty big on your small finger! :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
it's certianly going to be blingy :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is going to be beautiful! :love: So glad you changed to the Vatche setting!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't wait for more pics!!

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
I love your classy, elegant ring. Pricescope has really changed my mind on yellow gold, I'm lovin that too, congratulations!

jrich

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone! I am eagerly awaiting more pics from Yekutiel next week to see the new profile. I am glad you all like it!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous and I love the YG! Can't wait for more pics of this beauty. :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Jessica!! Glad to hear everything w/ vendor and stone worked out okay and that you liked it when you saw it ::) I do remember that it was very nicely cut, so I'm not at all surprised that it's dazzling IRL! And oh, it'll be BIG on you all right!

Hope he proposes soon so we can get some handshots :bigsmile:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I'm sure it's going to be plenty HUGE on your tiny finger! Cant wait for handshots!!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Hope to see more photos soon!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to you both, it's lovely and one of my favourite designs - classic and elegant :love:

jrich

Shiny_Rock
Update! IDJ may cut prices, but they don't cut on quality control. Yekutiel got my ring back from Vatche yesterday, and sent it back to them to get the stone reoriented. There's a visible inclusion on the side of my diamond that he thought could be covered a little better. So while I was bummed this got pushed back, I appreciate that he's looking out for me. What I love about IDJ is their communication with their customers, I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to get him on the phone at any time or know that I am going to get super quick email replies.

Hopefully hopefully he'll get it back today and send me some pictures!!!

Jessica

jrich

Shiny_Rock
It's back!!!! Vatche honored my request and set this baby nice and high. I am going to have to get used to not whacking it on things, but I am sure I will get used to it. I hope everyone likes the pictures Yekutiel sent. My boyfriend should receive it in the mail early next week, and hopefully soon enough, we'll have some handshots. I can't believe I won't see the final ring in person until the proposal, but it is going to make it all the more special.

IMG_7878.jpg

IMG_7875.jpg

IMG_7879.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
AWESOME!!! That looks perfect Jessica!! Love the height (yeah - I know you know to be careful!! ;)) Just had to say it anyways...)Wonderful customer service by IDJ - so glad it all worked out so well for you!

Eager to see the handshots... which of course mean, hearing about the proposal :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad they made it like you wanted, Jessica! I am glad you decided on the Vatche because it is a beautiful setting for your stone! Now we'll hope the bf hurries up and proposes because we need handshots!!!

Congrats! It's beautiful and in such a classy setting.

jrich

Shiny_Rock
Thank you guys! I can't stop looking at the pictures!! I have a feeling I will have to wait until our vacation in mid June, which would be so nice- just so far away!! :loopy:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

And it is set beautifully high! Lovely!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

jrich

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Bliss! You were my inspiration! Except mine is the baby version clearly!! We got the ring yesterday after work and my boyfriend opened the box by the window and told me to come over and take a peek. It is so much prettier than I even inagined, and there was barely any light.

I can't wait to get it, ahhh!!!

Maybe I can work on picking my 3/4 eternity now?? :)

glammy

Rough_Rock
Hi Jessica,

Your ring is beautiful especially with the yellow gold!

I have a question regarding working with IDJ. I know you did a lot of hard work searching through virtual diamond and then had IDJ pull the rings for inspection/idealscopes. My question is did IDJ come down on prices that you saw from the virtual diamond prices posted on other sites? Thanks

jrich

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Glammy! Well I know IDJ is very competitive- Yekutiel promised he would beat the price of the virtual stone I found on another website, and he did. Another great thing about working with them is they will call stones in for you and then if you decide to keep looking, you won't be charged. Other sites such as BGD will charge you the shipping if the stone comes in as expected, and you decide to keep sourcing. Yekutiel is well connected in the Diamond District in NYC, where so many of the virtual stones reside. So if you see one you think looks good anywhere online, chances are he can get his hands on it fairly easily.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: beautiful!

TRIALnERROR

Shiny_Rock
Your ring looks beautiful! I'm leaning towards the Vatche U113 and my fiancee prefers a higher setting as well. May I ask, how exactly did you convey that to Vatche? Is there a measurement for the height of the setting? Also, do they accomplish the higher setting by elongating the prongs or does the stone simply sit in a higher position of the original setting? Sorry if these questions are not clear, I am treading in unchartered waters! Thanks in advance for any advice.

ETA: Also, do you have to request things like the GIA # not being covered by a prong, or is that standard protocol?

GMUAlum08

Shiny_Rock
did you get a yellow gold setting because its a K color?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results