shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White rubellite in DKJ setting with .88ctw halo.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this new ring, which arrived today! The rubellite (which was around 3.9ct as I recall, tho I don't remember exactly - my apologies), is 8 x 10mm and cut by the inimitable Jeff White. The diamonds are .88ctw, 2.5mm, some ACAs from WF and the rest sourced to match by DKJ. The basket is made to resemble holly leaves, and the shank is 18kt, the head is platinum, while the claws on the rubellite are, once again, 18kt.

And I've learnt that red is horrifically difficult to capture in photos! This ring glows a strong, deep, blood red. But every photo - one stubbornly after the other- shows pink / purple / crimson. Not much I can do about it except assure you that - in real life - it flashes equally between pink and red, with brief hints of orange and purple.

It was made to fit exactly with my round profile wedding ring, and I absolutely love it! Many thanks to Jeff White and to David Klass Jewelry - and to all the PSers who came and gave opinions and advice re metal selection - you guys are always incredibly helpful and I appreciate it!

20210505_114242.jpg

20210505_114238.jpg

20210505_114246.jpg

20210505_115741.jpg

DKPV2021___05__03____Rubi   Ring____RGR-2 copy.jpg

Last edited:

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful and I love the unique basket of holly leaves.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
It’s beautiful - every aspect. The reds are indeed so hard to capture!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring. I love the basket. It looks wonderful on you!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I love the red! It is beautiful on your hand!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful well balanced looking ring @mrs-b.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A gorgeous ring!! Stunning colour and detailing

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Your taste is exquisite and this is just beautiful!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection is the first word that came to mind. Congratulations.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I cannot *believe* that on my very first photos I had lint under the prongs! Unreal. Thank you, tho, for your kind comments!

@adlgel - thank you! I love the basket, too. I just love holly leaves and they're such an easy design choice.

Thanks @dk168 - I'm in love with this stone! It is sending me a bit batty that I can't capture on camera what my eye sees, but I'm guessing most of the people on the colored stone forum have had this experience!

Hi @bright&shiny. :wavey: I don't have a lot of experience with colored gems - are they all this difficult?? I'm working on a sapphire next and hoping it's a little more forthcoming with its color!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, @rcjtraveler! I went back and forth on the size of the diamonds in the basket I can;t tell you how many times! I wanted something substantial overall, without the halo swamping the center stone. I'm very happy with where I landed. :))

Awww - thank you, @MamaBear! Any jewel isn't worth much if it doesn't look good on, is it? Thank you for that compliment - it means a lot!

@Acinom, if *you* say the color is ok, then it's ok! You're the queen of colored gems in my book; I never fail to swoon over your avatar ring whenever it pops up! Thank you for your kind comments! :wavey:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
wow! that under gallery holly leaves are so delicate! I love it, great red color!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I just LOVE that basket! The ring is stunning!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring, and fantastic basket detail — I love how you personalize your pieces.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Every detail is perfect!:kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful & what a presence it has on you! As always, the details are impeccable & it's such an hypnotic looking stone!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b indeed as I have the same issue with my Rubellite from Jeff W too in that it does not photograph well with brown tones and darker when it has no brown IRL!

DK :))

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love this new ring, which arrived today! The rubellite (which was around 3.9ct as I recall, tho I don't remember exactly - my apologies), is 8 x 10mm and cut by the inimitable Jeff White. The diamonds are .88ctw, 2.5mm, some ACAs from WF and the rest sourced to match by DKJ. The basket is made to resemble holly leaves, and the shank is 18kt, the head is platinum, while the claws on the rubellite are, once again, 18kt.

And I've learnt that red is horrifically difficult to capture in photos! This ring glows a strong, deep, blood red. But every photo - one stubbornly after the other- shows pink / purple / crimson. Not much I can do about it except assure you that - in real life - it flashes equally between pink and red, with brief hints of orange and purple.

It was made to fit exactly with my round profile wedding ring, and I absolutely love it! Many thanks to Jeff White and to David Klass Jewelry - and to all the PSers who came and gave opinions and advice re metal selection - you guys are always incredibly helpful and I appreciate it!

20210505_114242.jpg

20210505_114238.jpg

20210505_114246.jpg

20210505_115741.jpg

DKPV2021___05__03____Rubi   Ring____RGR-2 copy.jpg

Every gosh-dang thing about this ring is drop-dead gorgeous! :clap:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you like it, @wildcat03! And thank you for the kind words. :))

Thank you, @Diamond Girl 21! It's exactly as I'd pictured, so that's about as close to perfect as it's possible to get, I think! I've definitely had pieces that turned out like..."hmmm...not quite how I saw this looking..." - so it's wonderful when a piece turns out *exactly* as you'd seen it in your mind's eye!

Thank you, @Sprinkles&Stones - I wish I could get even half way close to showing the color of this gem - it's delicious! And with the yellow gold? :lickout: !!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there, @PinkAndBlueBling :)) The workmanship on this is very fine and highly detailed. It's a pleasure to wear.

Thank you, @123ducklings! I try to make every piece 'mine' - tho some work to a greater or lesser degree. This one worked out well, tho, I think. :))

Thanks so much, @lulu_ma!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Alex T! I wish you could see this stone in person - it has a big, puffy head with great lift on it - the profile really is delicious! Gives the ring a lot of contour and 3D effect. I'm so glad you like it! :wavey:

@dk168 - that actually makes me feel a lot better! There is -zero- brown or grey in this - but it just shows up black in some photos, and there is NO lighting where it shows up as black in real life. I'll keep working on it, but photography is a looooong way out of my wheelhouse!

I'm glad you like it, @OboeGal! You know how you sometimes get a piece and you know - this is the best I can do this and I'm never going to change it? I call them forever pieces. This is a forever piece. There's simply nothing to change, nothing to improve. I love it!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely gorgeous and gives me great ideas for my oval Gemrite garnet.... :dance:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this turned out so beautifully @mrs-b! The holly design on the basket is amazing and the color of the rubellite is yummy. It really is perfect!! :love:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooooh I've been looking so forward to seeing this! I know you were a bit unsure about what size to make the diamonds, but as usual you've absolutely nailed the proportions. And the colour of that rubellite is delicious!! :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there, @GliderPoss! Thank you for your kind words - and I'm VERY much looking forward to seeing what you do with your garnet! A beautiful new ring is a magical thing, isn't it? :kiss2:

Thank you, @junebug17 :wavey: I'm very happy with how it turned out. And it looks lovely on the finger. It's substantial without being gaudy. I've reached an age where I don't have a lot of time for 'delicate' - unless we're talking prong work, of course! I want to *see* my jewelry - tho there are limits, of course!

Thank you for saying that, @Dandi! I really was stuck re the size of the halo. I'm *very* happy with how it turned out, tho, so I'm very pleased other people like the proportions of it as well. When it comes to jewelry, proportions are everything. Hugs to you, my friend!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty, @mrs-b! Reds are often troublesome to capture in a photograph, whether gemstone or geranium. The color of your rubellite is luscious!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the rich color of the gorgeous rubellite and David did an amazing job on the setting. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results