shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White colour change sapphire + bezel + pave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lupinbunny

Rough_Rock
This forum has been a great source of information, and I figured that as a bit of a thankyou I should probably show off the engagement ring I ended up with. The sapphire is 1.4 carats(I think, can''t quite remember), 6.9mm across, heated, from Ceylon/ Sri Lanka, VS (has a feather on the edge of the table I can see in the right light), round brilliant cut by Jeff White.

The ring is 18k white gold made for me by a jeweller in my city (Perth, Western Australia). The bead-set pave goes halfway round the ring, 7 stones on each side. Not sure of their weight, but I''m guessing 1point per stone, as I wanted them as small as possible, and the jeweller didn''t want to go below 1 pointers. Not sure of grading either - he did tell me but I''ve forgotten. I think they''re VS, but not sure of colour.

And my finger-size is I, which I think is 4 1/2 in the US system. The stone is simply huge, I think, but I''d had so much trouble getting a nice colour changer that I wasn''t going to refuse it because it was a little bit big!

Oh, and finally the whole thing all up cost about $2300 USD. Which I''m pretty pleased about. Not as pleased as I am about the ring and the stone though. They''re all exactly what I wanted.

engagement ring 271208.jpg

Lupinbunny

Rough_Rock
Oh, and the band is 2mm wide.

This photo is blurry, but it does show the stone''s blue side. I wanted a colour shifter because I initially really wanted a tanzanite (which another jeweller, who shall remain nameless, said was fine for an engagement-ring. I went home a googled it, found Pricescope and decided the tanzanite wasn''t the best idea, and found a new jeweller), and this is as close as I could get; and also a colour change stone to me is like two ring for the price of one!

engagement ring 271208 1.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful - and what a perfect setting for that lovely stone.

Lupinbunny

Rough_Rock
Thankyou. Best of all, I think, is the profile. One of the reasons I wanted a really well cut stone was because so much of it would be on display. The design wouldn''t''ve really worked so well with a fat-bellied stone, I think.

ring profile 271008.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME.....WHAT A BEAUTY......CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Lori

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore colour change sapphires and yours looks lovely. Does it change to purple in the evening under electric light?

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!

Your ring is beautiful!
36.gif
36.gif
I love the design and the colour change sapphire!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful!! More pics! More pics!!!
30.gif
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for sharing, your ring is beautiful.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, your sapphire is gorgeous!! I
30.gif
color change sapphires. Congratulations!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ooh - its just gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
Congrats on your engagement and that lovely ring
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, GORGEOUS, congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, congratulations!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful! Wear it in happiness.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! Congratulations!
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your ring is just stunning!!!! Love it!!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-that''s one of the most beautiful coloured stones I''ve seen on here. I just adore it. What a beauty!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous! Congratulations.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, your ring is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the stone, the setting, everything about it!
30.gif

Lupinbunny

Rough_Rock
Thankyou everyone for all your kind words :)
Catmom: I loooove your colour-changer. I was having lots of trouble finding one and I remember at point being just soooo jealous of yours!

LovingDiamonds: It''s purple side is pretty much what you see in the first pic (that''s purple-ish, right? It is to my eye), though in some electric light it will change a little more to a fairly definite lavender. The second photo is the light, bright blue it is in the sun. Most of the time I''m indoors under natural or mixed light, and it''s right between blue and purple. That shade where people will argue over whether it''s blue or purple (I love that colour).

I''ll see about getting some more pics over the next few days. Also if someone wants to add the photos to any of the other coloured-stone threads (e-rings; show us your sapphires) please feel free to go ahead.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t Jeff White just ROCK?!

Congratulations. It turned out beautifully.

LS

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s absolutely beautiful!!! And too big....no way...it''s perfect!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
TDF, love the color, and the setting. Best wishes to you on your engagement!!!
30.gif
36.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
i love the color change. what a beautiful ring!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Woah! GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations on your engagement, and on a beautiful stunner of a ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results