shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KSmith

Rough_Rock
In looking at rings this weekend my girlfriend and I found what we think is the right ring, but the catch is this. It is a Jeff Cooper lattice three stone ring and the local dealer who carries it was very cooperative, but their price for the center stone is almost 20% higher than similar diamonds we have found out here. I am willing to pay more to go with a local person that I can take the ring into if there is a problem, but when you are talking just over $1000 I begin to think much harder about it.

Is there a rule of thumb for an acceptable percentage to pay over and above to go with a local brick and mortar jeweler? Is it accepted practise to 'haggle' over the price of something like this, or would it be seen as rude to show them a list of similar diamonds that I could purchase for less?

-KSmith

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sounds like a very fair mark up.
Would you invest in something that may not sell for a year and pay staff, rent and overheads etc for a 20% mark up?
any of the diamonds on pricescope are never owned or even seen by the etailer selling them who just downloaded some suppliers files and put a 5% mark up on them.
You will have a store with faces in your local community where you can go for advice and repair services with peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results