Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KSmith

Rough_Rock
In looking at rings this weekend my girlfriend and I found what we think is the right ring, but the catch is this. It is a Jeff Cooper lattice three stone ring and the local dealer who carries it was very cooperative, but their price for the center stone is almost 20% higher than similar diamonds we have found out here. I am willing to pay more to go with a local person that I can take the ring into if there is a problem, but when you are talking just over $1000 I begin to think much harder about it.

Is there a rule of thumb for an acceptable percentage to pay over and above to go with a local brick and mortar jeweler? Is it accepted practise to 'haggle' over the price of something like this, or would it be seen as rude to show them a list of similar diamonds that I could purchase for less?

-KSmith

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sounds like a very fair mark up.
Would you invest in something that may not sell for a year and pay staff, rent and overheads etc for a 20% mark up?
any of the diamonds on pricescope are never owned or even seen by the etailer selling them who just downloaded some suppliers files and put a 5% mark up on them.
You will have a store with faces in your local community where you can go for advice and repair services with peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.