shape
carat
color
clarity

Jealousy - do you experience it a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, thank you so much for doing this for me Deb. I greatly appreciate it! It gets me so darned frustrated with myself and the puter! Thank you again! Sugar whom was 17 when she passed is the blonde, and that photo was taken just days before I had to put her down. My parents think she was waiting past my birthday and she held on till then and she had kidney failure.....She was my childhood dog that I loved more than anything. I buried her by the pond where she'd lay when I would mow the lawn and she would watch me and sometimes get in it! Makes me sad even thinking about it.....But Tootsie the larger beagle reminds me of her in many ways, they have a similar personality! Misti Rose is the miniature beagle, and she will stay the size she is now all 15lbs of her! I joke shes my ADHD dog!!! She is constantly on the move and her little eyes never quit moving! She is very curious about everything in the house or car! I m glad to see the many pet lovers here! Sometimes when I have a bad day they are the only ones to cheer me up! I love my little beagle babies! they have been alot of fun!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2004 12:22:41 AM
Author: Jennifer5973
What dolls! Thanks, yellowfan.
1.gif
I waited up to see your babies. Now it''s time for me & Elmo to hit the aerobed.
37.gif

forthelove, where''s a picture of Jack? Did I miss it? (I am sleep deprived these days, you know...
19.gif
)
2.gif
1.gif
Jennifer:

I would love to post a pic of Jack, but I don''t have a digital camera (help! Santa) and I don''t have a scanner! So sad!!!

YellowFan:

Your dogs are precious! Their spirit is reflected in their eyes. I love the shot of the two beagles! Priceless.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2004 6
6.gif
7:53 AM
Author: Jennifer5973
I think a lot of people are jealous of my husband/our relationship, of which the jewelry is an obvious sign. We really are best friends with that special spark--after 10 years. My husband is a rare breed--a smart, handsome, professional man who is also selfless and caring. The other day, he picked up our sick doggie (he has a back injury) to take him outside and I saw him quietly bend his head and gently kiss the little dog's back. He didn't know I saw this. That's just one of thousands of examples. Yet, the other day, when the dog was screaming in pain and I broke down (had an asthma attack I was so upset) he came in and took care of everything.

I've ended friendships over this. I've had a couple friends who were obviously very jealous and it became uncomfortable.
20.gif
38.gif

I thank God everyday for my husband and our life. He makes me so happy and the bling is just gravy.
1.gif

PS I can understand where storm is coming from. We aren't 'people' people either. We prefer very small social events with a few people we really like (and these individuals are rare). We tend to be picky about our friends. Now, the relatives, you can't do much about--but we try.
2.gif
1.gif
That is me and my h2b as well. We were friends before we ever dated so even though we've only been with each other for five years we've known each other for more like eight or nine. We get along so well with each other and I honestly think that the people around us can't stand it. I hate to say it...but they thrive on negativity. And if you don't have anything negative to say then they can't stand that. They constantly ask me what we argue about and when I tell them "nothing" they look at me like I'm a lunatic or something. We laugh and joke around, dream together...and the thing that I can't get over is that he doesn't want me to clean
6.gif
If he's home and there are things to do he'll jump right on it. I've had to chase him away on many occasions
25.gif
When either one of us goes shopping we always go together. We enjoy being with each other so much. I know people look at that and think that he/I won't let the other go anywhere without the other because of a "trust" issue. Blahh...it couldn't be farther from the truth. We truly are soul mates and we would do anything for each other. It's sad when your "friends" around you are so jealous of that to the point that it ends a relationship. And we've also lost some. Our own families are jealous of us! Go figure. They of all people are the ones that you would think would be happiest for us.
20.gif
But that's life. He'll always be here for me and I'll always be there for him. And that's all that really matters.
1.gif

On another note:

Poor little thing
8.gif
How sad that he isn't feeling well. My cat is such a snot at times but I always worry myself sick when she isn't feeling well. Animals are so special. I hope that he feels better soon.

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about everyones losses
15.gif
, losing a pet is one of the hardest things a person can go through, I think. I missed my doggies and kitties at home so much (I am away in college) that I had to get my own pet.
1.gif
She is a cute mini rex bunny, and makes my days here so much happier. I cant wait for thanksgiving though so I can go home and see all my wonderful little cuties!

Jennifer, I wish the best for Elmo!!! Hopefully he will recover shortly! I have 2 dachshunds and there is always much worry about spinal injuries, but luckily we've only had one problem so far with the elder dachshund and a shot of cortisone in his back every now and then seems to fix it right up. I cant imagine how hard that must be! I know when one of my pups only broke his toe I freaked out! But boy did he look adorable with a little bandage on his paw and in a cone! Poor dear. Its wonderful to see how many people love and care for their pets! And how cute are all the pictures! I wish I could just cuddle up with everyone of them. Best wishes to all!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I have a fabulous relationship with my husband. We, too, love doing a lot of things together and heaven knows I''d rather go shopping with him than without him! But it has occurred to me while reading this thread that maybe some of the perceived "negativity" towards happy couples is that there''s just a point where it gets to be sickenly sweet and no one can stand it. I am die-hard happy in my relationship, but couples who are too lovey dovey in public make my stomach turn (I know that this doesn''t bother some people, but it sure bugs me, and I imagine I''m not completely alone on this one). Anyway, I''m not a person who minds other people being happy, I guess it''s just the way they go about showing it that has the potential to bug me.

My husband and I have a couple of friends who are always hugging and kissing each other when we''re all out in a group, and it gets on my nerves. This is just one example of how the whole lovey dovey thing can manifest itself.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh I just hate it when other people are happy....LOLOLOL
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif

But really, the one thing I truly covet is an amazing, large, well decorated home. None of my friends really have one LOL...but that''s the one thing I want more than anything. We''re talkin'' something on Cribs people! That damn show!
9.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2004 4:40:44 PM
Author: Daniela
I have a fabulous relationship with my husband. We, too, love doing a lot of things together and heaven knows I''d rather go shopping with him than without him! But it has occurred to me while reading this thread that maybe some of the perceived ''negativity'' towards happy couples is that there''s just a point where it gets to be sickenly sweet and no one can stand it. I am die-hard happy in my relationship, but couples who are too lovey dovey in public make my stomach turn (I know that this doesn''t bother some people, but it sure bugs me, and I imagine I''m not completely alone on this one). Anyway, I''m not a person who minds other people being happy, I guess it''s just the way they go about showing it that has the potential to bug me.

My husband and I have a couple of friends who are always hugging and kissing each other when we''re all out in a group, and it gets on my nerves. This is just one example of how the whole lovey dovey thing can manifest itself.
I agree. We aren''t clingy in public at all. We don''t have to be all over each other. We just love being with each other and I think that is why people get jealous. They aren''t happy in their relationship and they don''t want to see or be around anyone else that is.

MMM, me and you both!
2.gif
That''s what I''m working on right now! Hehehe. I''m a 2 career gal..hoping that''ll get us there twice as fast! Three times faster counting his
9.gif

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Jealousy is a waste of time........
19.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2004 4:40:44 PM
Author: Daniela
I have a fabulous relationship with my husband. We, too, love doing a lot of things together and heaven knows I''d rather go shopping with him than without him! But it has occurred to me while reading this thread that maybe some of the perceived ''negativity'' towards happy couples is that there''s just a point where it gets to be sickenly sweet and no one can stand it. I am die-hard happy in my relationship, but couples who are too lovey dovey in public make my stomach turn (I know that this doesn''t bother some people, but it sure bugs me, and I imagine I''m not completely alone on this one). Anyway, I''m not a person who minds other people being happy, I guess it''s just the way they go about showing it that has the potential to bug me.

I think this is what really helps keep our marriage good--we have some separate interests and aren''t glued-at-the-hip-all the time. He has his hobbies and friends and does stuff with them, as I do with my girlfriends, but we always come together. Of course, he is my favorite "friend" and person with whom I enjoy spending time the most, but for us, it keeps things interesting that when we are together, we have stuff to share apart from the stuff we do share.
1.gif

Deputy74

Rough_Rock
The only person that wasn''t really pleased with my ring was my mother. I dont think it was a jealousy issue though. She was raised a certain way and therefore raised me to spend money wisely. So when she saw my ring, she knew the cash spent on it could have been spent on other more practical things. And I even felt that way after buying it. And still do to an extent. I lokk at it sometimes and think...Man...did I really need to spend that much. And no I didn''t, but I''m glad I did. She just doesnt see the logic in it and I dont fault her for that because I understand. That''s why I hate shopping. I keep thinking...for this $50 pair of shoes I could get 4 shirts or I could pay off a bill or save the money for something better.

Other than that...no jealousy issues. The people I work with all make the same as I, but I manage my money better than most of them. (Thanks to my mom.)

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
First of all my heart goes out to everyone who has lost a precious pet or has a sick little baby at home. I lost my childhood pet a couple of years go and I still miss her terribly even though I have been blessed in taking in another dog whom I love.

I have had a bit of jelousy from friends for the relationship I have with my FH. We have a very happy, loving and stable relationship and although at times we fight and argue etc (2 people with hasty tempers what do you expect?) we have never had a problem that we cannot handle together and we have faced a few unemployment, family deaths and him teaching me to drive to name a few.

I have had a few of our friends comment on our relationship as we were together for nearly six years before we got engaged and we don''t live together and I still stand by the fact that it took so long. I was 17 when we got together and he was 23 had we gotten engaged and married after 1 or 2 years we would be divorced now as we both needed to grow up a lot to be ready and we both realised that.

joeybaby

Rough_Rock
I totally understand how you feel. I love my ring, but after my finaced proposed all of my friends and family just looked at my ring and said, it must be nice to be able to afford jewellery like that. my future sister in law even said I must be high matinence
to have a diamond that size( it''s a 2 carat asscher cut diamond that my fiancee got at auction for a good price). Now that I am planning my wedding certian firends are making me feel bad because I want a big, lavish wedding. I feel like everyone is just seeing my wedding as big fancy party and forgetting that it''s about 2 people who love each other very much. Now when people ask "how much is you rwedding going to cost" I find myself lying and telling them things are cheaper than actually are.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I thought, if anything, my parents or my close friends would be the most thrilled that my husband would want to get me an upgrade. I''ve kept the upgrade secret, until yesterday when I mentioned it to my mom. I told her my darling husband bought me a present. She said, oh ya, what? So I told her all about this ring. She goes..how much is this costing. So, she is my mother so I told her. At first, she thought I was LYING! and my husband had to tell her that yes, he was buying this lavish gift for me (my original engagement ring cost $500 and this one is 30 times more). So anyways, she was like..oh i could do this with that, or I could do that with that..blah blah blah.. I said, mom, don''t you think i''m worth it? PAUSE...... well, its not that, its just it is a lot of money....... I''ve never met anyone with such an expensive finger! Yikes! Fine! Oh well...she says, I can''t imagine what that kind of money will buy...well i guess she''ll find out!

My MIL was really excited about the upgrade, so I though that my mother would be as well...Oh well. I guess you don''t really know people as much as you think you do do you?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2004 4:40:53 PM
Author: joeybaby
I totally understand how you feel. I love my ring, but after my finaced proposed all of my friends and family just looked at my ring . Now when people ask ''how much is you rwedding going to cost'' I find myself lying and telling them things are cheaper than actually are.
I''m avoiding the jealousy thing at all costs. I''m actually planning to just wear my current wedding band when family comes around as this will make things easier after purchasing my new set of rings. During the holidays, I noticed that one of my inlaws (a nice woman) kept eyeing and appraising my outfits so I feel a bit of pressure to keep my appearance toned down in the jewelry department to avoid issues. I don''t even wear my diamond pendant around them as some have given me a bit of attitude
7.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''ve experienced jealousy at times in my life from both ends. It''s natural . If there''s anyone jealous of me right now about anything I wouldn''t know. I feel really at ease with my friends and they feel the same around me, and sometimes one of us may have more of something or have something exciting going on in our lives and the other doesn''t. We all have highs and lows. It all balances out. If you feel everyones jealous of you and it''s ruining friendships a lot you might want to dig deep inside and figure out why. There are two sides to every story.

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
I never feel jelous because I never want something for nothing.

You appeciate the things you have earnt much better. The things you can have easily are meaningless - in a way.

I am happy for all of you
17.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2004 12:35
6.gif
3 PM
Author: innerkitten
If you feel everyones jealous of you and it's ruining friendships a lot you might want to dig deep inside and figure out why. There are two sides to every story.
That's very true but when someone is making googly eyes at your husband and starts cancelling get-togethers because he can't make it/won't be there, you know there's something going on and it's not your problem.
2.gif
1.gif

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
It is hard to tell what motivates people and to what extent, so there is no point second guessing them.

...but let them have their little problems.

Never let anybody make you feel guilty about your good fortune. People need to see what luck exists in their lives, but you can''t help that. All you can do is know how lucky you are.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2004 9:18:23 PM
Author: strmrdr
people only like me when their computer is broke and im the only one around to fix it.
But thats ok I dont like people anyway.
Computers are much more rational.

LOL!!! I say that a lot, only I say, "I hate people!"
11.gif

I prefer my two cats. Hehehe!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2004 4:40:53 PM
Author: joeybaby
I totally understand how you feel. I love my ring, but after my finaced proposed all of my friends and family just looked at my ring and said, it must be nice to be able to afford jewellery like that. my future sister in law even said I must be high matinence
to have a diamond that size( it''s a 2 carat asscher cut diamond that my fiancee got at auction for a good price). Now that I am planning my wedding certian firends are making me feel bad because I want a big, lavish wedding. I feel like everyone is just seeing my wedding as big fancy party and forgetting that it''s about 2 people who love each other very much. Now when people ask ''how much is you rwedding going to cost'' I find myself lying and telling them things are cheaper than actually are.

I could have written this post myself. Hubby got engaged when I was 21 and still college, and he was 26. I was one of the few that were engaged/married at the time and hubby bought me a 1ct RB solitaire. Well, people said it was pretty but then immediately asked how much it was. I also heard, "wow, he must really love you to get you a diamond that big." I HATE that...love is not measured by the size of the ring. Some people didn''t believe it was real because I was so young and called it a "cracker-jack box" ring. Whatever.

We had a large wedding also...it was a once in a life time event so I wanted to all out. People asked how much it cost, said it must be nice, it''s ridiculous to spend that much (even though they didn''t know the cost). People also gave me the "lavish party" line and I would say yes it is...but first and foremost it is about us and our love. What do you think a reception is??? It IS a party.

We usually go on a couple vacations a year and I get the "must be nice" line. I just shrug. My BIL is obessed with how much our things cost, because he wants to out do us. Up until last week, he was making about $70,000 a year and hubby was in school so things were a little tight. Now hubby is makes six figures and my BIL is soooooo jealous. He constantly asks, how much is the home you are building? How much did your Louis Vuitton, Prada, Coach bags cost?...what can I say, I''m a purse whore. And a diamond whore. Anyway, I went ering shopping with my BIL and he ended up with a beautiful 1ct. You know what his first question was? Is this one better than yours!?!?!!? I almost punched him!!!
29.gif
What does it matter? I didn''t answer, the yes his diamond IS better. Hubby was making $9/hr when he bought my diamond...but it''s still a beauty and financed (bad boy lol).

We have a wonderful relationship and love each other very much. We joke, make fun of each other, and each other a hard time (but in a loving way, if that makes sense). Our bond is strong, and treats me like a princess. He''s very chivelrous (spelling?) pays for dinner, movies, etc unless I demand that I pay (he doesn''t want me to pay). He opened car doors for me (until he got a car with locks you press a button on a key chain lol).
9.gif
People say "you guys get along well, huh?" We do...but it seems like people say it with a jealous tone.

Wow, I wrote a freakin'' novel. I''m done now!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2004 11:38:31 AM
Author: orbaya

My BIL is obessed with how much our things cost, because he wants to out do us. He constantly asks, how much is the home you are building? How much did your Louis Vuitton, Prada, Coach bags cost?...what can I say, I''m a purse whore. And a diamond whore.

I have the same problem with my SIL. I have always had this problem with her, either not having enough or it just not being good enough.

She is constantly trying to outdo us.

Example, when we bought our house, I purchased a Weber grill. The one I really wanted had a side burner and one day she started asking me questions about the grill. I told her that I got it on sale for 20% off and that the one I really wanted was the Gold model with the side burner.

She didn''t say anything.........

This was two years ago.

Something happened last year, so she has stopped talking to me, but anyway, one day, we stopped by her house to pick up a relative who was visiting from France to take him out to eat.

AS we pull up into the driveway, guess what is blocking our path? Why, a Weber Grill box. And guess which Weber grill it is? Why the one that I had told her I wanted!!!

OF course, this was a Saturday night, so there was no reason why she should have this box outside, except of course because she knew that we would be coming and the obvious place for us to see it would be in the driveway, since we wouldn''t go into her house since she is not speaking to me.

So, it''s little things like this that annoy the crap out of me. I believe that she purposely bought that Grill because she knew that I wanted it and so she could tell my husband''s family that her''s is better..
20.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
My BIL always felt the need to tell us how much he spent on things if what he got was "better." He''s in the computer industry and just started near the end of the "good times" before things started going downhill. He bragged that he would retire in 5 years with $5 million in the bank...I guess that happened to some where he works...but that was way before him. Guess what? It''s been over 5 years, doesn''t have $5 million and is still working. He also had to tell the family when he got bonuses and exactly how much they were for. No one really cares.
He''s now making less money than my hubby and he''s all upset about it because up until now he''s always made more and ejoyed reminding us of that. He''s getting married in April to a girl in grad school is is complaining how they will have even less money because of her loans. Well, I don''t feel for him because we have $70,000 worth of our school loans to pay back. (Think of the diamonds THAT could buy lol).
23.gif

He is really a good guy, but this part of his personality is something I just can''t stand. Oh well.

And of course I''ve had some jealousy too. There have been some things that other people that I would love to have or do. The difference is that I keep my jealousy to myself and don''t express to them. I am still very happy for them about whatever it is. I''m not vocal about it like my BIL is.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
people are crazy to be jealous of what other people have as long as you are happy who cares what other people have. i buy what i can afford without using my cc.

p.s. i know Sam Walton would be jealous of me. i can afford to drive a 2001 toyota truck and he can only afford to drive a green 1958 truck the day he die.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results