shape
carat
color
clarity

Jealousy - do you experience it a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Well, this isn't entirely diamond-related, but sort of. I've noticed that some of the people here seem to be successful (either in work, or in school which might lead to work). Plus, we are savvy shoppers so we have lovely jewels
28.gif
. Do you find that people are jealous? I'm not trying to be a snot, but DH and I probably have more money than our friends, so while we do save a lot, we also have more stuff. I find that sometimes I don't tell people about something we're doing because I don't want to hear "Gee, that must be nice" or whatever. And if my MIL knew that H spent more than $1k on my ring, she'd probably freak out, so I won't even start on the in-laws. Anyone have similar experiences?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
nope, too broke to have anything to be jealous of.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
LOL - well, sometimes people are jealous of things that you''ve done. For example, DH is a surgery resident so he hardly makes any money, but people think I''m so lucky to have landed a surgeon.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
people only like me when their computer is broke and im the only one around to fix it.
But thats ok I dont like people anyway.
Computers are much more rational.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/20/2004 9:18:23 PM
Author: strmrdr
people only like me when their computer is broke and im the only one around to fix it.

So that works out well for everyone!
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

Hey, that''s my motto!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I think a lot of people are jealous of my husband/our relationship, of which the jewelry is an obvious sign. We really are best friends with that special spark--after 10 years. My husband is a rare breed--a smart, handsome, professional man who is also selfless and caring. The other day, he picked up our sick doggie (he has a back injury) to take him outside and I saw him quietly bend his head and gently kiss the little dog's back. He didn't know I saw this. That's just one of thousands of examples. Yet, the other day, when the dog was screaming in pain and I broke down (had an asthma attack I was so upset) he came in and took care of everything.

I've ended friendships over this. I've had a couple friends who were obviously very jealous and it became uncomfortable.
20.gif
38.gif

I thank God everyday for my husband and our life. He makes me so happy and the bling is just gravy.
1.gif

PS I can understand where storm is coming from. We aren't "people" people either. We prefer very small social events with a few people we really like (and these individuals are rare). We tend to be picky about our friends. Now, the relatives, you can't do much about--but we try.
2.gif
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geez...I thought this thread was about whether I experienced jealousy of *OTHERS* a lot! I wouldn't say I am jealous "a lot", but I do covet things others have at times. I try to remember not to compare my insides to other people's outsides, but especially when we lived in a tiny house I would often look at the homes of more affluent people with lovely homes and wish I could own them :). I wish I never felt jealous, but the best I can do right now is to *TRY* to feel grateful for my blessings.

Deborah

PS-Since this seems to have become a subtopic: I like people, but I like dogs even more. Our current dog is a maniac who bites people at the front door, but I am hoping to get a second who is more mellow! (Our prior dog was a Golden and she was not such a nut! Biscuit is a Lab...and CRAZY!!)

suzannecallison

Rough_Rock
Computers are much more rational.
Snort!!! you could be best friends with my husband
9.gif

Suzanne

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2004 9:13
6.gif
5 AM
Author: AGBF

PS-Since this seems to have become a subtopic: I like people, but I like dogs even more. Our current dog is a maniac who bites people at the front door, but I am hoping to get a second who is more mellow! (Our prior dog was a Golden and she was not such a nut! Biscuit is a Lab...and CRAZY!!)
Amen, sister! Here is our little patient (in the canine infirmary--with my aerobed where we sleep until he heals!) Thank God the pc is in here.
1.gif

elmo.blue.4.jpg

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/21/2004 6
6.gif
7:53 AM
Author: Jennifer5973
I''ve ended friendships over this. I''ve had a couple friends who were obviously very jealous and it became uncomfortable.
20.gif
38.gif

I thank God everyday for my husband and our life. He makes me so happy and the bling is just gravy.
1.gif

PS I can understand where storm is coming from. We aren''t ''people'' people either. We prefer very small social events with a few people we really like (and these individuals are rare). We tend to be picky about our friends. Now, the relatives, you can''t do much about--but we try.
2.gif
1.gif

Wow, I could have written these parts!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 63px">The other day, he picked up our sick doggie (he has a back injury) to take him outside and I saw him quietly bend his head and gently kiss the little dog''s back. He didn''t know I saw this. That''s just one of thousands of examples. Yet, the other day, when the dog was screaming in pain and I broke down (had an asthma attack I was so upset) he came in and took care of everything.
Awww.. men who are sweet and kind to animals are the only kind of men I would want in my life. My German Shephard loves nothing more than to sleep in my husband''s arms! That is the sweetest story. I am sad to hear that some of you so-called *friends* were jealous of your relationship with your husband. If anything, there should be more relationships like it out there and it should be celebrated.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2004 10:42:46 AM

6.gif
5 AM

Amen, sister! Here is our little patient (in the canine infirmary--with my aerobed where we sleep until he heals!) Thank God the pc is in here.
1.gif
The pic of your sick puppy is breaking my heart!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock

6.gif
5 AM

1.gif
I''m sorry to hear your little guy is under the weather. My husband and I have been married for 15 years and never had children, just a four legged miniature schnauzer named Dieter. He was our little man, my special friend and he lost his battle with cancer in September. He was 14 and 1/2 years old, and I miss him more than I can even explain. I know what you mean about people, we have a select few "true" friends and I''ve never met an animal I didn''t instantly love
30.gif
I hope your little "patient" gets to feeling better soon!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2004 12:25:16 PM
Author: Libster

6.gif
5 AM

1.gif
I'm sorry to hear your little guy is under the weather. My husband and I have been married for 15 years and never had children, just a four legged miniature schnauzer named Dieter. He was our little man, my special friend and he lost his battle with cancer in September. He was 14 and 1/2 years old, and I miss him more than I can even explain. I know what you mean about people, we have a select few 'true' friends and I've never met an animal I didn't instantly love
30.gif
I hope your little 'patient' gets to feeling better soon!
Thanks so much everyone, for your good vibes!
16.gif
We are caring for him 24/7 and we are very hopeful his spine can heal enough so he is 100% in a few weeks. He'll be prone to these disk problems for life but we are optimistic. I hear you 100%--our dogs are our life. We love them with all our hearts. I am so sorry to hear about Dieter.I can only imagine the pain. I DREAD when our time comes--Elmo is 7.5 and Freddy, our other dog, is 10.5. But I don't care what the Catholic Church says--Dogs have souls and I believe there is a special place for that wonderful, positive energy somewhere in the universe and they are all there, waiting for us.
1.gif
remember-dog spelled backwards is "God." I believe they are pieces of God here with us, to help us. They are gifts.
12.gif

Here is another heartbreaker. His little head....and his favorite dolly...He is tethered to my chair in here and I let him lay in the hall...I looked down and all I saw was this little head. My heart twinged.

Oh, goodness, so sorry for hijacking!!!!!!!
15.gif

Elmo.head.doll.2.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Jen--your poor little bubbyzaza
face14.gif
So cute! Pets are sooo precious b/c they don''t worry about how much jewellery you have or where you live or how skinny your ass is--they just love you. Period. Now if only those simple lessons could be conferred onto humans........................

I can relate your story about husbands and pets--before our beloved Bengal kitten (Nahla) got very sick and died, she would jump up on my husbands lap while he was working on his laptop--and I could hear him cooing to her from the other room. Like he was whispering sweet nothings into her furry little ear--and it would bring tears to my eyes.

thinking healing thoughts across the miles--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jen, I love what you said about your relationship with your hubby and those ''little things'' and can relate to that. In general I think people tend to get hung up on material things just because they are easy to think about and quantify (aka you want this), but I tell Greg often that we should be very grateful for what we do have and that we are luckier than most. I think many times it''s easy to overlook what you DO have in favor for what you don''t....but when I stop and look at our lives, I feel blessed to have found Greg, to have our beautiful little puppy, our wonderful house which we love spending time in and are having fun making a home, jobs that keep a roof over our head, family who loves us and that we are extremely close to...the list goes on and on. ;-)

Jen give your pupp loving kisses for me...the poor thing! Portia wants to come and take care of him.
2.gif
We had to take her into the vet this week because she was throwing up every meal, they did blood work and xrays (was really cool to see her insides on the xray!), turns out she just ate a piece of hard bone and had to pass it. It was an expensive office visit but we were really worried. Our first ''baby'' of course. ;-) She''s still on some meds so her stomach can desensitize, and can only have chicken and rice for about another week...we''re keeping fingers crossed that''s it and it won''t be an ongoing sensitive stomach thing. I hate cleaning up doggie barf and the carpets hate it too.
40.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Aw Jennifer, poor little Elmo! He''s so sweet! I often look down and see Rosie''s nose poking out from under the couch and my heart breaks. Dogs are the greatest and I never ever wanted one until our daughter brought home this mutt!

Rosie will join Portia in taking care of Elmo! If nothing else, they could make him laugh!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2004 12:39:25 PM

Thanks so much everyone, for your good vibes!
16.gif
We are caring for him 24/7 and we are very hopeful his spine can heal enough so he is 100% in a few weeks. He''ll be prone to these disk problems for life but we are optimistic. I hear you 100%--our dogs are our life. We love them with all our hearts. I am so sorry to hear about Dieter.I can only imagine the pain. I DREAD when our time comes--Elmo is 7.5 and Freddy, our other dog, is 10.5. But I don''t care what the Catholic Church says--Dogs have souls and I believe there is a special place for that wonderful, positive energy somewhere in the universe and they are all there, waiting for us.
1.gif
remember-dog spelled backwards is ''God.'' I believe they are pieces of God here with us, to help us. They are gifts.
12.gif

Here is another heartbreaker. His little head....and his favorite dolly...He is tethered to my chair in here and I let him lay in the hall...I looked down and all I saw was this little head. My heart twinged.

Oh, goodness, so sorry for hijacking!!!!!!!
15.gif

AWWWW.. I hope Elmo will be doing better soon. His little head! Oh! I got a lump in my throat.

Libster: I am so sorry about Dieter. I know how painful it must be for you. I agree with Jennifer, he is playing in puppy heaven right now and he''ll be there for you again one day.

My big baby is laying on my feet. He''s panting his head off. It is 90 degrees here, but he has to be close to mama!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jennifer-

I missed the original thread about Elmo. People keep quoting parts of it here, but I did not know you had a sick dog at *all* and would like to read the original thread. Please point me to it. And please know that my heart goes out to you. I have seen my babies in pain and it is hideous. Biscuit's "knee" surgery caused 1/4 of his body to be shaved and all I saw were purple welts and staples all over his back. To see him suffer was hideous. Thank God he is all better now (just a few months later)...and up to no good. God willing, Elmo will be, too! Here's to his recovery and some naughty behavior!

Hugs,
Deb

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I have to tell all of you that your warm thoughts and wonderful sentiments actually made me tear up! Thank you so much. it's been an emotionally trying week but we're hanging in!
1.gif

Forthelove, Mara, Patty, Sharon--thanks so much! And Portia, Rosie, & Forthe love's "lump" too! I know the good vibes are reaching Elmo and he will be fine--we're just in it for the long haul.

Sharon, you didn't miss anything! There really wasn't an original Elmo thread--I just sort of let it all hang out in this thread which has nothing to do with sick doggies! I have hijacked it in the name of therapy for myself--"talking" about it has made me feel better, especially becasue so many Pscopers understand about pets/dogs and how much a person can love an animal. I can feel the good vibes here. A lot of people don't get it. They say, "Oh. It's just a dog?"
20.gif
All I can say is THANK GOD I have a boss who is a dog lover--she has been wonderful....it was a hairy week.
40.gif
I am glad, though, that your little guy (ok-not so little) is doing better (OMG--staples? Poor baby
8.gif
) I guess we'll all make it through these doggie dramas!
1.gif

Thanks again, gals! Maybe someone will see this thread and be jealous of all the love Elmo is getting! (okay--I am trying to reign it in...
2.gif
)

PS She isn't here in this thread but a special thank you to blueroses who shared her personal story with me and helped me so much.
1.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, losing Dieter was the hardest thing I''ve gone through in my 40 years, and I''ve been through a lot. I''ve always loved animals, but some are like your little animal "soul" mates. He was my doggie "soul mate". I know how tough it is when they are sick and you just would do anything to take away their pain and make them feel better. They truly are a gift from God! Treasure every minute you have with your little angels
12.gif

Sorry I''ve gotten so off-topic
emembarrassed.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Libster,

I had to run out before (at my daughter''s behest). I wanted to tell you that I, also, offer my condolences on Dieter. I have a child, but that does not at *ALL* diminish my love for my pets. I have lost two wonderful dogs before in my life and one never gets over the loss, even if one gets another dog that one loves to pieces. So my heart goes out to you, too.

Hugs,
Deb

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer:

I am so sorry to hear about your little fur baby. My little beagle, Tootsie, just got out of the hospital and she has cancer, its been many trips to various vets for her. I will pray for your little guy. I absolutely love pets. I had to put my 17yr old Cocker mix to sleep this past Jan. and it was so heartbreaking, we lost our 15 yr old Sharpei to cancer the past December. I thought we would not adopt any more pets until we met 2 beagles, one is a miniature and my daughter fell in love with them, so we have 2 beagle babies now! These gals have helped me get past my other baby passing, they are just like children! Actually, my daughter says shes the Mommy to the miniature one, whom she named Misti Rose, and my husband and I are stepparents! And the older dog is an Aunt to it! Ah, shes so funny! To be honest, these dogs had days before they were to be put down. Everyone should adopt a pet, they have so many different types at the humane society, even little chinchillas! To get on point: I think some ppl are unhappy in their marriage or current relationships and envy other ppls wives and husbands! I know my neighbor and I envy each others kids, since hers behaves so PERFECTLY at my home and my daughter is an angel at hers! And when they are home they are little rats! Maybe some ppl do not know what they have until they have lost it. Seeing death and life in my job each day reminds me how some ppl are very happy or sad.

Sorry for dragging this out!
Best,
Lori

PS ADOPT A PET! TO PREVENT NEEDLESS EUTHANASIA!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Lori, I like that you are the step parent to the dog! Since our daughter brought home Rosie, she is the mama and I am the "big mama."
emsad.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Patty,

How funny! I think this new pet is teaching my daughter good responsibility in life! Yeah, its funny how the older pet by 2 yrs is the Aunt to the little one! I joke about the "Adopted Grandparents", meaning my parents!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Yellowfan: I offer my condolences on the loss of your babies. I know how hard it must have been to watch them suffer. God bless. If we didn''t move so much..i''d have more than 1 dog...they give such love and only ask for love in return...

Jennifer: Your post made me tear.... I am so glad that your boss is SO understanding. It is not just a dog, it is a precious gift like so many here have stated. You, Elmo and your sweet DH will be in my prayers...I really Elmo starts feeling better soon. My big baby Jack sends his love also and hopes that Elmo gets to sit at the kitchen table with you again soon (I think it was you who mentioned this in a previous thread :)

Libster: I often tell my husband how I don''t know what I am going to do when our "baby" is no longer with us. He is just so loving and perfect....such a great gift. He is a great comfort to me, especially when his "daddy" is deployed. He is laying on the couch with "daddy" right now. I need to go over and kiss his great big nose! What I really wanted to say is that Dieter is there with you always, in your heart... he was lucky to have such a great and loving owner.

Patty: LOL! That is funny that your daughter has deemed that "big mama" is what you are. Kids do say the darndest things don''t they!

It is so nice to see everyone that has such loving relationships with their pets. God Bless you all.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2004 4:28:43 PM
Jennifer-

I missed the original thread about Elmo. People keep quoting parts of it here, but I did not know you had a sick dog at *all* and would like to read the original thread. Please point me to it. And please know that my heart goes out to you. I have seen my babies in pain and it is hideous. Biscuit''s ''knee'' surgery caused 1/4 of his body to be shaved and all I saw were purple welts and staples all over his back. To see him suffer was hideous. Thank God he is all better now (just a few months later)...and up to no good. God willing, Elmo will be, too! Here''s to his recovery and some naughty behavior!

Hugs,
Deb
AGBF,

I am so glad to hear that Biscuit (I LOVE that name) is doing much better. I drank a toast to naughty behavior!! Many Blessings to you and your family!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
yellowfan, I am sso orry for your losses. I''ve lost one before--my beloved childhood companion for 16 years, Tippy. Each time we lose a cherished pet, a piece of our heart goes with them. At least, that''s how it feels. I say to my DH often, "What will we do when they go?" And he says we''ll go abck to the shelter and get 2 more who need our love...what better way to honor them than to give two more homes and love? No two dogs are alike and each is special but you have the right idea--when i think of the homeless pets in this country, i get physically sick. We do what we can. Years ago, I volunteered at the shelter Freddy came from and lasted one day--I cried so hard I had an asthma attack and they sent me home!
14.gif
So I''ve done volunteer PR work and we give lots of money to the ASPCA, HSUS and a couple local places. And, I do want a third one but now we may wait and see. If Elmo''s condition becomes chronic, it might not be a good idea.
1.gif

forthelove--yup--that''s Elmo...sitting at the table like a little man. thanks to you & Jack for the good vibes--they are working! I told Elmo all of Pricescope is rooting for him and he smiled (swear!)
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results