shape
carat
color
clarity

JbEG meets heirloom OEC...

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I've somehow now managed to lose this post twice, so short and sweet (even though I have plenty of hurricane time):

I got engaged in June with my fiance's great-great aunt's OEC. We took it out of it's original setting, because it was incredibly delicate and my fiance was convinced I'd break it in a minute. We worked with Jbeg to create a custom setting that was more modern and took my love of bezels (but inability to wear them well) into consideration. And I love it. I can't get over how sparkly the OEC is, as someone whose mom didn't have an ering and who doesn't own any other diamonds (I'm a CS girl). My colleagues catch me all the time playing with the colors is throws off!

Specs:
1.05 ct, J color, SI2 (apparently borderline SI1, but clean enough for government business, as far as I'm concerned)
6.49 mm, slight blue fluor (I love the fluor!), poor symmetry, fair polish.

Working with JbEG was fantastic and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I really adore Erica, she was wonderful and sweet to work with - and put up with all my anxiety about this being perfect. The ring does have slight porosity on one of the shoulders, which you can see in one of the flower pics, but you can't see it IRL and the appraiser said it isn't a concern. I never would have noticed if not for his appraisal.

And now, pics! If anyone can suggest a wb, I'd love to hear it. I may get the shoulders lowered slightly, as they stand out from my fingers further than I'd like but I don't want to part with it long enough to do so!

Novelering1.jpg

Novelering3.JPG

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful family heirloom diamond! Simoly gorgeous. I love the setting you designed, it compliments it so well. As for a wedding band, I'd either get a custom curved diamond band, or a plain band. Congratulations!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! That's beautiful! I love the new take on the solitaire. Congratulations!! I've had great experience with JbEG. I'm glad you did too!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite picture of it, strangely, taken in a Berlin hotel bathroom mirror with my blackberry. You can definitely see the tint here, but look at the fire!

More flowers, taken the day after we got engaged by my very confused fiance ("why are you putting your new ring in a... flower?")

And in it's original setting, which we've reset with a CS and will be giving to his mother (it was her great-aunt's) as a present before our wedding.

Novelering2.jpg

Novelering4.jpg

IMG_3203.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Feb03Bride|1314479813|3002002 said:
What a beautiful family heirloom diamond! Simoly gorgeous. I love the setting you designed, it compliments it so well. As for a wedding band, I'd either get a custom curved diamond band, or a plain band. Congratulations!

Thanks, Feb! I'll have to take a pic of the profile, it's actually made for a band to sit under it perfectly (which I LOVE!) but I can't find one that has the ring feel!

Wow, having your my complimented, I feel all warm inside! This is fun.

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
absolutely lovely!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lickout: :appl: :love:
That is a GORGEOUS ring you designed! It looks so good on your hand! Congratulations on the engagement and wear it in good health.

Usually, I am of the mindset that the more "bling" added to a setting, the better, but this setting just convinced me otherwise - the original setting with the diamonds in the band just doesn't compare - there is a "wow" factor to your new setting that has got me so "vaklempt" that I am unable to articulate properly why I love it more, so I will just add more smileys!
:appl: :cheeky: :love:
and green with envy! :mrgreen:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, I LOVE that setting. I would love more photos!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful ring. Glad you are happy! Congratulations!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's really elegant and sophisticated. More pics please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1314482181|3002075 said:
It's really elegant and sophisticated. More pics please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ditto! I love the setting-it is perfect to showcase your beautiful heirloom diamond.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Very gorgeous and substantial on your finger! What's your ring size?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous ring! The diamond is beautiful and the setting is just stunning! Congratulations!

And I would love to see some super duper close up shots if you can get any! I want to see more of the detail!

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
LOVE it!!! :appl:

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Please post lots more hand shots

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! It's beautiful! Nice nail polish too...looks great on your hands.

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! The setting is very elegant, love the work on the shank! Please post more pictures soon! :appl:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
oh novel the ring is just beautiful!!! I love how it is a bit more unigue then a plain solitare but still really elegant. Wonderful diamond and setting!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lovely take on a solitaire! Congrats on your engagement:)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! :love: Congratulations on your engagement!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! You did a great job on the design of the setting!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so lovely! What a special ring. Congratulations!

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
I love it! It is gorgeous!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really pretty!

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
Love your ring! I really like JBEG's settings. Ditto on the more photos!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh how lovely! You asked about bands...what about trying to find something antique, with either coloured stones (since that's more your thing) or some engraving? I think the contrast of old and new would be striking! Or what about a Jazz-style band?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement!!

Elegant is the perfect description :appl:

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, you guys! I think some part of me was afraid to post but thank you so much! It's so fun to hear, I had no idea.

Uppy, thank you! You have great taste, so that means a lot! Your experience with JbEG was actually the one that convinced my (then) boyfriend that they'd be ok to work with!

Thanks, catwalk82, bright ice, cushioncutnut, Laila, tyty,jlp, and Tacori!

PintoBean, thank you thank you! I totally think so too, about the original, that somehow the stone really shines much more here. I absolutely adore the ring and am so pleased the "wow" translates to others, too!

Ame, Gypsy, slg, Thing2of2, renogirl, Verdy, I promise to work on more pictures. I have tons of bad blackberry pictures, but maybe I'll see if FI would take some good ones, even though the next time we'll have natural light on this coast may be days away... I definitely need to show you guys a profile shot, it's amazing!

Wakingdreams, thanks! I've got a pretty small finger, just 4.25. I think the diamond is a perfect size for my finger, and when you add the sort of "halo" that it's got, it definitely has real presence.

centralsquare, ha, thanks! I love that purple color. I'm seriously considering getting married in it! Glad to know it doesn't look weird in photos.

Hi Sarah! Thanks so much! I didn't want something blingy, it didn't make sense for me or my lifestyle, but I wanted something interesting and classic. I'm so glad this seems to have worked!

Thank you for the congrats, Shimmer and DS!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
vc10um|1314494872|3002810 said:
Oh how lovely! You asked about bands...what about trying to find something antique, with either coloured stones (since that's more your thing) or some engraving? I think the contrast of old and new would be striking! Or what about a Jazz-style band?

Thanks, vc10! About bands - I've been thinking kind of the same thing. I looked at it with a sapphire bezel band and it seemed strange, but I'm wondering if I need to see more seriously non-matchy on me before sapphires will look more normal against the wring. Unexpectedly, I didn't want anything to compete with the ring, which I hadn't expected! I'm still really into the idea of the half eternity bezel bands that BGD and Whiteflash do, if I can figure out what the right size would be for the diamonds. I also always thought I'd only wear my wedding band, but now that I actually have an ering, that seems furthest from my mind!

I agree with you about engraving. I'm going to do some investigating in the next few weeks... we're not getting married until July, I have time!

Also, thanks heb and Yssie! So wonderful to hear!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results