shape
carat
color
clarity

Jared... Who would have thought

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock

I am not a big believer in purchasing from huge corporations, but seeing as how she fell in love with a setting from Jared, I had no choice. Of course I wasn''t stupid enough to buy the actual center diamond from them, as they would have charged me almost double for the Princess cut that I found here on Pricescope. Also, I was the first person ever to put a Princess cut diamond into that specific setting (which was originally designed for a round cut), so it is unique in a way. They did have a hard time setting the diamond though, but I did buy the lifetime warranty, and both the center diamond and the setting was insured with their own separate price, so I am not that concerned. Also, it is nice to buy from them, as if anything goes wrong with the ring there are Jareds all over the US that I can bring it to.

BTW, no one at Jared knew what Pricescope was, not even any customers walking in. I felt like such an outsider.

All 4 pics.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful! I really like the Princess with it, good job.
36.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
very beautiful!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!
face23.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I can certainly see why she fell in love with that setting! Its stunning!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, I love that setting!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am very happy you got what you wanted--it is lovely!

cheers--Sharon

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That setting is pretty fantastic! And good job on buying the princess elsewhere!!

What are the specs on the ring?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is a beautiful ring
30.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Jason that''s a beautiful ring. I LOVE the setting
30.gif

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 5:45:34 PM
Author: FrekeChild
That setting is pretty fantastic! And good job on buying the princess elsewhere!!

Setting;
14k white gold, 3 stone setting, with 2 pear shape diamonds and 32 round cut diamonds @ a total diamond weight of .63cts (apparently most of what Jared has is 14k gold)

Princess cut center diamond;
Weight: 0.91
Color: H
Clarity: VVS2
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Florescence: None
Table: 69%
Depth: 73.6%
GIA certified
Great Aset scope images

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
The detail work is quite beautiful!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m generally not drawn to squared shapes, but that ring is really beautiful. I can see why she wanted it so much!
I think it came out great.

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 7:05:02 PM
Author: gemgirl
I'm generally not drawn to squared shapes, but that ring is really beautiful. I can see why she wanted it so much!
I think it came out great.

Thank you
1.gif

It was actually not planned this way it all....

It all started when we were talking about getting married and I asked her what type of ring she is into. Her response was, "whatever looks pretty". Ummm, Ok?
So I started looking with no clue where to start. After getting aggravated, I pleaded with her to give me at least a little idea what was "pretty" to her. So after looking at a few rings on line with her, she was attracted to the 3 stone settings mainly. But she didn't want the ring to be "too busy".

So after looking at hundreds of 3 stone rings online, I came across one that looked perfect, which needed a Princess cut diamond for the center. After more research I found a beautiful Princess cut diamond at Pricescope, which was in my price range, and was perfect on paper. I bought the diamond right away seeing as how all the good ones get taken right away, in which I bought it threw Diamond Scaasi, that had a 30 day full refund policy. After looking at it with my Aset scope I was REALLY impressed and keeped it.

A little later, my girlfriend had the urge to take a look at a few rings at a retail store, where we went to Jared. After looking around, we came upon the setting that you see and she fell in love with it right away. Unfortunately, it was really meant for a round cut diamond (due to the antique belt around the prongs molded round). I asked them if they are able to put a princess cut diamond in the center instead of a round cut and flatten the belt around the prongs. They said we "should" be able to, but didn't sound very convincing. I was also scared as to how it would look with a princess instead of round. Needless to say, it turned out great I think and hopefully she will too when I finally pop the question.
21.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good work!!!!!! AND, you''re not an outsider, you''re an insider!!!!
35.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful piece!!
36.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2009 6:38:05 PM
Author: JasonFaber

Setting;
14k white gold, 3 stone setting, with 2 pear shape diamonds and 32 round cut diamonds @ a total diamond weight of .63cts (apparently most of what Jared has is 14k gold)

GIA certified
Great Aset scope images

Would you mind sharing the setting designer with me or the style number? My local jared doesnt have anything like that...otherwise I would have set my stone in it! I dont have a princess cut though...you did a great job! beautiful!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Best of both worlds- a setting your FF loves AND a great stone found with the help of PS. Great work!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Just stunning!!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring!!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! An awesome way to set your princess. I have several settings from Jared and they were, cost-wise, the way to go. And they are good quality. Enjoy!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
NICE!!
30.gif
I''m not usually a princess girl but I''d take that beauty in a heartbeat!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I''m a princess cut quality snob, and I like what I see. Which vendor sold you this beauty of a diamond?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did such a great job. She's going to be thrilled. I love your story!!! Please come back with hand pics. Best of luck!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Congratulations!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring! You will have to post handshots when you can
1.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2009 8:51:40 PM
Author: redrose229

Setting;

GIA certified
Great Aset scope images

Would you mind sharing the setting designer with me or the style number? My local jared doesnt have anything like that...otherwise I would have set my stone in it! I dont have a princess cut though...you did a great job! beautiful!
Stephanie you took the words right out of my mouth, lol, i was thinking the same thing, except i do have a princess that is just a little bigger then then this one, the setting is beautiful!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Jason..I have to say this because I love the commercials...

HE WENT TO JARED!

I''ve been wanting to post it but didn''t want you to think it was a dig...which it most certainly isn''t. It''s the commercial that''s in my head.

I can''t wait to see hand shots! Promise...lots of hand shots.

BTW (not sure if you posted) when will you give her the ring?
35.gif

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 11:11:35 PM
Author: jstarfireb
It''s gorgeous! I''m a princess cut quality snob, and I like what I see. Which vendor sold you this beauty of a diamond?
I am not sure of the vendor, but it was advertised at about 8 different retailers on PS. I actually asked Diamond Scaasi if they were able to pick the diamond up for me, as they were the ones that I was dealing with at the time. They even agreed to match the price that I had seen it advertized @ $3300. I am just glad that I grabbed it before it was taken right away.

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 7:34:56 AM
Author: diamondrnglover

Date: 3/19/2009 8:51:40 PM
Author: redrose229

Setting;

GIA certified
Great Aset scope images

Stephanie you took the words right out of my mouth, lol, i was thinking the same thing, except i do have a princess that is just a little bigger then then this one, the setting is beautiful!

Not sure about the designer, but I believe the stock# is 61366802. It is quite rare, even with this ring being from Jared, as no other Jareds seem to ever have this ring in stock. Also, if you want it in platinum, it would need to be special ordered for an additional $1200. I ended up just going with the 14ct gold, as I really did not feel the need to give her a ring that absolutely had to be done in platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results