shape
carat
color
clarity

JannPaul Lab Diamonds-has anyone purchased or seen them?

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I learned from another thread that was discussing the JannPaul decagon cut that JannPaul now offers lab diamonds. About at the middle of this page: https://www.jannpaul.com/diamond-price-guide. Just curious if anyone has considered these or purchased one? And do you think they'd be of the same cut quality as DG, for example? Or better? It looks like they are even offering the decagon cut in lab. Just curious since I am happy to see lab stones more widely carried.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I learned from another thread that was discussing the JannPaul decagon cut that JannPaul now offers lab diamonds. About at the middle of this page: https://www.jannpaul.com/diamond-price-guide. Just curious if anyone has considered these or purchased one? And do you think they'd be of the same cut quality as DG, for example? Or better? It looks like they are even offering the decagon cut in lab. Just curious since I am happy to see lab stones more widely carried.

From what I'm reading and interpreting, JP has LGDs *custom* cut to the same exact strict specifications as their EGDs, so the only difference between the diamonds would be the origin of existence.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
@DejaWiz is correct. JannPaul communicated to me that the same Master Cutter in Belgium is cutting both EGD and LGD to their unique, strict, patented and precise specs of the White Series SICs. Therefore, all will be AGS 000 lab graded.

JP vetted many LGD manufacturers before finding one who did not rush the process to avoid striations and discoloration. And JP also avoids color enhancing treatments. JP maintains high standards to provide the best diamonds to its clients and protect its excellent reputation.

I have purchased three EG Decagons for my wife and have not seen an actual JP LGD. I am considering an LGD heart 8 H&As for my granddaughter who is graduating high school in a few months. This is one of two new design additions to JP's White Series.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
@DejaWiz is correct. JannPaul communicated to me that the same Master Cutter in Belgium is cutting both EGD and LGD to their unique, strict, patented and precise specs of the White Series SICs. Therefore, all will be AGS 000 lab graded.

JP vetted many LGD manufacturers before finding one who did not rush the process to avoid striations and discoloration. And JP also avoids color enhancing treatments. JP maintains high standards to provide the best diamonds to its clients and protect its excellent reputation.

I have purchased three EG Decagons for my wife and have not seen an actual JP LGD. I am considering an LGD heart 8 H&As for my granddaughter who is graduating high school in a few months. This is one of two new design additions to JP's White Series.

BTW, I have seen White Series AGS 000 SIC grading reports for both EGD and LGD and the quality of the 4 Cs is the same. With the current geopolitical global situation affecting market forces and causing spiking EGD costs, there is a noticeable shift in purchasing patterns towards LGD.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, I have seen White Series AGS 000 SIC grading reports for both EGD and LGD and the quality of the 4 Cs is the same. With the current geopolitical global situation affecting market forces and causing spiking EGD costs, there is a noticeable shift in purchasing patterns towards LGD.
That’s what I am understanding too—custom cut to the same specifications as their EGD. If I hadn’t just bought an LGD, I would definitely be considering a JannPaul decagon.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock

That sounds like a beautiful present for your granddaughter. I know I would’ve loved to get something like that!

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock

Correction: JP does utilize HPHT post treatment on its LGD to attain the pink coloration.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I reached out to Eugene n will head down some time in April, depending on his availability. Haha... I took a lot of photos n videos during my trip last year (shared in my addicted2diamonds.blogspot. Will be taking quite a few this time if he doesn't mind. I m looking at their fancy color diamonds.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I reached out to Eugene n will head down some time in April, depending on his availability. Haha... I took a lot of photos n videos during my trip last year (shared in my addicted2diamonds.blogspot. Will be taking quite a few this time if he doesn't mind. I m looking at their fancy color diamonds.
Woohoo!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all.. we met up with Eugene last week. During our short visit, Eugene is very patient and showed us the following white series: SHIELD, HEART, EMERALD and DECAGON ideal cut. My husband loves the Shield... while for me, I love the Heart and Decagon. Will post the videos n photos this weekend.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all.. we met up with Eugene last week. During our short visit, Eugene is very patient and showed us the following white series: SHIELD, HEART, EMERALD and DECAGON ideal cut. My husband loves the Shield... while for me, I love the Heart and Decagon. Will post the videos n photos this weekend.

How exciting! Did you see any of their fancy color lab diamonds as well?

Tetrahedron29

Rough_Rock

Excited to see your photos! My BF and I are very seriously considering their Oval 8 line. We've put in an inquiry for an appointment!! :) Initial information states that they only do custom cuts for their LGD, which takes ~4 months.

Does anyone have experience with buying from them from the U.S.?

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! Did you see any of their fancy color lab diamonds as well?

Oh yeesh! I saw their fancy colors as well. Their fancy color labs are all graded by GIA. I prefer their fancy intense pink, looks soft and true pink (not orangey pink). However their blue looks more of a teal blue and not lavender blue which some of you might prefer.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Excited to see your photos! My BF and I are very seriously considering their Oval 8 line. We've put in an inquiry for an appointment!! :) Initial information states that they only do custom cuts for their LGD, which takes ~4 months.

Does anyone have experience with buying from them from the U.S.?

Eugene has shown us the oval 8 in our previous engagement a year or so ago... and yes.. When placed together with the traditional oval, their oval 8 outshone in performance in every single way. U can look for all the videos n images my post (addicted2diamonds.blogspot.com) when I did the coverage on oval 8. My favorite part is when the oval 8 is placed in this special chamber where u get to see it 'live' in action.

In all honesty, all of their ideal cuts really outperformed the GIA 3EX cuts. You might wonder why I said so, Eugene did look for various excellent cuts (whose performance is not bad under ASET and Ideal scope ) and placed them next to their ideal cut series when he wanted to show us the difference. Their showroom also sells other diamond jewelry and loose diamonds too and hence it is very easy for him to demonstrate the difference in the diamond performance.

Even my husband who is not that interested in diamonds.. was extremely impressed by what he saw.

Diamond shopping is never the same again when you get to see the difference in your own eyes.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeesh! I saw their fancy colors as well. Their fancy color labs are all graded by GIA. I prefer their fancy intense pink, looks soft and true pink (not orangey pink). However their blue looks more of a teal blue and not lavender blue which some of you might prefer.

Oh, please share photos of their fancy colors! I would love to see truly well cut fancy colored diamonds, and a soft and true pink sounds right up my alley.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, please share photos of their fancy colors! I would love to see truly well cut fancy colored diamonds, and a soft and true pink sounds right up my alley.

Sure will do! Lemme run through the photos and see if I manage to get a decent photo of it. And... Can u imagine a heart ideal cut in pink?! If I had not brought 2 fancy pink hearts.. I would have gotten it straight away.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Sure will do! Lemme run through the photos and see if I manage to get a decent photo of it. And... Can u imagine a heart ideal cut in pink?! If I had not brought 2 fancy pink hearts.. I would have gotten it straight away.

Can’t wait to see! Glad you got to visit.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
As promised, here are the photos and videos. Detailed report inside the blog post. Pardon the low quality videos taken by my shaky hands. :)

JannPaul_lab_diamonds_white_series.jpeg

Shield 2.0 Eugene & my spouse's prefered shape:

Emerald 2.0 (requested by another pricescoper)

Heart: my favorite but since I already have 2 in fancy pink and vivid pink, I placed an order for Decagon in the end...

JannPaul_Heart_white_series.jpeg

Fancy colors lab

JannPaul_fancy_color_diamonds_white_series.jpeg

The lab diamonds from JP are are guaranteed to be free from stria or off hues and are all Type IIa, the chemically purest makes and are AGS or GIA certified only. They are available from D to F colors, fancy pink and blue, with VVS1 to VS1 clarity. JP mined and lab are indistinguishable in person; there is no blue nuance in their lab diamonds.

We were told that JP:
- uses the highest quality carbon seeds only
- never reuse our carbon seeds
- do not add catalysts (eg. Boron, Aluminium or titanium ) to speed up the growth process
- their growing chambers are contaminant free
- ensures constant electricity supply (no restart during growth process which causes the stria effect )

Last edited:

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for all the photos and videos. I do love the shield cut because it’s so unique, but the emerald cut is pretty striking. I have to agree with you that if I were to purchase I would probably have to go with a decagon. What size did you get and what are your plans for setting it? Thanks for noting also about the lack of trade up for their lab diamonds in your blog. I didn’t know they had a trade up for their mined diamonds (?) But that is a good detail to keep in mind.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for all the photos and videos. I do love the shield cut because it’s so unique, but the emerald cut is pretty striking. I have to agree with you that if I were to purchase I would probably have to go with a decagon. What size did you get and what are your plans for setting it? Thanks for noting also about the lack of trade up for their lab diamonds in your blog. I didn’t know they had a trade up for their mined diamonds (?) But that is a good detail to keep in mind.

No problem! I hope the videos and photos helped. After viewing all their white series lined up side by side (Eugene was so incredibly patient with us), Decagon sparkles the most. I went for the 0.8 to 0.89c since it is a good size that shows the edges without being too expensive. I will choose their Inhouse ring settings, since they come with baby Decagons on the ring shank too.

Last edited:

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
No problem! I hope the videos and photos helped. After viewing all their white series lined up side by side (Eugene was so incredibly patient with us), Decagon sparkles the most. I went for the 0.8 to 0.89c since it is a good size that shows the edges without being too expensive. I will choose their Inhouse ring settings, since they come with baby Decagons on the ring shank too.

Sounds gorgeous!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing. Everything looks amazing! And that pink is perfection.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As promised, here are the photos and videos. Detailed report inside the blog post. Pardon the low quality videos taken by my shaky hands. :)

Heart: my favorite but since I already have 2 in fancy pink and vivid pink, I placed an order for Decagon in the end...

Fancy colors lab

The lab diamonds from JP are are guaranteed to be free from stria or off hues and are all Type IIa, the chemically purest makes and are AGS or GIA certified only. They are available from D to F colors, fancy pink and blue, with VVS1 to VS1 clarity. JP mined and lab are indistinguishable in person; there is no blue nuance in their lab diamonds.

We were told that JP:
- do not add catalysts (eg. Boron, Aluminium or titanium ) to speed up the growth process
- ensures constant electricity supply (no restart during growth process which causes the stria effect )

Thank you so much for the write-up and the photos and videos! They were incredibly helpful, and of course, everything looks gorgeous. The pink is my favorite shade of pink. I think I see one in my future. :Up_to_something:

That is so cool that their in-house settings come with baby Decagons. :kiss2: Can't wait to see your ring when it's completed! Thanks again for sharing!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock

Fancy colors lab

We were told that JP:

That emerald cut is incredible.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
@La2020 :shock:If anyone could make me a 'new cut' convert- this company can! I especially love that shield.
I love old cuts. Modern is nice and all, but these? These are something else. :love:
I can't wait to see your ring done and how the accents stones perform.

Victor Ang

Rough_Rock
Saw this on JP's instagram. The decagon cut in blue is amazing. It doesn't have the greenish blue which I often see in lab growns. I'm inspired to make it into a men's ring now :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results