shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT James Meyer WG antique cushion

reggie

Rough_Rock
Jim just sent me pictures of the completed ring. The ring should be in my possession sometime next week. It was suppose to be in YG but Jim accidently did it in WG. (I think I have the worst luck out of anyone on here) I like it though so I’m not going to have it redone.

Jim was very apologetic about the whole situation as you can imagine. We did talk about WG in a different setting as the possible ering so I think that’s where the wires got crossed. He was willing to redo the ring and I was tempted at first to take him up on his offer. But … the soon to be fiancé loved his new WG cushion in a somewhat similar setting that he just put on his website so I know she would be fine with any color really.

Without further ado, here are two pics of a JM platform style setting in WG with a 1.33ct L VS2 antique cushion.

reggie3.JPG

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock
i LOVE this ring... in the White gold....
really...
i personally like this better than if it had been YG.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Reggie, I''m really sorry for the confusion, but I''ve got to say that the ring looks STUNNING!!! My three stone is white gold (though I''m naturally a yg girl) and I just love it! I hope your girlfriend does too!

The stone is gorgeous; such an amazingly beautiful cut and color. I cannot wait to see handshots after the proposal.

I''m so glad it will be on it''s way to you soon!!

reggie

Rough_Rock
It was interesting when I first saw the pics. The best way to describe it is when you accidently pick up a glass of milk but you think you are about to drink some orange juice. Once you take a sip you don’t taste anything and all you can tell is something is wrong and it’s not how it’s suppose to be. I knew I liked what I saw but it was not what I was expecting.

I’m glad you both like the ring but then again you have to say that.
3.gif
I was concerned about the original being two toned (YG with platinum) but I figured it would look good in real life so I wasn’t going to sweat it. Now I don’t have that worry anymore which is nice.

On a very positive note I’m having a hard time not spilling the beans to the SO. I’m so excited that all of this is about to happen.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I think the ring is amazing as is, although I''m sorry about the mixup!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! I think it''s perfect as is - simply beautiful!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
No, no Reggie, I don''t HAVE to say anything!! You haven''t been around long enough to realize that I''m famous for saying exactly what I''m thinking. I''d just politely congratulate you on the engagement.

BUT THIS RING IS A BEAUTY!!! Sometimes the things that are not planned, are the best things to happen!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s completely amazing! Maybe she needs a JM RHR in yellow gold down the road!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
it''s fabulous! sorry for the mix-up but I''m glad you''re happy with it as is :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I think it looks terrible and you should get it remade.
14.gif

NOT! I think it looks much better in wg simply because it is a more modern color of metal. She will love it. I especially like the unplated wg that jim uses, it is unique and amazing.

littlemissmango

Rough_Rock
This has to be my favorite bezel setting I have ever seen. I love it and I honestly DON'T think I'd love it in yellow. It was a mistake that was meant to be! How wonderful!! BTW, that was too funny about the orange juice/milk analogy! :razz:

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I think it is perfect in white gold...your soon to be fiancee is going to LOVE it!!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I think the ring is perfect in white gold!

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock
Reggie do a search for the posts i have......
i don''t post often and rarely to the show me the ring stuff.

i don''t gush just over anything.... :)

where did you end up getting the stone from?

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Reggie -

The ring is stunning! I love my JM yellow gold ring but if I was going to go with a diamond in that particular setting, it woud have been white gold. I was just showing the website to my husband last night and said I wish we knew about James when we were getting engaged (22 years ago). The ring Jim just did for me is the second re-set of my engagement diamond that I wear on my right hand since I wear a three diamond in plat on my left hand.

The ring is beautiful, she is going to love it. Many years of happiness to you both.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Perfection. Not much else to say about it
1.gif

I like yellow gold rings just as much as white gold - on other people. Don''t like how it looks on me though. I''m not a big fan of yellow gold bezel rings though - so I think this ring is absolutely perfect.

Lucky lucky lady!

brightblue

Rough_Rock
It is beautiful. Good luck with your proposal and looking forward to handshots!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Great ring! I''m sure your FF will love it!!!!
36.gif

reggie

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the nice comments.

I can’t wait for it to arrive in the mail. Hopefully this time next week I will be engaged unless I decide to wait for the big trip we have planned in three week. I really doubt I can keep this a secret for that long though. In any case, when we are engaged I’ll be sure to post some pictures of how it looks on her hand.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it came out great. JM''s look good in either color or two tone. Actually.... I don''t know which I like better.
It would be very hard to decide.

nice ice

Shiny_Rock
I love the ring! I love the stone. To me, either color would be delightful! It is simply gorgeous. Have fun
1.gif

reggie

Rough_Rock
sparklyforever – Jim sourced the cushion for me. He literally had it delivered to him from NY the day I picked it out from him. He says he goes there on occasion, hand picks the one he likes and then if needed sends them to EGL before having them shipped to his place in PA. That’s what happened in my case.

If he didn’t source the stone I would have had to wait a few months before he could have worked on the ring. I did have somewhat of a time constraint so that did come to play in my situation. I am glad it worked out the way it did and I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about the metal mix up, but I think this ring is just gorgeous in WG!!
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Simply stunning!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
reggie it looks beautiful and I am with the rest re the WG. Jims WG is not the same as any too- the antiqued and un-rhodiumed finish makes it unique.

I love my JM in yellow but thats with a bright red/pink gem.
I agree that if it were for a diamond I would have chosen a white metal.

Btw PSers are a very honest bunch and we don''t have to say anything
2.gif
you can trust us to tell it like it is; and this ring is a winner
30.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really lovely, and the stone looks very white. I can''t wait to see the handshots! The thing I love about JM is his unique style. Not the same old engagement ring styles that are out there, His rings will look as

good 30 years from now as today. Classic, yet unique. I''m sure your soon to be FI will love it! I agree with Uppy, it is a happy accident. Sometimes the best things happen that way! Many wishes to you both for a

happy life!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope she loves it! Great job!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
my jaw just hit my keyboard!!!

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
it looks stunning!!

(although you could say I am totally biased - I have a version of this ring from Jim - without the hidden diamonds in all wg with green gold trims!!)

so from my experience - I am sure she will adore it - and as everyone here says - Jim''s work is the stuff of heirlooms

well done and please do show us all the hand shots after the proposal

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

next you will have our issue - deciding upon what bands to get - we are stuck on which wedders to get Jim to make for us!!

ps: I lurve your friend from Notre too!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results