shape
carat
color
clarity

James Meyer questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I can''t get over how beautiful Coati''s & Rainydaze''s James Meyer bezel settings. I''m seriously considering resetting my grandmother''s OEC in that setting. I''d been considering a bezel setting anyway for safety, and that one is just gorgeous.

Coati & Rainy (and anyone else with a similar James Meyer setting), how comfortable is it to wear? It looks like the stone is set on the higher side. What do you think of the height? Does it spin? Do you bang it on things?

Rainy, does the bezel make the OEC look dark, or does height of the setting allow enough light to enter the stone from the side?

How comfortable are the "wrap" decorative elements on the sides? Are they scratchy--do they irritate your fingers? Do they maybe help prevent the ring from spinning, or are they just decoration?

Thanks so much for your help!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
I have that style being made in all platinum now and will be used as a RHR Check out the SMTR forum and look at the OEC James Meyer thread at the top. The most recent posts are answering some of your questions.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Beach!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi glitterata!
36.gif

i have only had mine a few days, but yes, unfortunately i have knocked it a few times. i do find it is high, and it does make me a little nervous. when i spoke with jim about this setting, i never even thought about the height, so it is entirely possible that it can be made lower, i just don''t know. dreamer_dachsie asked a coupla questions over in SMTR (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/paging-coati-butterbean-rainydaze.111351/) - in one of my answers i talked a little more about the height of the ring.

it doesn''t spin too much, to the side once in a while but never all the way around. i would say it stays in place very well, the spinning to the side seems to happen more when my hands are wet or some circumstance is causing it. i should add, i got mine a bit loose as i like rings looser vs. tighter. jim makes them with more plat/metal on the bottom to take the abuse the underside is subjected to from using your hand. this might also help with spinning, not sure.

i find it super comfortable to wear, no concerns there (and i am fussy about comfort, and pretty sensitive). the wraps are so tiny that i don''t feel or notice them at all. because they are so delicate, i don''t think they really have any effect on spinning, at least not for me. on my finger (size 6.25) they don''t end up between my fingers so it is a non-issue, and even when it is to the side i don''t notice them. i would classify them as just decoration (and i might add, i was surprised at the flattering effect they have, my mom commented on this too so i''m not crazy thinking such a small detail can do that!).

my biggest fear was that i would get the ring back and my diamond would have lost some of its fire and brilliance because of the bezel. going in, i didn''t have an IS or ASET so i didn''t know what to expect. it did not alter my diamond''s performance at all! however, i have no idea if that is a product of the diamond''s cut, or the setting being high and open from the side, or both. i have wondered if setting it lower to where i would have been more comfortable would have brought a different result, but without having that ring made to compare to, i couldn''t say. that part was, for me, a leap of faith... or hope. i did take storm''s suggestion and try to wrap a strip of dark construction paper around it to test it, but it was a bit awkward and i wasn''t patient enough to stick with it enough to get a better read.

i hope that helped!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Rainy, thank you so much for that long and thoughtful answer. That''s very helpful!

Your ring is so beautiful, the stone as well as the setting.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glitterata we posted similar questions on the same day! JM must be getting a lot of business from PS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results