shape
carat
color
clarity

James Meyer *bezel* reset has arrived!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m super late, but that is OUTSTANDING!!! Everything about it is perfect. Well done!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I am guilty of being late as well, however, your bezel is STUNNING!! This is the first bezel that I have seen incorporating classic elements so well (e.g., miligrain, split shank, etc). The diamond is fantastic as well!! I think I am going to be clicking back to your thread quite often to drool..

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Super late to the party but let me say: WOW! Coati this ring is amazing! Original yet classic. Congrats!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2008 9:37:00 AM
Author: coatimundi
Lorelei--can you see him peering down at me! haHA! Crazy Fatty
Oh bless that dear wee Fatty!!! What a great pic - thanks Coaties!!

30.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
my favorite ring. hands down. sublime.

thanks for sharing!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Been out of town, but better late than never! That is an awesome ring, but you''ve probably figured that out by now. I do love bezels, and I think this ring says why so well. Well designed, and beautiful from every angle. Beautiful simplicity, but still there is interest in the bezel and the band. Prongs seem so mechanical to me, but a bezel gets the job done with such grace and elegance.

Well done!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Back for another look-see (and drool over too)!

Coati, I just lurve your ring so much that I am having many thoughts about bezels lately (we have several projects in the works of different bezel variations)...

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2008 11:21:03 AM
Author: Fly Girl
Been out of town, but better late than never! That is an awesome ring, but you''ve probably figured that out by now. I do love bezels, and I think this ring says why so well. Well designed, and beautiful from every angle. Beautiful simplicity, but still there is interest in the bezel and the band. Prongs seem so mechanical to me, but a bezel gets the job done with such grace and elegance.

Well done!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thank you Fly Girl!! Bezels really do get the job done. I love wearing it!

Thanks Oct2008bride!

Thank you omieluv!

lesco--thank you!

Thank you lovelylulu! --I love your avatar--

Thanks again Grace! Bezels will be outstanding with your antique beauties. mmm high crowns!

heehee--glad you saw Fatty Miss Lorelei!
35.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolute perfection.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! He does great work and your ring looks perfect. I also own one of his pieces ( probably the only other person on PS) and was really impressed with the finished product.
P.S. Isn''t he a nice guy :)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2008 1:57:31 PM
Author: innerkitten
Beautiful! He does great work and your ring looks perfect. I also own one of his pieces ( probably the only other person on PS) and was really impressed with the finished product.

P.S. Isn''t he a nice guy :)

Thanks! I''ve seen your ring, and it''s lovely! I''d love to have a colored stone ring from him someday. He''s so nice and his work is really impressive.

Thanks Ebree!

He''s making our wedding bands too--should be done in a couple weeks. Very excited!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to come back and swoon...so perfect!

Cookie_tyme

Shiny_Rock
I have a ring made by one of Jamed Meyer''s competitors. It''s also a K diamond. But much smaller, lol! (.33) I love my little K stone. It''s ever so slightly warm.

Yours is amazing! Congratulations! You won''t be getting a band from James Meyer? Maybe you can get one from the designer I got mine from. Being in the same genre, you may see something you like. www.webgoldsmith.com (Marc Williams) Of course both of these designers do custom pieces. Also, just to be fair I must mention Ann McKay http://www.annmckaystudio.com/Wed/wednav2.html , who seems to have taken over James Meyers'' original shop, but I''m not totally sure... I just wish I lived closer to Williamsport!
30.gif

Here''s my little beauty from Marc Williams (webgoldsmith.com) It''s called Santa Anna.

Mermaid Ring.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 8:32:07 PM
Author: coatimundi
For LIB!
35.gif
Why thank you Coatimundi
2.gif
Your reset is absolute perfection!!

oneam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, that ring is gorgeous!
30.gif
I''ve never seen anything quite like it. Love the milgraining and the delicacy of the bezel. And a K? Really??? Amazing. Can''t wait to see it w/ a band (or 2). Enjoy it!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Coati- you have such great taste in jewelery!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks butterfly! You do too!
1.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Coatimundi, does your ring have an antique finish to it? Curiosity is getting the best of me... and I can''t stop staring at it!
2.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hey LIB! Whatup? and thanks!

Yes, there is an antique finish. Wonder if it''s similar to VC? I ordered bands for me and hubby a couple days ago--very excited.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hiya Coati! Hope you're having a good weekend and thanks for the info. VC usually does not antique white metals. VC is just an oddity I guess. Your finish I feel is exactly as it should be...subtle and adds nice interest and dept to those incredible details.

I'm quite excited to see your new wedding bands. Do you have a pic of the ones you ordered?
31.gif
4.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again, you! And you're welcome!
The finish is only on the bottom half of the shank--below the wraps. He oxidized the metal, and then polished away the oxidation--I really love the look, you can see the tiny brushstrokes in the metal. I should take better photos, so you can see!

I'll have to post the bands when I receive them, because they're not on his website--they're really simple with milgrain. I'm so happy that hubby wanted the milgrain!

and *ahem* I've spoken to Larry about a project.
9.gif

Nothing major--heehee!

hope you're having a great weekend too!
35.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, I''ll have to stay tuned!
31.gif
2.gif

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
Hello coatimundi

First things first - your ring is absolutely beautiful, in every single way possible. I must have looked at it 20 times already!

I have a real sense of how much you have fallen in love with your ring - and the smilies throughout the thread tell their story!

I came across James Meyer several weeks ago now, and also, felt like you...saw his pieces - and though ''that''s it'' So, I wrote to him. He is absolutely lovely in his responses, and gave me all the info I needed, even with me living all the way over here in the UK.

I''m not quite in a position to move on this ring yet however, as I want this to be my ''forever'' - and getting married ring set. Seeing yours, just has made me realise, I am quite prepared to wait that bit longer, and the end result will be all the more lovely for that.

I have a stone, a 1ct OEC, that I''m toying with using, but it''s fairly included, and I just am not sure. The stone has become ''mine'' though, and I love it, and it is firey, in all lights. But not ever having seen a much better quality old cut, I have no idea whether what I have could be vastly improved on? Well, I know it could, but not sure at what cost!

And now...someone has put another ingredient in the melting pot! Isn''t Marc Williams work so alike to James'' - both so so beautiful.

And coati - I also wondered something about James'' rings - the ''antiquing'' you mentioned. I thought that was there from the pictures on his website, but never thought to ask him - now it''s confirmed, and doesn''t it add a gorgeous dimension to the ring.

I''m seriously considering trying to look for a ''forever'' stone - and letting mine go - perhaps towards the new one - hard is it will be to let her go! For all her imperfections - she is lovely! And, to the eye - just the fire shows - it''s only under loupe or macro that her sassy nature shows in her little flaws!

Many congratulations coati - your ring is wonderful and beautiful - wear it in good health and happiness for always.

26.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your stunning reset
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That''s a nice ring.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea how I missed this thread..but Coati, I think that is the most beautiful setting I''ve EVER seen here on PS. WOW. Just wow.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2008 1:24:54 PM
Author: Elmorton
I have no idea how I missed this thread..but Coati, I think that is the most beautiful setting I've EVER seen here on PS. WOW. Just wow.

Thank you so much Elmorton! I love your EC!
30.gif

Thanks RisingSun!--I adore your ring!

Thanks Addy, oneam, and cookietyme!

Pwendyp--Thank you! Have you posted photos of your oec? I'd love to see it! James Meyer uses a lot of older cuts in his work--they look beautiful in his antique/architectural designs. Your stone sounds unique and lovely--I think an oec is the way to go if your going with JM. Someday, I'd like him to make me a pendant or earrings made with oecs. I think you're smart to wait for the setting you absolutely love.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
How gorgeous!! This ring is so beautiful and so very unique. It has a regal quality to me and also a subtly medieval look. It is a stunning work of art and looks fantastic on you! Congrats
36.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I already replied to this...but your ring is so amazing, I just keep coming back to look again and again!

Congrats Coati.......I love it!
30.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Wow this is so beautiful. It looks like an heirloom ring. It is just so elegant.
Really really lovely
36.gif
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results