shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen new Instant Consultation

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone used this before? I gave it a shot today and was actually really impressed.

The instant consultation opens a chat window. It connects you with a gemologist who can call you if you give a number, or chat within the window with you. They can compare up to three stones, mark up the stone image, and based on your preferences, search out other stones for you and offer their relative commentary on the spot.

While this doesn't equate to getting ASET/Idealscope images, or having the gemologist review in person and compare, it does allow you to discuss particular problem/question areas with a qualified person right away - I was noticing an asymmetry which I was able to point out to her and she was able to explain exactly what that would mean for the stone under different conditions.

The gemologist was able to show me a stone I hadn't considered previously that she liked better based on what I was telling her my preferences are (I wasn't looking at rounds - there is probably less value add here for a straight up round.) I also was able to get an immediate opinion on whether a stone was likely to be eye clean or not.

It's a neat tool. Has anyone else used it?

colavitasl

Rough_Rock
I just used the live chat on Friday! Bernardo was excellent and was able to tell me whether the stones I chose were eye clean or not and was able to comment on the color and how they would perform. Granted, it is based on his personal opinion but he is a trained gemologist and I think he gave me honest answers. I was able to request ASET images through the chat window and he even gave me his opinion on the setting I chose. So happy with the chat!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
kb1gra|1443468069|3932841 said:
Has anyone used this before? I gave it a shot today and was actually really impressed.

The instant consultation opens a chat window. It connects you with a gemologist who can call you if you give a number, or chat within the window with you. They can compare up to three stones, mark up the stone image, and based on your preferences, search out other stones for you and offer their relative commentary on the spot.

While this doesn't equate to getting ASET/Idealscope images, or having the gemologist review in person and compare, it does allow you to discuss particular problem/question areas with a qualified person right away - I was noticing an asymmetry which I was able to point out to her and she was able to explain exactly what that would mean for the stone under different conditions.

The gemologist was able to show me a stone I hadn't considered previously that she liked better based on what I was telling her my preferences are (I wasn't looking at rounds - there is probably less value add here for a straight up round.) I also was able to get an immediate opinion on whether a stone was likely to be eye clean or not.

It's a neat tool. Has anyone else used it?

At Pricescope we are constantly challenged by the issue of cheaper Virtual diamonds vs generally more expensive In-House diamonds.
This is an excellent example of the value added from real in-house stones.
Often virtuals are the cinderallas that really are ugly and no professionals and dealers who know what they are doing or has examined the diamond in person wants to buy them - so they sit there waiting for a bargain hunter who thinks he/she is cleverA and smarterA and can save a thousand bucks. And thats OK if all they want is a crappy 1ct stone.
So the good people who help other consumers pick nice ice here on Pricescope use these in-house stones - especially the ones with images - and they will cost more because of value adding images etc, but often they cost more because they are better.
Not all 1ct G VS2 diamonds are equal!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results