shape
carat
color
clarity

Jaded but Looking Forward Need Help

crans223

Rough_Rock
**Moved to this Forum - Accidentally Posted into Diamond Research**

So I bought a radiant star engagement ring from Helzberg, extremely happy and excited because it was supposed to sparkle like crazy, as it did when I looked at it in the store, and it was graded by IGI as Very Good for cut, despite it being a modified brilliant.

Well I took it home, and showed it to a couple friends, but the diamond just didn't have the sparkle or wow factor that I was expecting. I was let down and I thought it looked cloudy, which wasn't as apparent when I was shopping for it. I spent 6 hours with these two people and my friend at Helzberg so I guess I got lost in the assumed quality of the people and figured I was getting a good deal based on the specifications. Then again, my friend had also purchased his diamond from Helzberg so he may have been a little biased without knowing so (and I consider him an extremely intelligent and level headed person)

After a couple of people that I knew (one once worked as a jeweler a while ago, and another had a friend that was a jeweler) both came to me today and told me that I definitely got extremely ripped off and I should return the ring, thus confirming my already internal woes. I returned the ring and I am going to continue my search.

First, I wanted to see what your opinions could be on the price / specifications before I ask for the other help.

Specs:

Carat: 0.99
Color: i
Clarity: i1
Cut: Very Good (Modified Brilliant - Helzberg Radiant Star)
Six Prong Mount - 14k White Gold Band - Solitaire
IGI Certified

Approximate value (without careplan - tax and "discount) : $6,799.00 (They took 675 off)

Now:

I went to David Anthony's and the woman had no idea what I was talking about when I asked for what the cut of the diamond was, as she kept saying it was a round brilliant cut, but it didn't answer me on how well the light reflected off of it (Excellent, Very Good, Good, etc). Was I asking it wrong or was she just clueless? What I wanted to find out was whether the ring was ideal cut or not, and i didn't know how to ask.

That being said, I am shopping around and I have to make sure it is certified both for my own reassurance, but for insurance purposes. Are there any certifications that I shouldn't trust? I know GIA and AGS are preferred but not sure how the other ones scale up.

I am trying to stay away from the name brand and chain jewelers because this left a really bad taste in my mouth (and I assume a lot of you will confirm or deny if my deal was indeed a bad one). My only concern is how to know if I am going to be overpaying for a diamond, and what are the right questions / classifications I should have in mind with a certain budget to go in there and get what I'm looking for. My friend got his diamond loose which was 1.1 ct, VS1, F color, and Very Good Cut without a certification for $2,500 which makes me really worried as to why it was so cheap.

I currently have about $4k saved up in cash and am willing to put about $2-2.5k down onto a credit card for financing if need be. What should I be looking for in this budget range for a diamond above 1.0 ct that truly shines and that will wow my girlfriend when I propose without me feeling like it's cloudy and that she won't like it. The radiant star was supposed to really brilliantly shine but it left me really down and taken advantage of.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think others will soon post the same thing, but the most important thing is the cut quality. You want to shoot for ideal cut. Second, most people on this forum would not buy i clarity diamonds for an engagement ring. That means it has visible inclusions, which could have been what you were seeing when you said it looked "cloudy". So that means SI clarity and above. Third, color is a bit of a personal preference and also some people "see" color (really more a tint) than others (ie is your girlfriend sensitive to color?). Another thing to consider if you get an ideal cut, it will face up more colorless than not as well cut diamonds. Personally I think H and up are safe but others may have a different cutoff.
I would go into the knowledge section of this forum and read up on the different C's, especially for a round brilliant diamond what are the numbers you should be looking for. You can also look for an AGS ideal cut diamond, or a GIA graded "excellent" diamond (though you can always run the numbers through the HCA tool, to confirm).

I know, a lot of information. It sounds like since you do not want a fancy setting you can put most of the money towards the stone which is great and also makes it easier to purchase off the internet.

crans223

Rough_Rock
part gypsy|1429128283|3862458 said:
I think others will soon post the same thing, but the most important thing is the cut quality. You want to shoot for ideal cut. Second, most people on this forum would not buy i clarity diamonds for an engagement ring. That means it has visible inclusions, which could have been what you were seeing when you said it looked "cloudy". So that means SI clarity and above. Third, color is a bit of a personal preference and also some people "see" color (really more a tint) than others (ie is your girlfriend sensitive to color?). Another thing to consider if you get an ideal cut, it will face up more colorless than not as well cut diamonds. Personally I think H and up are safe but others may have a different cutoff.
I would go into the knowledge section of this forum and read up on the different C's, especially for a round brilliant diamond what are the numbers you should be looking for. You can also look for an AGS ideal cut diamond, or a GIA graded "excellent" diamond (though you can always run the numbers through the HCA tool, to confirm).

I know, a lot of information. It sounds like since you do not want a fancy setting you can put most of the money towards the stone which is great and also makes it easier to purchase off the internet.

Thank you for responding to me so quickly :) I really appreciate the help. Are "ideal" cut diamonds AGS specific whereas "excellent" cut diamonds are GIA specific in categorization? I see different things being explained on various websites and the resources so I wasn't sure to be exact.

I agree with you about the I clarity - when I bought it they were showing me another diamond that was Si1 and after all the back and forth, and my excitement about finally getting it, I guess I stupidly thought the ring I was getting was the Si1. I remember looking into it in the scope and it looked like the ring had a giant crack in the middle of it, which they said was because there were so many facets (leads me to believe the facets are a method that - although are supposed to make it shine more - but instead cover up the imperfections). When my friend came with me today to return it, he asked if they had any VS1's in store and they said no..oh boy.

I want the diamond to be near colorless, where the shine / brilliance won't be dulled down by the color or have a weird tinge to it that is visible to the naked eye. I am pretty traditional and want the diamond, itself, to stand out without anything else on the band to take away from it and I want it to be of nice size and shine that will make her happy, but won't put me in a huge amount of debt either. Is my price range reasonable for something 1 ct and above?

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Congratulate yourself! You figured out the chain jeweler scam before it did real damage, returned the diamond and got all your money back. You wasted a little time but probably learned a lot.

Noodle around these forums, especially the "Knowledge" tab above. After about a couple hours of reading you'll have all the tools to find an excellent diamond ring for $4k or less.

Read and ask questions.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it may be, especially if you don't mind running GIA excellents (that is their top grade) through the HCA to see where it falls. Some GIA excellents would not be considered AGS ideal. Also look at the photos, plots to make sure the clarity looks acceptable to you. I have a g diamond and a H diamond and they are both beautiful.

I looked and there are definitely 1 carat diamonds in the 5600-6K range (look under resources, diamond search). Then I would purchase a simple solitare setting to set off stone.

I'm sure others would also be willing to search for you as well!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I consider you very lucky...and you should thank the two people that informed you that you got ripped off.

Best GIA rating is Excellent but not all Excellents are the same. Some are much better than others.
Best AGS rating is IDEAL.

You can use the HCA tool to help you determine whether a stone is worth a further look or not. Stones that score 2 and
under are worth a further look.

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

We can point some out to you that fit in your budget (around 1 carat). "G/H" is a fairly middle of the road color for a well cut
stone (unless you are very sensitive to color) but maybe someone can find you a better color if you think you need it.

Here are a couple of nice H/VS2s
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.01-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-495969
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.01-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-373875

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Cranshinibon

I just wanted to give you a couple of comparisons.

James Allen has a .96 G I1. It's a GIA triple ex (which is absolutely NOT the last word in perfect stats, but better, I suspect, than the stone you had). It's listed as $3320. It's whiter than the one you had and, I suspect, your eye wouldn't be able to pick up any difference in size.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.96-carat-g-color-i1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-499117

Blue Nile has an I SI2 (they don't go as low as I1) with pretty good stats - GIA triple ex and, while not a stone I'd buy, the stats were not too bad. It's listed as $4042.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD04991442

So the long and the short of it is - yes - VERY overpriced, to a factor if 2, at least, I think.

But you've come to the right place! And I'm sure the folks here will help you find something that sparkles....and not just in the shop!

Good luck. :)

crans223

Rough_Rock
I think I'm honestly a big afraid to buy online since I won't be able to inspect the jewel in my hands, and see with my own eyes how light refracts. When I go to different places, I'm telling them I want them and however many people they need to show me the stone in the sunlight, to show the shine or else it's a no-deal. The ideal lighting makes almost everything look perfect, and that was my problem in this situation.

I definitely want a solitaire ring with a six prong Tiffany setting (white gold) and the slight color won't be an issue so long as it's got good clarity and is almost clear. My biggest points are obviously how well the stone shines and sparkles in regular lighting (sunlight) and how big it appears (which the six prong will help boost). I have been reading up on table size, depth, crown angle, star etc and they made my head spin. I know if a crown is around 60% it will allow me to have a ring that appears bigger for the money that I am able to dish out, without having to necessarily have the higher carat. But does the table / depth (in an ideal or excellent cut stone) have any direct effects on the fire and brilliance a stone lets off?

Essentially as of right now I'm looking at something along the lines of this:

1 - 1.2 carats (preferably closer to 1.2 ish area bc of the size, but willing to sacrifice a slight amount of size weight for the appearance of being bigger)

Round Brilliant Cut - Ideal (the resources section really sold me on this)
I-G in Color (willing to have a slight tinge in color so long as it isn't blatantly obvious to the average person looking at it
SI1-VS1 - This is where I went wrong the first time, and the VS1 seems like the top shelf of my price range, but I think I am willing to spend the money on a diamond of this clarity with the appropriate size that I'm looking for, and purchase the setting and ring separately.

I never thought I'd be able to spend 4k on a diamond and be done with it, so I may have to add some additional funding (like 800 bucks or so) to have the band purchased separately. I've noticed (for whatever reason) a lot of diamonds that are preset in stones have a don't buy me feel to them and seem almost too good to be true, so I may have to avoid them.

What factors of diamond specifications truly directly effect the fire and brilliance emitted from a stone that reflect regular sunlight? I assume this would be primarily the cut and the clarity, but I want to make sure i researched it correctly but still have little true knowledge on the tables and depth's effects on it

I was looking through the forums a bit more and saw another user's ring that looks pretty much exactly what I'm looking for and what I've imagined what I wanted the diamond to look alike, thought I don't think I could afford the same specs and share the same size carat. Just gotta say: @boredstiff you picked a fantastic ring man, congrats!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/boredstiff-got-his-ring.125398/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/boredstiff-got-his-ring.125398/[/URL]

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a bit confused...can you clarify?

cranshinibon|1429132144|3862503 said:
I think I'm honestly a big afraid to buy online since I won't be able to inspect the jewel in my hands, and see with my own eyes how light refracts. When I go to different places, I'm telling them I want them and however many people they need to show me the stone in the sunlight, to show the shine or else it's a no-deal. The ideal lighting makes almost everything look perfect, and that was my problem in this situation.

I definitely want a solitaire ring with a six prong Tiffany setting (white gold) and the slight color won't be an issue so long as it's got good clarity and is almost clear. My biggest points are obviously how well the stone shines and sparkles in regular lighting (sunlight) and how big it appears (which the six prong will help boost). I have been reading up on table size, depth, crown angle, star etc and they made my head spin. I know if a crown is around 60% I think you mean table? it will allow me to have a ring that appears bigger for the money that I am able to dish out, without having to necessarily have the higher carat. But does the table / depth (in an ideal or excellent cut stone) have any direct effects on the fire and brilliance a stone lets off? They all have to work together...crown and pavilion angles, and table and depth.

1 - 1.2 carats (preferably closer to 1.2 ish area bc of the size, but willing to sacrifice a slight amount of size weight for the appearance of being bigger)

I-G in Color (willing to have a slight tinge in color so long as it isn't blatantly obvious to the average person looking at it
SI1-VS1 - This is where I went wrong the first time, and the VS1 seems like the top shelf of my price range, but I think I am willing to spend the money on a diamond of this clarity with the appropriate size that I'm looking for, and purchase the setting and ring separately.

I never thought I'd be able to spend 4k on a diamond and be done with it, so I may have to add some additional funding (like 800 bucks or so) to have the band purchased separately. I've noticed (for whatever reason) a lot of diamonds that are preset in stones have a don't buy me feel to them and seem almost too good to be true, so I may have to avoid them.I thought your budget for the stone
was $4k + $2.5k?

What factors of diamond specifications truly directly effect the fire and brilliance emitted from a stone that reflect regular sunlight? I assume this would be primarily the cut and the clarity, but I want to make sure i researched it correctly but still have little true knowledge on the tables and depth's effects on it. Yes, mainly cut but if the clarity is really bad it could have an affect on the
light return.

I was looking through the forums a bit more and saw another user's ring that looks pretty much exactly what I'm looking for and what I've imagined what I wanted the diamond to look alike, thought I don't think I could afford the same specs and share the same size carat. Just gotta say: @boredstiff you picked a fantastic ring man, congrats!You can probably get that stone in an "I" color for
$6500ish + setting.

Can you give us your budget for the stone only?
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/boredstiff-got-his-ring.125398/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/boredstiff-got-his-ring.125398/[/URL]

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
cranshinibon|1429132144|3862503 said:

I definitely want a solitaire ring with a six prong Tiffany setting (white gold) and the slight color won't be an issue so long as it's got good clarity and is almost clear. My biggest points are obviously how well the stone shines and sparkles in regular lighting (sunlight) and how big it appears (which the six prong will help boost). I have been reading up on table size, depth, crown angle, star etc and they made my head spin. I know if a crown is around 60% it will allow me to have a ring that appears bigger for the money that I am able to dish out, without having to necessarily have the higher carat. But does the table / depth (in an ideal or excellent cut stone) have any direct effects on the fire and brilliance a stone lets off?

I never thought I'd be able to spend 4k on a diamond and be done with it, so I may have to add some additional funding (like 800 bucks or so) to have the band purchased separately. I've noticed (for whatever reason) a lot of diamonds that are preset in stones have a don't buy me feel to them and seem almost too good to be true, so I may have to avoid them.

What factors of diamond specifications truly directly effect the fire and brilliance emitted from a stone that reflect regular sunlight? I assume this would be primarily the cut and the clarity, but I want to make sure i researched it correctly but still have little true knowledge on the tables and depth's effects on it

I was looking through the forums a bit more and saw another user's ring that looks pretty much exactly what I'm looking for and what I've imagined what I wanted the diamond to look alike, thought I don't think I could afford the same specs and share the same size carat. Just gotta say: @boredstiff you picked a fantastic ring man, congrats!

So, I looked at the thread you linked.

Start with the setting - not positive this is the one, but should meet your criteria ($325)
Six-Prong Solitaire - 14k Gold
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/six-prong-solitaire-14k-white-gold-5351w14

Here is a stone that is almost identical to the post you had linked:
1.21ct, I, VS2 ($9440)
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.211-i-vs2-round-diamond-ags-104074030054

So, total, to get the ring in the thread you posted, it would be about $10k.

If you want to come in at $4k for the diamond, you can go with the same setting and this stone:
.82ct, H, SI1 ($4k wire price)
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.820-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-104075326001

If your budget comes to $6k for the stone, you can go with the same setting and this stone:
.924ct, H, SI1 ($6k wire price)
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.924-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-104077663011

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
What city do you live in or live near? I also like taking a look at diamonds/settings in person before making a big purchase. Finding a reputable dealer who can source stones you can look at in person will help you a lot.

The purely online transactions with reputable vendors are SAFE. But if you return a stone there will be some hassle and expense (Fedex fees, maybe?). And it's definitely easier to evaluate settings in person. Pictures on a monitor don't convey the weight or feel or grace of a ring setting.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brian Gavin has a 1 carat I stone in what I think is your budget. $6497...it's where boredstiff got his ring.
For some reason I cant paste right now but I'll type in the link to BGD.

www.briangavindiamonds.com

Their Tiffany solitaire is $850.

I see that RockyRaccoon has pointed you in the right direction but I'll post this anyway.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He said budget is $4k and he'll put half down (I think) - so that's the budget to shoot for, unless I misunderstood.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
motownmama|1429138377|3862532 said:
He said budget is $4k and he'll put half down (I think) - so that's the budget to shoot for, unless I misunderstood.

How I read it was that he had $4k saved and was willing to put $2-$2.5k on his credit card.

The price on his original stone was about $6100. Then he said something about $4k later so that is why I am really
confused about the budget. :twirl:

crans223

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1429138871|3862534 said:
motownmama|1429138377|3862532 said:

How I read it was that he had $4k saved and was willing to put $2-$2.5k on his credit card.

The price on his original stone was about $6100. Then he said something about $4k later so that is why I am really
confused about the budget. :twirl:

Lol i realize my wording was definitely misleading. I am willing to spend $4k cash and put 2-2.5k on my card (was originally for the diamond+setting) but after seeing that what I'm looking for may cost more, I'm willing to pay 4+2-2.5k for the diamond alone and I'll add additional funding for the setting and band which will stay outside of my budget for the stone, itself. I wasn't sure exactly how much it would cost to buy a white gold six prong tiffany setting for a solitaire but i guesstimated about $800

crans223

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1429133167|3862511 said:
I'm a bit confused...can you clarify?

I have been reading up on table size, depth, crown angle, star etc and they made my head spin. I know if a crown is around 60% I think you mean table? it will allow me to have a ring that appears bigger for the money that I am able to dish out, without having to necessarily have the higher carat. But does the table / depth (in an ideal or excellent cut stone) have any direct effects on the fire and brilliance a stone lets off? They all have to work together...crown and pavilion angles, and table and depth.

Yes sorry lol I was listening to a video online and they must have said crown when I was typing and i typed it instead of table lol. I was just curious if it was possible to have an ideal cut diamond with a 60% table that can be what I'm looking for. I'm not sure how hard it would be to find these, or what the other proportions should be around in order to avoid loss of quality of the look of the diamond. The 60% table (from what i read in the resources) will help me achieve the look of a larger diamond (perhaps make it look like a 1.2 when I buy a 1 or a 1.1) for something within my price range

I never thought I'd be able to spend 4k on a diamond and be done with it, so I may have to add some additional funding (like 800 bucks or so) to have the band purchased separately. I've noticed (for whatever reason) a lot of diamonds that are preset in stones have a don't buy me feel to them and seem almost too good to be true, so I may have to avoid them.I thought your budget for the stone
was $4k + $2.5k?

Oh lol, I was kind of rambling here. I saved up $4k cash so I never expected to pay that for the diamond so my price range is the 4+2-2.5k for the diamond. I was going off of my friend saying he got his loose diamond (1.1ct, G color, VS1, Very Good Cut for $2,500 w/o a cert), but I need to have the cert so I never thought I'd get my diamond in the range he got it for, because it seems a little odd for the price.

What factors of diamond specifications truly directly effect the fire and brilliance emitted from a stone that reflect regular sunlight? I assume this would be primarily the cut and the clarity, but I want to make sure i researched it correctly but still have little true knowledge on the tables and depth's effects on it. Yes, mainly cut but if the clarity is really bad it could have an affect on the
light return.

Perfect, that's what i thought thank you! :) So I'm in good standing for having my specifications being ideal cut with a vsi1 to si1 range.

Can you give us your budget for the stone only?

Original budget was $4k cash +2-2.5k on card for the whole ring but now I am considering (for the right diamond) paying that just for the diamond

crans223

Rough_Rock
danielxlin|1429133858|3862515 said:
What city do you live in or live near? I also like taking a look at diamonds/settings in person before making a big purchase. Finding a reputable dealer who can source stones you can look at in person will help you a lot.

The purely online transactions with reputable vendors are SAFE. But if you return a stone there will be some hassle and expense (Fedex fees, maybe?). And it's definitely easier to evaluate settings in person. Pictures on a monitor don't convey the weight or feel or grace of a ring setting.

I live in North NJ, which is about 45 minutes from NYC, the only problem I have with NYC is the stress of having said diamond on me and having to travel all the way home with it lol.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The nice thing about buying on-line is that your options are almost endless compared to buying in a B&M where you pretty
much just get the option of buying what they have in shop or what they order in (not saying that they cant order what you want).
The online PS vendors do have good return options so you can receive the stone/ring and play with it for a couple of weeks
and decide whether you like it or not. If you dont, return it.

There are also some PS vendors in NY. Good Old Gold is on long Island and ID Jewelry on-line is in New York. You can let them
know you are coming, let them know you are a PS member, and have them bring some stones in for you.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1429183645|3862774 said:
The nice thing about buying on-line is that your options are almost endless compared to buying in a B&M where you pretty
much just get the option of buying what they have in shop or what they order in (not saying that they cant order what you want).
The online PS vendors do have good return options so you can receive the stone/ring and play with it for a couple of weeks

There are also some PS vendors in NY. Good Old Gold is on long Island and ID Jewelry on-line is in New York. You can let them
know you are coming, let them know you are a PS member, and have them bring some stones in for you.

great idea! The OP is lucky to be close to these vendors.
[I always wish there were some way to really explain how great online diamond buying is. I'll admit, coming in as a newbie it can seem scary, but once you realize how safe it is and that people here spend tens of thousands online with absolutely no qualms it becomes the logical choice]. But being so close to those vendors?? How I wish : )

crans223

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1429183645|3862774 said:

That's so funny you said that! I was online looking at video tutorials on differences between cut, color, flourescence and clarity levels and they have a youtube channel that shows it in depth - The guy even goes outside in the sunlight to show you what it looks like in the video, which was a HUGE bonus. I was planning on going up to LI to look at places to rent for the weekend I do it so I will definitely have to stop by now that you mentioned them.

The fact I can look them up online and ask them to pull those aside for me to see is something I never imagined I could do so I will definitely contact both of them.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Old gold has lots of videos that can show you color and the difference between a well cut stone and a not so well cut stone.
Lots to learn...

www.goodoldgold.com

videos...if you look on the right hand side (scroll down) you will see some of the different videos. This should get you started.
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamondcolorimeter.html

crans223

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1429190871|3862864 said:
Good Old gold has lots of videos that can show you color and the difference between a well cut stone and a not so well cut stone.
Lots to learn...

www.goodoldgold.com

videos...if you look on the right hand side (scroll down) you will see some of the different videos. This should get you started.
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamondcolorimeter.html

I was on their site but I'm noticing that the prices are strictly for hearts and arrow diamonds only when I do the search. I also noticed there are no VS1 or VS2 in the price range, while on other sites there are. Is this because of their cost being of premium only or because other diamonds may just be worse in quality that are priced lower for VS clarity.

For speculation purposes: Would me trying to find a VS1 or VS2 in my price range and specifications realistically find me anything that I'm looking for? And does the difference between VS1 / VS2 make a huge difference to the naked eye than a SI1?

I am doing some research now on fluorescence and ideal vs h&a vs solasfera diamonds and trying to find which one scinillates with regular lighting the best for my budget. I'm going to CR Jeweler's in Elizabeth, NJ today, so hopefully I can get an idea on what they have and bring it back to see what you guys think of the deal.

crans223

Rough_Rock
misa1214|1429135978|3862525 said:
How about this 1.11 ct I VS1 (HCA 1.6)?

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-5098702...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

My boyfriend and I were weary buying from an online vendor stone unseen, but we decided on a 1.2 CT K VS2 (gia 3X #1199099777) from B2C a couple weeks ago and it's incredible. Faces up white, eye clean and it sparkles like crazy!!!

That diamond looks great based on the specs, but it's a shame they don't have a real picture or that I can't see it in person. Being a newbie, I definitely want to see it in person first and foremost because I want to see how it pairs up to my expectations for the shine and sparkle it has in the sunlight. I'm looking to do the big question at sunset so I really want to make sure it will sparkle at that time as well as during the day.

crans223

Rough_Rock
RockyRacoon|1429133483|3862513 said:
If your budget comes to $6k for the stone, you can go with the same setting and this stone:
.924ct, H, SI1 ($6k wire price)
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.924-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-104077663011

Of the links this one seems closest to my specs,but seems to be lacking in the carat size. Just curious but are the signature diamonds from his site much different from the others that they sell? I found a few around 1.1-1.19 that are in the same price range but have similar, if not slightly better specs on the sight.

Sorry about getting back to you so late, I wanted to take the time to look at the websites rather than just glimpsing over them. Thanks again for the assistance

crans223

Rough_Rock
Since I'm going to CR today with my friend to take a quick look around, I saw two that seemed to catch my eye (based on specs since I'm pre-shopping online)

What do you guys think of these two:

http://configuratorsnew.crdesignbuilder.com/configurator/var/apps/engagementring/Diamond.aspx?action=VIEW&diamondid=17513232

Carat: 1.14
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Cut: Excellent
Depth: 62.7
Table: 56
Polish / Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Medium - Slightly Thick
Cutlet: None
Fluorescence: Strong
Measurements: 6.66 x 6.68 x 4.18
Graded: GIA

Price: $5,980.07

Second One:
http://configuratorsnew.crdesignbuilder.com/configurator/var/apps/engagementring/Diamond.aspx?action=VIEW&diamondid=17466441

Carat: 1.11
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Cut: Excellent
Depth: 61.4
Table: 57
Polish / Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Medium - Slightly Thick
Cutlet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.62x6.66x4.08
Graded: GIA

Price: $6,538.46

I'm not sure what they mean by they are made to order products, but I wanted to see what you guys thought of diamonds I'm looking at and see how my research has been paying off. Please be critical lol

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Oh no, not another mall jeweler! Repeating the same mistake.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results