shape
carat
color
clarity

J/si2 diamond

Kimbo1213

Rough_Rock
Hi, I’m reposting this here to see if I could get your opinions

I tried on some rings and I am really leaning towards something a bit bigger (around 7mm width). I was wondering what you guys thought of this diamond?

maybe it’s obvious but do you think the inclusions would be noticeable?

I ask because I saw some j + si2 in person that looked pretty goood (no noticeable warmth or inclusions to my eyes). The color in the video looks ok to me...

there is the feather.. but don’t know how much its noticeable when the marks are white instead of black?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really don't like the cut of this one. It has steep pav and crown angles, which isn't my personal preference.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Agree w/PP. The angles are not complimentary. Also, the photo is a sample and not the actual diamond, so there is no way of even having any idea how the inclusion will appear.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree w/PP. The angles are not complimentary. Also, the photo is a sample and not the actual diamond, so there is no way of even having any idea how the inclusion will appear.

the video is of the actual stone and it doesn't look good.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
vid wouldn’t open on my des but it did on my iPad. Agreed. Not a good looking diamond both spec wise and clarity wise.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t like that one. :-/. I looked around & you’ll need to increase your budget quite a bit to get to the 7mm mark. Would you be interested in a halo, bezel, faux bezel style ring to oomph out the 1st stone you posted?

Kaycee, I couldn’t open the video either on my iPhone & ipad. Opened on my Mac though.

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
I agree I would pass.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ask Yadev about the internal graining. It looks pretty apparent in the video. Doesn’t say anything under the comments but double check if that will be noticeable. For me, knots would automatically eliminate the stone from consideration. However, it’s on the pavillion & if you set the stone in a basket should be protected well enough.

Is increasing your budget possible?
Here is a pic of my pendant, it’s in what I would call a faux bezel. Would oomph a smaller stone pretty well.
1C3CAE01-E3D8-4797-A287-5BE787DA085A.jpeg
Stones are: G -1.50 with 2 x H- .55’s.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have choices if a diamond halo or bezel isn’t your style.
Metal halo:

Or

Or this one which I really like. I think a good bench can refine the prongs.

** I didn’t choose a metal. Just showing you the styles avail.

For shanks less than 2mm, consider platinum.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
the picture of the diamond does not appealing to me. keep looking!

Kimbo1213

Rough_Rock
You have choices if a diamond halo or bezel isn’t your style.
Metal halo:

Or

Or this one which I really like. I think a good bench can refine the prongs.

** I didn’t choose a metal. Just showing you the styles avail.

For shanks less than 2mm, consider platinum.

Thanks so much for ur recommendations :) but I am so in love with a simple solitaire setting :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results