shape
carat
color
clarity

J. L. White Gemstones are up!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Just got a peek at the new offerings, very nice, lots to love there!

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
5.15 CC Spinel
30.gif

The unheated Blue Saph is fabulous...at a price.

Value for money I think that golden Beryl is where it''s at Lovely stone and the peridot is intersting.

Shame I blew all my cash on an aquarium
39.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, aren''t they gorgeous!!! I love the Pad!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh....

The one time it comes up while I am home and I have to sit on the sidelines (but I love this new mac I am typing on).

I love the pad....that is my dream stone...and I can''t afford it...I hope it goes to a good home.

I am sure someone will snatch that tourmaline up soon, it is a beauty.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That Spinel is gorgeous!!!!!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s the best way to get "dibs" on something? Emailing back (is it first come first served) or calling in the morning?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I want to say e-mail (I hope so anyway, because I just e-mailed - darn that I was reading PS threads and didn''t check my e-mail sooner!) but I''m guessing
1.gif

There are some gorgeous pieces...I would LOVE that golden beryl, but unfortunately, with holiday season and buying gifts, out of my price range.

And the sapphire.... yum!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
SWOON!!!

I think I''m in love with the CC Spinel... and the Pad, which neither are even close to affordable for me right now.
7.gif

Someone snatch up the Blue-Green Tourmaline ASAP please. That''s just too tempting!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to be having seafoam tourmaline dreams. Drool...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 1:32:38 AM
Author: Linda W
Too grey for me. The peridot too olive.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Am I missing something? How do some of you know the prices for some of the new stones?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
You join his mailing list.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, thanks Linda.
1.gif

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 3:37:33 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

It''s a 5ct colour change spinel. I can forgive a little grey
10.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone pick up the 6mm blue-green tourmaline? Love that color!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think brown eyed girl did, didn''t she?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Doh! Just went back and saw that on the other thread! Yay for BEG! I''m glad all these beauties are going to good homes!
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 6:52:10 PM
Author: Pieface

It's a 5ct colour change spinel. I can forgive a little grey
10.gif
I wouldn't call that a little grey, and it's pricey. I'm not a lover of spinels though. It seems to be difficult to find them without extinction or grey undertones. I've seen iolites that color. The sapphires seem much nicer as far as the blue is concerned.

The tourmalines are pretty though, and the sapphires are very nice. Doesn't he sell anything in the affordable range more often, or is everything he sells pretty much way over a thousand dollars? I think the price he has on that olive green peridot is a bit pricey. I just like to be realistic. I don't mind paying the price if the stone is truly worth that price. I sometimes think there is a huge premium for the cutting.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 7:17:23 PM
Date: 12/11/2008 6:52:10 PM

Author: Pieface

It''s a 5ct colour change spinel. I can forgive a little grey
10.gif

I wouldn''t call that a little grey, and it''s pricey. I''m not a lover of spinels though. It seems to be difficult to find them without extinction or grey undertones. I''ve seen iolites that color. The sapphires seem much nicer as far as the blue is concerned.

The tourmalines are pretty though, and the sapphires are very nice. Doesn''t he sell anything in the affordable range more often, or is everything he sells pretty much way over a thousand dollars? I think the price he has on that olive green peridot is a bit pricey. I just like to be realistic. I don''t mind paying the price if the stone is truly worth that price. I sometimes think there is a huge premium for the cutting.

His prices are very reasonable!!!! Especially for the padparadscha, superior cutting and NO window. Jeff is The Man, as far as cutting and quality goes and you can''t beat his prices.

The Natural Sapphire Company had heated Pads that were twice the price, as the one I am getting. Also, they were cut poorly.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 7:33:07 PM

His prices are very reasonable!!!! Especially for the padparadscha, superior cutting and NO window. Jeff is The Man, as far as cutting and quality goes and you can''t beat his prices.

The Natural Sapphire Company had heated Pads that were twice the price, as the one I am getting. Also, they were cut poorly.

Yup, I agree. With Jeff White, you get what you pay for. I like his diversity in color--not every gem is "textbook trade top color" nor does it have to be--to be valuable, rare, and lovely. Fine color is up to the individual--that''s what''s so great about gems--there''s something for everyone, and I think he taps into that. And with colored stones, price is variable--that''s life.

Now, did anyone get the 10+ carat blue-green tourmaline? hmmm? hmmmm?
9.gif

jeffwhitetourmaline10.20.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m tempted to get the CC spinel but wonder how much grey it truly has.
17.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 8:40:06 PM
Author: coatimundi

His prices are very reasonable!!!! Especially for the padparadscha, superior cutting and NO window. Jeff is The Man, as far as cutting and quality goes and you can't beat his prices.

Yup, I agree. With Jeff White, you get what you pay for. I like his diversity in color--not every gem is 'textbook trade top color' nor does it have to be--to be valuable, rare, and lovely. Fine color is up to the individual--that's what's so great about gems--there's something for everyone, and I think he taps into that. And with colored stones, price is variable--that's life.

9.gif
I hate to say this because I will probably get trampled on, and so it's just an opinion, and others may love this stone, but it doesn't seem very saturated to me, albeit pricey. I also see grey (I bet you all think I'm color blind)
emembarrassed.gif
Please don't kill me!! I like the small cushion tourmaline color better and congrats whomever got it!!
emteeth.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yup, I agree. With Jeff White, you get what you pay for. I like his diversity in color--not every gem is ''textbook trade top color'' nor does it have to be--to be valuable, rare, and lovely. Fine color is up to the individual--that''s what''s so great about gems--there''s something for everyone, and I think he taps into that. And with colored stones, price is variable--that''s life.

9.gif

Coati, I think that tourmaline has your name on it
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 8:57:58 PM
Author: Chrono
I''m tempted to get the CC spinel but wonder how much grey it truly has.
17.gif

Chrono, I am sure you can have Jeff send it to you. Didn''t Freke have a sapphire she didn''t care for and sent it back??

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My biggest question is whether it''s still available for sale!
9.gif

That 10ct tourmaline has a very pleasant colour. For a very large stone, yes, the saturation is light. However, it has less of a green tone than the smaller one. If only it had the same saturation, I''d be all over it.
11.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 9:22:37 PM

Yup, I agree. With Jeff White, you get what you pay for. I like his diversity in color--not every gem is ''textbook trade top color'' nor does it have to be--to be valuable, rare, and lovely. Fine color is up to the individual--that''s what''s so great about gems--there''s something for everyone, and I think he taps into that. And with colored stones, price is variable--that''s life.

9.gif

9.gif

Oh I really wish! ...but I can''t
39.gif
(it would look good hanging out with your pad--they could hang out and drink Margaritas)

I loved the 6ishmm one so much too, but I''m glad BEG got it.
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 9:26:20 PM
9.gif

That 10ct tourmaline has a very pleasant colour. For a very large stone, yes, the saturation is light. However, it has less of a green tone than the smaller one. If only it had the same saturation, I''d be all over it.
11.gif

Chrono, email Jeff asap. He will get back to you tonight.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 9:27:33 PM
Date: 12/11/2008 9:22:37 PM

9.gif

9.gif

Oh I really wish! ...but I can''t
39.gif
(it would look good hanging out with your pad--they could hang out and drink Margaritas)

I loved the 6ishmm one so much too, but I''m glad BEG got it.
1.gif

Ha ha ha ha ha Coati, you are too funny, "hang out and drink margaritas"

margarita.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 9:27:53 PM

Date: 12/11/2008 9:26:20 PM
9.gif

11.gif

Chrono, email Jeff asap. He will get back to you tonight.
Already done, but no reply yet. I called him too but got his answering machine instead.
8.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh poo, here ya go Coati.
margarita.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results