shape
carat
color
clarity

J diamond set in platinum?

tlcx12

Rough_Rock
Hello all! I am currently looking at a radiant J VS2 that I would like to set in platinum. I am hesitant because I do not want to enhance the warm tones that are inevitable in a J. Does anyone have a J any shape set in platinum? Thank you in advance!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many people here have ideal cut rounds set in platinum. But usually their cut will help obscure the color somewhat due to the excellent light return. Many people have lower color OEC's in platinum, as well. In a radiant and some other fancy cuts, it's possible that there will be more tint showing just due to the way they are cut (especially the crushed ice kind). Do you see yellowish tint face up in the stone?

(Incidentally, questions about stones and settings go in Rocky Talky. This forum is to show off new jewelry pieces.)

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
If you click on my name, my old engagement ring is a 2ct J radiant in white gold. I loved it and didn’t think it pulled yellow at all! GIA cert, no fluorescence.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Mine in my profile picture is a J set in platinum. I love it!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Avatar ring is a J colored diamond with strong blue flour. I also have an N OEC in white gold. I love the combination of white metal with warm colored diamonds much more than yellow gold.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Hello all! I am currently looking at a radiant J VS2 that I would like to set in platinum. I am hesitant because I do not want to enhance the warm tones that are inevitable in a J. Does anyone have a J any shape set in platinum? Thank you in advance!!

I looked at a lot of warmer diamonds recently and played around with different settings - from what I saw, any white metal will make the stone look whiter than a yellow or rose gold setting!

tlcx12

Rough_Rock
Many people here have ideal cut rounds set in platinum. But usually their cut will help obscure the color somewhat due to the excellent light return. Many people have lower color OEC's in platinum, as well. In a radiant and some other fancy cuts, it's possible that there will be more tint showing just due to the way they are cut (especially the crushed ice kind). Do you see yellowish tint face up in the stone?

(Incidentally, questions about stones and settings go in Rocky Talky. This forum is to show off new jewelry pieces.)

Thank you for the reply and I am sorry about posting in wrong place! Newbie here. Can a. moderator move the thread?

tlcx12

Rough_Rock
I looked at a lot of warmer diamonds recently and played around with different settings - from what I saw, any white metal will make the stone look whiter than a yellow or rose gold setting!
My Avatar ring is a J colored diamond with strong blue flour. I also have an N OEC in white gold. I love the combination of white metal with warm colored diamonds much more than yellow gold.

Such beautiful rings and examples! Thank you very much. I think I may pull the trigger!

tlcx12

Rough_Rock

That was my thought as well. Thank you!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!:kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the reply and I am sorry about posting in wrong place! Newbie here. Can a. moderator move the thread?

That's quite alright! We were all new once! I am not sure you need to move it at this point, but for future reference, if you ever need to move a post, you click the Report Concern tab on your very first post and just ask the moderator to please move the post to whatever the correct forum is.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Here’s another J in platinum. Outdoor and indoor:
8AECCD8A-AD81-4A45-BAC6-4D4D705763B4.jpeg

Attachments

• 8247CB00-0CF4-4C5A-BE4B-F4A8D89669F3.jpeg
    8247CB00-0CF4-4C5A-BE4B-F4A8D89669F3.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 18
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results