shape
carat
color
clarity

J Color Stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rickybobby

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have an opinion on a J colored diamond? I have been told it was a "harshly" graded and is more likely an H. I''m buying it online, and I''ve seen pictures next to an H color and it looks about the same. Thouhts? I''m really nervous to buy it online wihtout seeing it - especially since it''s a J.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well first, who graded it? And how did the jeweler go about deciding it was "graded harshly"?

Lots of people have, and love J colored stones. If it is graded by a reputable lab, and cut well, I doubt it will be a problem.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 4:13:54 PM
Author: Ellen
Well first, who graded it? And how did the jeweler go about deciding it was ''graded harshly''?

Lots of people have, and love J colored stones. If it is graded reputably, and cut well, I doubt it will be a problem.
Ditto.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 4:14:34 PM
Author: Lorelei

Well first, who graded it? And how did the jeweler go about deciding it was ''graded harshly''?

Lots of people have, and love J colored stones. If it is graded reputably, and cut well, I doubt it will be a problem.
Ditto.
lol Dang, yer fast!
9.gif
I edited, cuz I don''t fink "reputably" is a real word....

Rickybobby

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. It''s GIA graded. I''ve been assured it''s a good stone - pics look legit.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 4:16:28 PM

Ditto.
lol Dang, yer fast!
9.gif
I edited, cuz I don''t fink ''reputably'' is a real word....
9.gif
You have me finking now.... Maybe it is....
34.gif

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock

Ditto.
lol Dang, yer fast!
9.gif
threadhighjack.gif
And this has slowed you down, when?!?!?

(Love your posts, Ellen. And the two of you together keep me in stitches very often)

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I own a J Cushion. I was warned against it, but it didn''t bother me at all. I love it, and no jewler that has seen it thought it was a J before I told them. Honestly there are so few times that your stone will be next to antother one to be judged, so you won''t care after it''s set. If it''s a respected dealer you have nothing to worry about.
Be sure to post pics when you get it!
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 4:31:18 PM
Author: jet2ks

Ditto.
lol Dang, yer fast!
9.gif
threadhighjack.gif

(Love your posts, Ellen. And the two of you together keep me in stitches very often)
lol.gif
Too shay!
9.gif
And thank you, we''ll be here all week.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 4:18:19 PM
Author: Rickybobby
Thanks everyone. It''s GIA graded. I''ve been assured it''s a good stone - pics look legit.
Good deal!
emthup.gif

Rickybobby

Rough_Rock
I''m trying to post a pic, but the uploading feature is giving me problems...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 4:44:35 PM

Date: 3/5/2009 4:31:18 PM
Author: jet2ks

Ditto.
lol Dang, yer fast!
9.gif
threadhighjack.gif

lol.gif
Too shay!
9.gif
And thank you, we''ll be here all week.
2.gif
thismuchistrue.gif

Disco_Fever_Dance_Inferno.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 4:46:06 PM
Make the filename unique and don''t use any unusual characters, if that doesn''t work then email the image to admin and they will post it for you.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 4:49:05 PM

Date: 3/5/2009 4:46:06 PM
Make the filename unique and don''t use any unusual characters, if that doesn''t work then email the image to admin and they will post it for you.
A great way to keep the file name unique is to use your username followed by a number or description i.e. Rickybobby1 or RickybobbyJstone

Rickybobby

Rough_Rock
I''m trying....should be up shortly...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I happen to like the lower graded stones. I hope you can post a pic soon.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I own an I/J GIA graded cushion. Its cut really well and faces up nice and white. The only time I''ve ever taken notice of the "warmth" of my stone is when its next to a D or E stone. You bet I''ll be making sure that the diamonds in my WB are H/I/J color graded!

Link to my SMTR Thread for Reference

Rickybobby

Rough_Rock
Here it is. 2.01 c, J color.

rickybobby5999.JPG

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
My eyes are playing tricks on me... Is it a cushion?

Rickybobby

Rough_Rock
Yes, cushion, J, VS2, 2 carat.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Those are the same stats of my stone. I am very happy with it! Have you looked at the 2 types of cushions in person yet?

Rickybobby

Rough_Rock
Yes - I''ve seen both the modified and regular. This is a regular (not the crushed ice). I like the regular more...you?

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the chunky, that''s what I have. That doesn''t look all that chunky to me. When I was looking I came across quite a few stones that claimed to be chunky but were really somewhere in the middle. That looks like the middle to me. I''m nbot at all saying it''s not beautiful, bc it really is. Just make sure it is exactly what you think it is.

Rickybobby

Rough_Rock
Thanks. The GIA lists it as "Cushion Brilliant" which is the chunky kind...I''ll have to take a good look at it when I get it. thanks.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 5:30:09 PM
Author: CrookedRock
Have you looked at the 2 types of cushions in person yet?

There are many more than 2 types...

RB While it is true that a CB isn't crushed ice, they can have many different plots/looks and still be called a CB, so make sure it is one you love.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 5:40:09 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 3/5/2009 5:30:09 PM
Author: CrookedRock
Have you looked at the 2 types of cushions in person yet?

There are many more than 2 types...

RB While it is true that a CB isn''t crushed ice, they can have many different plots/looks and still be called a CB, so make sure it is one you love.
Cushion Brilliant, and Cushion Modified Brilliant... Did I miss another? There are many plots.

Here are some pics of a really chunky one. Just make sure you like this look the best. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/why-did-the-erd-cushion-cross-the-road.84788/

PS I love that setting, It looks like a ribbon ring. Very pretty

Rickybobby

Rough_Rock
Thanks...I''m looking forward to seeing the stone in person...a bit nervous...but I''ve been in good hands with my jeweler...i hope it works out.

how do you think the stone looks?

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
It looks pretty to me. I prefer a little chunkier, but you have to love it! It faces up clear and white in that pic. So if you trust him and you like it, then congrats on finding a cushion. It isn''t always easy!
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks more like a radiant than a cushion to me. Or some kind of square brilliant cut. But not a cushion as we think of cushions here.

I think the ring looks really pretty, but ONLY if the recipient has seen it and wants that kind of stone. If I asked for a cushion, that would not be what I would be expecting.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
DS... Agreed that''s why I had to ask. I''m not sure what''s throwing me off. The color of the stone is fine, which is what he asked about. But I agree that it''s not what we normally think of for cushions. Again, not to say if he likes it that way, that there is something wrong with it.
Do you have the rest of it''s stats?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results