shape
carat
color
clarity

J color Asscher in yellow gold legato sleek line

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it - absolutely gorgeous! Can you indulge me and show it with a montage of all your resets? It's definitely my favorite! :love:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy- Thank you! I'm loving the prong work on your asscher, I keep going back to it. I also love double prong, but maybe its too much for my diamond size?

NIna, lknvrb4, Venice
-Thank you ladies! I definitely agree, asschers have do have this amazing ability to put you in a trance and the broad fire it throws off is just phenomenal! :sun:

GraceAva
Thank you! and welcome to PS :wavey: . Hope you stick around for along time

Tyty hi Hun! I'm not sure about the prongs, I do worry a slight bit though in slimming the prongs out especially with just one holding each corner. Thank you for the kind words :))

Tuckins, Dandiandi, Luv2sparkle, Blackpaw Thank you ladies!!! yay it is definitely a classic and one of the most comfortable sotitaire setting to wear.

Babynurse- thanks, I am hoping it grows on me too, there are items in my life that I've owned and was unsure of when I bought it, but it quickly became my favorite! and you are right! aren't asschers just such a magnificent stone to have - I also love them in colored stones

Diamondseeker2006, Sandy&Isaac Definitely have been thinking about Gypsy's new ring,and of course the stacker band. Sandy- go get a new diamond (my DH is very sentimental about our first Princess cut diamond ring. I still have it, but I don't wear it, and he's so sentimental about the whole ring, I can't even recycle it into a pendant ;( )... don't be like me, who keeps changing diamonds...lol as I am probably the only weird person who does this instead of just acquiring more diamonds :wacko:

Novel lol you crack me up lady! well i cancelled the other band I was thinking of,,, I actually have some more development and need to make decision today... ack as I'm going to an event that I'd like to pair the right band with my asscher (of course slacker me, or rather wishy washy me, has taken six weeks to come to a decision on weddng bands)

Motownmama, Tigian.... Thank you so much ladies... I have a couple of bands in mind, I'd like to get them before I head out for an event and need all your help :bigsmile: I'll try and find my latest collage and will post.

Please visit RT for my Diamond band poll.... need to make a decision soon. TIA :wavey: you all have been so wonderful! in helping me get this right https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/quick-help-what-band-to-pair-with-an-asscher.158878/

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yours is larger than mine by .2 on each side. But even with that size jump I think that double prongs are going to be too much-- even if they are done by Leon himself. My new prongs are TINY... still bigger than some (but not all) of the Leon's I've seen, but those have looked to needle thin for me personally, so I did ask Steven for smaller prongs than Ocean's but not needle thin.

Sometimes I think that too many prongs make the setting look very goth... especially if they aren't done 100% right. Have you considered thin tab prongs? I've only seen one set I've really liked, because they were done extremely well, but I was surprised how much I loved them. It wasn't the right look for my ring, but I think on a solitaire (when done right) it would look great.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh Gypsy... do you have a link or a picture of the tab prongs on asscher?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply beautiful, congrats :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very elegant and sparkly! You really got a great asscher!!

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Well that is just classic and beautiful. I have a J myself, and it is just so white! Wear it in good health.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of the 'perfect' ones... no. It was in person in Las Vegas at Fred Leighton. But Steven has a set on his site on an EC that look nice. I'll look around and see what I can find. There was a really pretty ring by... darn it I can't remember now that had them too. Let me see if I can locate anything.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are a pretty nice example. MWith the exception of maybe 5 sets, all of the ones I've seen are uneven, which would drive me up a tree, personally. I think if you go for these they have to be perfectly identical and as delicate and thin as possible (so made with platinim). Even in this one (I know it's 100 mag, but still) the bottom right prong could be adjusted a SMIDGE to look more like the others. Probably not noticable in real life, but it would be a mind clean issue for me.

Tab prongs.png

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! I love that setting, and the asscher is gorgeous.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
It's a beautiful stone, D&T. :love: I do think the prongs are a bit thick and don't really showcase the octagonal shape of the diamond, which is one of my favorite things about asschers. This was an issue with my diamond as well, which is why I chose to re-set it in a bezel. If you are set on a prong setting I would look into thinning out the prongs or possibly getting double prongs on either side of the cut corners to accentuate the shape. Not sure if that's possible with the size of the stone, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I also love the idea of stacking diamond bands on either side. That's one of my favorite looks ever!!!! You could get baguettes or carre cuts and it would look spectacular!!!

Can't wait to see the final product!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T, that ring is just gorgeous!! My gosh, what a beautiful stone, and I love the setting as well. The profile is so pretty. Congrats and enjoy! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOW did I not comment in your thread earlier? I definitely ogled the pics!!

Gorgeous D&T! There's something so - classy - about an asscher or EC solitaire :love: :love: and I love that you put it in yellow gold - beautiful!! Really, the whole ring is stunning simplicity :appl:

I do agree that a slight prong-thinning might show off the stone shape better, but I wouldn't do double prongs - I don't like prongs protruding on the sides of the windmills, and I think your stone's corners are just small enough that unless your jeweller does itty bitty double prongs this is a possibility - and itty bitty prongs might not keep your stone safe!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy- thank you for taking the time to look for the picture. I do like it actually, but I'm not still certain that I *may* keep the setting, so I probably won't do anything for a bit.

Zoe, Junebug thank you much ladies, I do like the profile

LilMisfit - I'm glad you stopped in, I love your bezel! and definitely want to highlight the shape of the asscher. Thank you

Yssie Thanks sweetie! I love the diamond no doubt, I do enjoy wearing yellow gold the most, and I like the look of white, who knows anymore what metal I'll be in next...lol

Gorgeous! I wish there was some sort of D&T ring timeline so I could keep the stones and changes straight! lol

Also, I was just going to comment that I liked the prongs and they looked secure... beefy.. but secure :lol: OK maybe beefy isn't the right word for such a nice piece :razz:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bean|1302182182|2890035 said:
Gorgeous! I wish there was some sort of D&T ring timeline so I could keep the stones and changes straight! lol

Also, I was just going to comment that I liked the prongs and they looked secure... beefy.. but secure :lol: OK maybe beefy isn't the right word for such a nice piece :razz:

lol... one day when all said and done, I'll try and make the timeline ::) Its good enough for now- no worries beefy is a good descriptor and you are right the diamond is secure which is most important, IRL the prongs actually look a bit more delicate than the pictures I posted :wacko:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning!!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the setting!

For longer term I love a bezel setting for an asscher, even a prong set bezel (no diamonds) would be aweseme.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
collage of past rings?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you Skippy, Dreamer :appl: I am heading towards the bezel route, or kite set again or Both :naughty: :Up_to_something: ... of course but I don't have a clue yet... so I'll enjoy it for now ::)

Motown- here you go as requested...
PSupgradetransformation_0.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it DT!

I don't know much about settings, but if you can set a 6mm round in that one, it should be easy to find a colored gem to put in there!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK-YOU!!! That is SO fun! You really have a winner with your asscher! :love:

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
D&T:
No matter what you do, you will always be...

WINNING!!!

:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results