shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick help...What band to pair with an Asscher?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

slg47

Ideal_Rock
carre band!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha I don't know how to do a poll either.

Can't answer your question. Gotta see photos of both sets of rings b/fore deciding. I'm not a huge fan of baquettes, though, so I'm not sure if I'd want a band of those.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I love the horizontal band from Facets. In fact, why don't you order that one and when you get tired of your set, I will buy it from you. :bigsmile: I'm kidding! I think a horizontal baguette band would compliment your new stone really well....and I think Facets has a good return policy too, just in case.
Where would you be getting the carre cut band from?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks ladies...

lol.. Tigian.. well you know me :bigsmile: although this would be in yellow gold though..

Here is a picture of the difference, hope LTP don't mind me using her fantatic pictures of her set ::)

My carre band would be using 1.5mm stones though so its a pretty miniscule band compare to the baguettes if I go that route...

bands.jpg

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
I vote carre band too! There's just something about the symmetry of the square/step cuts that makes me like how it matches your asscher.

Would it be too much metal for your taste if there were 0.5mm of metal on each side of your 1.5mm stones, making the entire band 2.5mm wide? I think the facets band says 2.6mm, so that's not too much of a difference.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Though there are exceptions, GENERALLY I don't prefer step cut bands with step cut centerstones. So much step cut distracts from the centerstone oftentimes. It was very difficult to find a band that I felt worked well w/my asscher & e-ring setting. I ended up with a "link" design pave eternity band with very very very small RBs. They form more of a "glitter" effect than a *glint* that stepcuts give ... or a sparkle that larger RB's produce. The other problem with Bag or Carre bands is that they are usually channel set -- and the channels create extra width and metal that is also distracting. One exception to my preference is that I do really like the rounded bezel set baguette bands that Singlestone makes. They are SPENDY though.

I'd recommend you check out thin bands with very small RB pave. Or even thin solid gold bands.

ETA: MY ring is the very first one on Single Stone's "eternity band" section! I didn't get it there ... but its cool that they are carrying the style now. ANYHOOOOO .. wanted to say that the band I was recommending from them is called "Mini Emerald Cuts" eternity band. I can't clip a picture because my snapzpro is expired right now. But check it out! They have it in yellow gold though they label the style "limited production". You might get one of the last ones!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sandy and Deco for your thoughts, it makes sense... I'm going to think about this some more today, but am getting close :cheeky: to deciding.

E B

Ideal_Rock
First, beautiful ring!

Aren't you going to change your setting soon? I wouldn't bite the bullet on any $$$ band until you have the forever (or for a long time) setting.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of carre cuts. But I hope I can say this in a non-catty sounding way: you are mercurial in your tastes so I think you should go with a plain gold band until you are absolutely certain.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1301945305|2887598 said:
First, beautiful ring!

Aren't you going to change your setting soon? I wouldn't bite the bullet on any $$$ band until you have the forever (or for a long time) setting.

Thanks EB - the band that will go with this ring, will definitely go with the next setting :naughty: *IF* I change it, so I'm thinking a bit ahead as well just in case.

Kelpie- I appreciate your candor, and definitely acknowledge that I'm pretty fickle so I try to think of what it was that I didn't like about the past settings and go from there.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
I think you need two :naughty: . First a plain band, which you already have, and a carre cut band. Baguettes would be nice as long as they aren't too wide. I don't think any band you choose should take the shine away from your solitaire, KWIM?

I have a plain band (2mm) that I wear with my three stone (see pic), but considering yours is gorgeous solitaire, your band can have bling!

L3stoneplat.jpg

Here's one with an eternity, plain, then three stone. I think the three stone just gets lost in there.
all3left.jpg

Try on a bunch and see what you think!
BoulderGal

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
I vote carre band :))

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco are you talking about these??

singlestoneminiemerald.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote plain half-round to match your Ering shank.. is that an option? :cheeky:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies... for your vote, comments and suggestions (way to add more confusion to the mix :naughty: ...lol)
Yay! MrsSalvo, Deco,, I've inquired on that band :love: buttttt considering my turnover rate on wedding band :errrr:

I've decided not to jump in yet.... even though I waited six weeks... whats another few weeks ::)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
sandyandisaac|1301940631|2887542 said:
I vote carre band too! There's just something about the symmetry of the square/step cuts that makes me like how it matches your asscher.

Ditto this!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to vote for the baguette band ala LTP. I like the way the eye is drawn out to those long stones. I love the carre band but am not sure if it would look too choppy with the asscher cut stone. I also would have for anything to do any more than compliment your new asscher - if it competes or blends together you've lost the appeal of the stone.

I also like a plain band to just let the stone shine on it's own. I just like the pretty stone with shiny metal look - simple. Stunning. . .

Just my .02!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscher band from Facets gets my vote!!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LIke Deco, I had a hard time with step cuts and my settings too (all of them). A lot of the step cut settings are very metal heavy with the channel sets and they just didn't match well with my the lines of my shanks or anything. I really found it hard to buy anything without trying it on (or without a good return policy). My wedding band ended up being pave as well. I love those singlestone milgrained bezel bands, they are expensive but gorgeous. I would want to try it on (or have a good return policy) before commiting to it though.

I have almost purchased three carre cut bands just because I love the look of them... but none of them have been in person so I didn't pull the trigger.

I'm thinking of changing my wedding band, eventually... and I'm thinking pave still, but a design (like the Michael B Lace, but a lot thinner). Step cuts seem to either overpower or just not be set right. And custom on step cuts (unless they are individual bezels) is just really expensive.

My vote goes to something that's plain metal for you too. At least for now.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo|1301953283|2887727 said:
Deco are you talking about these??
singlestoneminiemerald.png
YESS!!!! Thanks Mssalvo! I have to get my pix taking abilities back asap ...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the carre band!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Facets "asscher" band has always looked more like carre cut to me. And I do think carre would look better than baguettes with your ring.

But this one with French cuts would be my choice! (currently on p.3 of Singlestone eternity rings)

FRETMY.singlestone.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have other really pretty ones, too!

FRETAY.jpg

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1301973058|2888026 said:
They have other really pretty ones, too!

So far I like the second one diamondseeker posted best!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1301972748|2888024 said:
The Facets "asscher" band has always looked more like carre cut to me. And I do think carre would look better than baguettes with your ring.

But this one with French cuts would be my choice! (currently on p.3 of Singlestone eternity rings)

Oh. I wonder if I can order this one... and then return it if I need to? :love:

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Those bands are amazing... and with THAT Asscher hovering over one? Wow!

I guess it;s old school, but I do like tapered baguettes with Asschers... they're in keeping with the architectural vibe of the step cut, but graceful and smooooth-looking. Almost a continuation of the metal...

asscher_tap_bag.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
holy moly! you guys have been busy :love: :love: :love: Oh my gosh! I missed this band when I was browsing DS2006! that is seriously GORGEOUS!!!! :love: :love: :love: man... GYPSY!!! go for it :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

ETA: DS2006- second band :love: :love: :love: :love:

Lots of great ideas everyone :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: Thank you a ton! I'm sure it helps many out there with Asscher rings as well :appl:

oneam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This wasn't an option, but I love the contrast of twinkly delicate pave w/ step cuts. I think they compliment each other so beautifully. Like Dani's set :love:

Emerald_Dani.JPG.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results