shape
carat
color
clarity

I've lost my mind over old cuts.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1316291618|3019639 said:
Gypsy, I support your choice and hope you get your old cut fix. I traded my ering 3 times before I got married but with my old cut I'm exactly where I want to be. Old cuts are just "me" and I think they are "you" too.

I have a question, when you say they are "5 fully upgradable stones" have you by chance checked with BGD to see if they honor that policy for someone who is not the original owner? Only asking out of curiosity because I just bought a second hand BGD on ebay and it would be cool to have the option of trade in (though right now at these prices I don't feel like it would be worth it).

Hmm. GOOD POINT KELPIE! I assumed the upgrade was transferable because I seem to remember someone I know buying pre-owned upgradable studs and having WF or someone honor the exchange. I don't recall that well so I really SHOULD check though instead of assuming. I'll email Lesley today!

LGK I am definitely in the dark side.

Sharon, I'm surprised you don't know already hon... ask someone you know off line.

Thank you Zoe, MZ and yenny!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy - could we see it (your Aurora band) again? I could use a memory refresher. (Just link it, I was unable to find it via my search)

edited to modify what "it" in this context is.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I think that is a stunning band! I also understand, from my own experience, what it's like to have something lovely but not *LOVE* it the way that you feel it deserves to be loved. I have a pendant that is lovely and stunning and perfect, but it's just not ME anymore. If it ever really was, I'm not sure. At any rate, I, too, am old cut crazy (especially OECs) so I completely understand your desire. :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you buy the ring from Gypsy don't forget to ask for PSer's discount... :bigsmile:

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire|1316312494|3019843 said:
if you buy the ring from Gypsy don't forget to ask for PSer's discount... :bigsmile:

:lol:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'll tell you what. FOR YOU. I'll discount things by 110%. If you buy the band DF--- I'll only make you pay 10% than I"d charge anyone else. :Up_to_something:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Addy|1316280138|3019531 said:
canuk-gal|1316279387|3019522 said:
HI:

Where is it posted for sale? Can that be mentioned?

cheers--Sharon

I did my best to give a google term to use in my above post.

HI:

Thanks for feeding me the clue...... :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy -- As you know from all the help you've been giving me on my thread, I am right there with you. I have totally lost my mind over old cuts as well and sold a ring I never fell in love with in order to get one. I have sold many pieces over the years and regret a few, but haven't once regretted selling the last ring to fund this current OEC project. I hope your band sells quickly and you get exactly the old cut you want! They really are addictive, aren't they?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, just get whatever you love that makes you happy. Whether that happiness lasts for a year, 5 years, 10 years, whatever. Just be you and do you you feel like doing. Life is short! You don't need permission to do anything! :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore it today to say "good bye" I've had a few offers (a couple of them a bit humorous) but not the "right one" just yet.

But I'm pretty sure it will sell, whether on the website that shall not be named or on consignment in Walnut Creek.

And I really enjoyed spending time with it. But I'm eager for my OLD CUT LOVE BABY!

((HUGS)) to both Kennedy and Monnie.

Sharon... roflmao.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa. OMG. Really?

Whoa.

Oh Gypsy, I think I'm a little bit traumatized too! Your Aurora is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen - of course it will sell!! And I have to admire the woman who can so ruthlessly cull her collection to further her priorities - goodness knows my hoarding self couldn't possibly!

Gosh, I get it, I do. I have the old cut bug too, in a bad way...and those potentials are GORGEOUS. I hope it goes to a good home, and you find the perfect OEC soon!! But I need a little time to dissociate "Gypsy" and "Aurora", I think!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1316334419|3019990 said:
Whoa. OMG. Really?

Whoa.

Oh Gypsy, I think I'm a little bit traumatized too! Your Aurora is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen - of course it will sell!! And I have to admire the woman who can so ruthlessly cull her collection to further her priorities - goodness knows my hoarding self couldn't possibly!

Gosh, I get it, I do. I have the old cut bug too, in a bad way...and those potentials are GORGEOUS. I hope it goes to a good home, and you find the perfect OEC soon!! But I need a little time to dissociate "Gypsy" and "Aurora", I think!

LOL. Hopefully hon it will go to a PSer who appreciates it and you can re-locate it with her.

Ruthless tee hee. *snicker* I like that. Maybe if I ever change my nickname I'll go with "RUTHLESS" and repost my favorite dragon for my AV.

Although they way I just let loose in RT about guys and their "surprise" rings... I probably qualify for the dragon AV again already.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a gorgeous ring but I totally see you with an old cut more than I see you with the Aurora. Good luck on the sale and I can't wait to see what you end up with!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well, I think I found the site but I can't find your ring....any hints you can give me for finding it?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor!

I just sneaked a peak at the diamond classifieds to check out your listing - I have to admit that I was tempted, but I think I'm more of a 3-stone gal, myself. Since that site claims to have 1000+ visitors daily I suspect your beautiful aurora will find a new home quickly - I'd be surprised if it's on there longer than one week!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1316354765|3020070 said:
Well, I think I found the site but I can't find your ring....any hints you can give me for finding it?

Click on rings, it's on the first page.

Good luck Gypsy! Life is too short to not go for what makes us happy. Your Aurora is a beautiful ring, but if it's not doing it for you, you should definitely get something that does!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1316360925|3020117 said:
yennyfire|1316354765|3020070 said:

Click on rings, it's on the first page.

Good luck Gypsy! Life is too short to not go for what makes us happy. Your Aurora is a beautiful ring, but if it's not doing it for you, you should definitely get something that does!

Yenny, click on the bit that says "natural diamond centers" or sthg like that. Gypsy's listing is the first/ top of the page (at least it was last time I checked).

Gypsy, I am rooting for you, GF! i totally understand not being in love with a piece of bling that someone else may think is fabulous. Everyone has different tastes, thank God otherwise the world would be a very boring place indeed. I do hope that you manage to sell yr ring soon and you get that old cut you so want and deserve.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Junerose and Phoenix. I must not have found the right site b/c I don't see the ring or a tab that says "natural diamonds"...I guess I'll keep looking! I appreciate your trying to help! :???:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yenny try googling diamond classifieds...for me it is the 2nd link. you could also try googling diamond aurora band or brian gavin diamonds aurora band for sale...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! :appl: :appl: Thanks slg! That did it! I appreciate everyone's help so much and Gypsy, I apologize for the slight threadjack! :oops:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1316335157|3019995 said:
Although they way I just let loose in RT about guys and their "surprise" rings... I probably qualify for the dragon AV again already.

::snort::

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say good for you gypsy. Ultimately, our diamonds are just *things* that we have to make us happy, and having new ones is fun. I can relate to your decision completely.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1316317270|3019874 said:

I'll tell you what. FOR YOU. I'll discount things by 110%. If you buy the band DF--- I'll only make you pay 10% than I"d charge anyone else. :Up_to_something:
too big for my pinky... ;(

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are so supportive. Thank you!

I just hope it goes to a good home.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1316397970|3020414 said:

I hope so too! and if a PSer snags it...I want pics :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

will you take "lay away" ?... :bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1316408510|3020511 said:

will you take "lay away" ?... :bigsmile:

OMG. That's funny. Probably not though.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I hope your blindingly beautiful band sells quickly and wish you all the best in your new search. :saint:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I hope it sells quickly for you too! My original ring was an OEC and was chipped and let the insurance company have it. It's one of my biggest regrets b/c it was a rare 1.2 carat G! I hope to own another at some point too! I can't wait to see what you end up getting!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results