shape
carat
color
clarity

I've lost my mind over old cuts.

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
I hope your ring sells quickly Gypsy, it's beautiful!!

Y'all have me obsessing over antique settings now... I go to sleep dreaming about them. This will never end for me. :lol:

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D|1316382468|3020291 said:
I say good for you gypsy. Ultimately, our diamonds are just *things* that we have to make us happy, and having new ones is fun. I can relate to your decision completely.

Yep-agree, and it's hard to control the old cut love. I say this even after seeing the gorgeous (uber brilliant) Aurora in person. Good luck with the sale, Gypsy!

ok, so I couldn't resist the dome factor. Just for fun... :naughty:

http://jewelry.1stdibs.com/jewelry_item_detail.php?id=44535
domed_0.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
42K . 42k. That was just evil Coati. I WANT THAT SO BAD. Gorgeous. Okay so I found a stunning dome setting... not antique repro. today. The jeweler is willing to trade my Aurora for the setting and cash. I told him that he needs to find me a gorgeous OEC center stone for it.

I think I'm going to take it to Walnut Creek tomorrow and consign it though. We'll see.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Danny, Betty and MsS. ((HUGS))

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1316575951|3021898 said:
42K . 42k. That was just evil Coati. I WANT THAT SO BAD. Gorgeous. Okay so I found a stunning dome setting... not antique repro. today. The jeweler is willing to trade my Aurora for the setting and cash. I told him that he needs to find me a gorgeous OEC center stone for it.

I think I'm going to take it to Walnut Creek tomorrow and consign it though. We'll see.

Wow, that's exciting! It sounds like you might have your OEC sooner rather than later. Why would you rather consign at the other store?

That OEC is frighteningly gorgeous. In fact, all of Fortuane's stuff is amazing -- I would love to go into that store in person.

Seriously, this old cut business might be the end of me!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you gotten any other serious offers or lookers?

I know sometimes things sell very quickly and other times it takes what seems like forever!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've gotten offers for trades and one offer today for trade plus cash... that one today I'm considering. No offers for full payment yet ... so I'm not sure. I've had lots of people email me telling me they are either trying to talk their husbands into it (LOL), selling items of their own to see if they can afford it, or trying to shuffle their funding... and they check with me to make sure it's not about to be sold. So the possibility is there for a sale. And I REALLY want it to go to a pricescoper. But I do have ants in my pants and want to see what Spitz says about the consignment as well. But I just realized that I can just call them tomorrow and see what they say as well.

The trade offer today is interesting. It was from a jeweler who has a setting I love and would adore for an OEC. So I told him that if he finds a good OEC for the center of it, then I'd consider the trade. He offered me the setting, plus a 450 repair on my band, two appraisals ( I need to update two of my appraisals) plus cash. And I countered with setting plus center stone. So ... we'll see.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1316236010|3019327 said:
This is one of my all time favorites... but I'd need to save for it for a long time. Still I think it would be perfectly worthwhile.
1305760790_10_1_3973__1_of_4_.jpg

I'm loving dome rings recently... and though I think this might be too ornate for me... I adore the look of it.

OMG Gypsy, I was at Langs this weekend and tried this exact ring on - how gorgeous is it?? I'll go hunt up some handshots :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
IMG_5170.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great minds. I ADORE IT.

Was it absolutely amazing in real life?

I love the pics you have of it! Thanks so much for posting that.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Omg omg omg i didn't realize Lang's is in SF. I MUST go when i'm there on the 7th.

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Wait, WHAT? And I AM in SF right now... :nono:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
haha, i just mapped it.. it's half a block from our hotel. YAY, bling!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1317018687|3025675 said:
Great minds. I ADORE IT.

I'm back for more of this BEG. I know you have tiny little perfect fingers and that ring is just to die for. I'm not surprised you were drawn to it. It's spectacular!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1317068363|3026118 said:
Gypsy|1317018687|3025675 said:
Great minds. I ADORE IT.

I'm back for more of this BEG. I know you have tiny little perfect fingers and that ring is just to die for. I'm not surprised you were drawn to it. It's spectacular!

Gypsy, I didn't want to take it off! It's even more amazing IRL than it is in pictures. Beautiful cut and so much bling! I think you need to visit it soon :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that ring, BEG and Gypsy. Thanks for posting the pic, BEG. I've wondered what it looked like on someone. It's gorgeous.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEG I'm not sure visiting is smart... I don't REALLY need to be arrested for grand theft this month. LOL.

OKAY FOLKS... that ring can be yours for 19K. 3% discount for wire transfer. If you get it... can it vacation with me once a year? I promise I'll show it a good time.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here's the rest of my pictures for your enjoyment, ladies :)

IMG_5171.jpg

IMG_5173.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1317086092|3026437 said:
BEG I'm not sure visiting is smart... I don't REALLY need to be arrested for grand theft this month. LOL.

OKAY FOLKS... that ring can be yours for 19K. 3% discount for wire transfer. If you get it... can it vacation with me once a year? I promise I'll show it a good time.

:lol:

Aw, Gypsy, I so wish you could/would get it. I know you would love it so much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results