shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve just commissioned my first ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stargazer

Rough_Rock
I''m so excited,I had to tell you about my ring to be.
I have visited some local jewellers and now commissioned my ring. It''s going to be a 1.58ct G VS five stone diamond ring in Platinum. Its going to be fairly simply set and traditional but absolutely gorgeous.....I can only just wait!! I want the stones to be the obvious bit not the setting.
With the jewellers help I picked out my own stones and we chatted and drew sketches etc of my ring...mine.
My husband knows of my love of diamonds and has been a darling with this one.( its the first I''ve bought)
Now I can''t wait for the first of my visits to view its progress.
I will keep you informed... try and stop me...

Bursting with excitement..Stargazer.
appl.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Stargazer. I can't wait to see the progress. Keep us posted!

DiamondLil

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats! i assume it's shared prong?

i tried on a beautiful 10 stone at the store a while back, with very very tiny prongs so that the emphasis was all on the stones. bling bling! very beautiful.
2.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your current project..I can't wait to see picture's...
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Good for you! We're waiting for updates.
2.gif

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
Can't wait to see it, but I bet you can't wait even more! It's so crazy trying to design a ring, slightly stressful process, but I think in the end, much more gratifying. You are going to get exactly what you want, and that's so cool.

Stargazer

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your replies, it's great to read them- will keep me sane whilst I'm waiting.
I only found this site recently and have thoroughly enjoyed it and also knowing there are lots of other diamond 'nuts' out there, amongst my friends I'm the only one- its lonely!.
I believe the prongs are shared as that sounds like a perfect description, although we didn't use the terminology.
The stones are going to rest very close to each other and be held by two prongs- one at 'top' and other at the 'bottom'between each diamond. (Is that shared?) So that I see most of the diameter unhindered by setting.
I started out initially with the idea of 18ct white gold but when he showed me some of his works in platinum I was sold! I've always fancied it but though it out of my league.

I'm going to have to find a way of getting some pictures, when I have them, onto the site but as I haven't got a digital camera or scanner does anyone know another way?
Thanks again.

Stargazer

Rough_Rock
Hello again, as yet no real news to tell. I'm trying not to phone up or pop around and badger him ( I know he needs time to get on with it).
I keep thinking about the diamonds and wondering if they are as gorgeous as I remember, but I know they are really.
Maybe by next week I can get a progress report, and maybe even see something developing. I've window-shopped at high street stores and I know mine is going to be much nicer, super infact but I need faith.
Absence makes the mind doubtful...
rolleyes.gif

Stargazer

Rough_Rock
Well excited again....

I've been for the first fitting and its looking very promising- although at the moment its fairly grey and unpolished.
I can see where the setting is going now and its looking good, very solid and modern actually. (Thats the band bit as the setting is going to be minimal.)

I was worring about my diamonds, if I'd made the right decision going for G and so asked to see them again -they look great lovely and white, I saw an E diamond and I know its whiter but the G's when not directly compared to it look FAB. I've also found out they are VS1 clarity.

Reading all the info. here about Platinum scratching easily etc. has now made me worry about that. Should I have gone for the 18ct White gold?
Oh once you look deeply into something so many more elements crop up!!

No its going to be gorgeous, the stones are beautiful and that is the main element. Apparently will be ready for me to collect be next week.

I'm all anticipation
appl.gif

Stargazer

Rough_Rock
OH WOW !!!
I collected it today, went there with a mix of excitement and apprehension- what if it didn't live up to my dreams?

IT IS MAGNIFICENT.
love.gif

It was like openning a Russian doll, first the cardboard box, then tissue paper, then THE box. Then the gasp!!

My jeweller has done a great job, its really simple with just the five diamonds visible with two prongs between each stone (shared prongs I believe from Mara). The side view is low set with each diamond cupped beautifully and it follows the curve of my finger WOW!

Been explaining it to my Mum as a concept with sketches but she was stunned by it in reality.
I've got a friend coming to visit it tomorrow--Sad I know.

I'm going to try and find a digital camera literate obliging friend so I can post the pictures.

I'd better not ramble on and bore, but he's a genius, its Fabulous, Stunning, Magnificent and perfect. Oh yes- husband likes it too.
appl.gif
appl.gif

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Congrats and enjoy it well! Can't wait to see pictures. Thanks for sharing the whole process with us!
1.gif

Stargazer

Rough_Rock
Sorry to have taken ages, I'm still trying to find a Digital camera-ed friend to take photos for me. Easter and the hols didn't help, although I had a great time off with the children!

However, ( I hope she doesn't mind...) Marriahlyn's message about her 5 stone from Whiteflash took my eye and when I saw the pictures I thought "absolutely gorgeous, and just like mine". I truely hope she doesn't mind, but until I get my photos her ring is almost a twin.. if anyone would like to get a good idea.

We obviously both have ..great taste, and modesty. I hope she adores hers as much as I do mine.
wavey.gif

Stargazer

Rough_Rock
Hi again,

Sorry its taken me ages to sort out some photos, but here they are.
This is my Platinum set five stone diamond ring- and I love it.
love.gif
(Unfortunately, I dont love the rough appearence of my hand - no I'm not a male building labourer!!! Convert now to handcream.)

Its 1.58ct diamonds, G colour,and VS1 clarity.
I took these outside on a dog walk so the light is natural and I hadn't cleaned the ring before hand as I wear it almost every day.

It is very simple and wow! does it sparkle. Hope you enjoy. Thanks.
appl.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Okay, Star, now you're just teasing us.
11.gif
Come on where are the pics? (Shay whines and pouts as she waits impatiently)

Shay

Stargazer

Rough_Rock
Hi, Really sorry everyone, I am a dunce at this uploading pictures stuff. I have tried on at least four occasions and a few times each occasion to get my pictures onboard but despite it looking like they are uploading, nothing shows up in the end!!!

I'm going to try and get a friend to do it or give up. My only thought is that my pictures may be too big in size- but I dont know what to do about that. I've already renamed them and put them in different folders/locations.

Hope to show my lovely ring to you sometime soon....sorry to keep you waiting-I'm fed up too.
sad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results