Gifted by my husband :love:
Shortee78_05.JPG

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are pics of some YG pieces that I've had made

Lapis lazuli cab
2014-10-31_11.jpg

Gold egg with sapphires (gift for niece)
2014-10-31_17_5.jpg

5-stone Tsavorite
il_570xn_66.jpg

Rose cut moonstones
moonstone_earring.jpg

Carnelian scarab cab
20140217_155700_0.jpg

Diamond daisy/cluster
rhr.jpg

Ceylon sapphire
sunlight1.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iammariaberg|1419923125|3809480 said:
Gifted by my husband :love:
Shortee78_05.JPG

It is very beautiful, but I can't tell - is that set in yellow gold?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko: one of my all time favorite things is your egg for your niece. There is nothing I do not love about it. I love that its a pendant. I love that its so three dimensional. I love that its yellow gold. I love that its for your niece. I love that its not solid but is so beautifully and intricately cut out - or carved looking. I love that you have incorporated gemstones.

Typically, I immediately comment when I love something, but I don't think I've ever taken the time before now to let you know just how much I love it.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread. I find it so difficult to use yellow gold because I can't get over how it looks yellow. White metal looks more neutral to me. I want to learn how to love yellow gold!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1419928010|3809492 said:
Mochiko: one of my all time favorite things is your egg for your niece. There is nothing I do not love about it. I love that its a pendant. I love that its so three dimensional. I love that its yellow gold. I love that its for your niece. I love that its not solid but is so beautifully and intricately cut out - or carved looking. I love that you have incorporated gemstones.

Typically, I immediately comment when I love something, but I don't think I've ever taken the time before now to let you know just how much I love it.

Hi minous, I just saw your comment. Thanks so much for the kind words! There's something very magical about these types of "whimsical/fairytale" jewels that I love. The egg pendant is now safely with my sister, and will be given to my niece once she's past the "toddler wants to chomp on everything" stage. :lol: :lol:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42|1419926060|3809482 said:
Here are pics of some YG pieces that I've had made

Lapis lazuli cab
2014-10-31_11.jpg

Gold egg with sapphires (gift for niece)
2014-10-31_17_5.jpg

5-stone Tsavorite
il_570xn_66.jpg

Rose cut moonstones
moonstone_earring.jpg

Carnelian scarab cab
20140217_155700_0.jpg

Diamond daisy/cluster
rhr.jpg

Ceylon sapphire
sunlight1.jpg

Mochiko I love your pieces! I'm not sure which is my favourite... The Ceylon sapphire ring, rose cut moonstones or the gold egg! :love:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
1.09ct ruby, 0.82ct diamonds in 18k gold

_25807.jpg

_25808.jpg

_25809.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1420389367|3811670 said:
I love this thread. I find it so difficult to use yellow gold because I can't get over how it looks yellow. White metal looks more neutral to me. I want to learn how to love yellow gold!

I'm not sure it works that way. I grew up loving the way yellow gold looked with jewels. On the other hand I absolutely hated the way high karat gold looked. To me it looked like brass. I liked the softness of pale yellow 14K or 18K yellow. 22K or 24K gold made me think of carnivals and fake jewelry and plated jewelry in Woolworth's (a five and ten cent store...which really dates me!).

I came to love high karat gold over time and I do not know how. It was just an acquired taste. I went from wearing only small pearl earrings and little gold pieces of classic jewelry in the most delicate styles to buying 24K gold pieces by Gurhan and Yossi Harari. I didn't have my ears pierced until I was 48, because my mother had instilled in me that ladies didn't do that. ;))

So...you may not be able to convince yourself to like yellow gold. It may just happen...or not.

Deb :wavey:

The Gold Thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/[/URL]

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I guess being on PS can only help :)

Actually, I like high carat gold, just not on me. Perhaps this will change. I also have inherited 18K/14K pieces.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me, high karat gold reminds me of antiquities, like this. I love love love it!! I also love the heft of it, as it reminds me that much heavier elements than lead were generated by the nuclear fusion of exploding stars (supernovas). I'm a pretty scientific person, and I can appreciate that tidbit of information whenever I hold a heavy gold or platinum piece.

65240-the-golden-mask-md_0_1_.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1420573812|3812613 said:
To me, high karat gold reminds me of antiquities, like this. I love love love it!! I also love the heft of it, as it reminds me that much heavier elements than lead were generated by the nuclear fusion of exploding stars (supernovas). I'm a pretty scientific person, and I can appreciate that tidbit of information whenever I hold a heavy gold or platinum piece.

I'd love to see you on The Gold Thread more often, TL! We are quite short on science lately although we have had some brief interludes where people popped in with fantastic ideas. One man was creating blue gold for a project of his own. (Remember that, pregcurious? You really followed along with him!)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF said:
pregcurious|1420389367|3811670 said:

I'm not sure it works that way. I grew up loving the way yellow gold looked with jewels. On the other hand I absolutely hated the way high karat gold looked. To me it looked like brass. I liked the softness of pale yellow 14K or 18K yellow. 22K or 24K gold made me think of carnivals and fake jewelry and plated jewelry in Woolworth's (a five and ten cent store...which really dates me!).

I came to love high karat gold over time and I do not know how. It was just an acquired taste. I went from wearing only small pearl earrings and little gold pieces of classic jewelry in the most delicate styles to buying 24K gold pieces by Gurhan and Yossi Harari. I didn't have my ears pierced until I was 48, because my mother had instilled in me that ladies didn't do that. ;))

So...you may not be able to convince yourself to like yellow gold. It may just happen...or not.

The Gold Thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/[/URL]

Thanks for sharing the link to the Gold thread, Deb!! I really should check out the Jewelry forum more frequently. :wavey:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1420593672|3812739 said:
TL|1420573812|3812613 said:

I'd love to see you on The Gold Thread more often, TL! We are quite short on science lately although we have had some brief interludes where people popped in with fantastic ideas. One man was creating blue gold for a project of his own. (Remember that, pregcurious? You really followed along with him!)

I do remember that thread. I forget what happened. I'll have to go look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results