shape
carat
color
clarity

I've been offered a one carat OEC but it's chipped

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @tkyasx78, I'd like to think whoever wore her prior would be happy that she had a spa treatment and found a good home.

steviedsgirl

Rough_Rock
@steviedsgirl yeah my chips are pretty significant, I couldn't sleep at night if I knew I did that to my diamond :shock: It's nerve wracking waiting for this ring to be done too. Be sure to share pics of your reset too! We all love to see before and afters!

Here is a video of my result -- Amelia is so much brighter now! Hardly looks like the same stone!

steviedsgirl

Rough_Rock
Yes! The little interlocking diamonds go all the way around -- see photo. The bands are what attracted me initially about 2 years ago when I had no need for a wedding set. :) Things changed. :D The little thingie in my hand is the head Amelia came out of....urk! Stretched to the max!!! DSCN2469.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @motownmama! I actually went back to the pawn shop I bought her from today and the owner who sold it to me said it looked amazing and much rounder lol! Imagine a round stone looking round :lol-2:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @motownmama! I actually went back to the pawn shop I bought her from today and the owner who sold it to me said it looked amazing and much rounder lol! Imagine a round stone looking round :lol-2:

I saw this thread because I was googling diamonds with chips since I recently acquired one and wow @YadaYadaYada I had no idea that you got that ring for such a bargain. That is really the deal of the century and I’m very envious!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mreader, it was quite the find but the chips gave me an anxiety and it’s probably completely irrational but I couldn’t enjoy it. I worried near constantly about making the damage worse even though I’m careful with my jewelry.

So I sold it to @stracci2000 and now it is loved and enjoyed as it should be chips and all =)2

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader, it was quite the find but the chips gave me an anxiety and it’s probably completely irrational but I couldn’t enjoy it. I worried near constantly about making the damage worse even though I’m careful with my jewelry.

So I sold it to @stracci2000 and now it is loved and enjoyed as it should be chips and all =)2

Awwwww - glad it is in the PS community!!! Did you see that I caved and bought the imperfect 2ct? I posted pics on that thread. Just got it yesterday.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwww - glad it is in the PS community!!! Did you see that I caved and bought the imperfect 2ct? I posted pics on that thread. Just got it yesterday.

I did not! The one that was getting a chip polished out? I might have that story wrong but I think that’s what I remember.

Did you start a thread on it in SMTB? You totally should!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I did not! The one that was getting a chip polished out? I might have that story wrong but I think that’s what I remember.

Did you start a thread on it in SMTB? You totally should!

Yes that is the one on the story is correct. No I haven’t done SMTB I just replied w pics to the original post; I thought you might get a notification about it but I’ll tag you so you can see.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results