shape
carat
color
clarity

It's the Little Things--- Tell Me Something Small that You're Happy About :)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Aero-garden tomato plants have a flower! I usually only plant herbs so I have them for the winter, but this year I decided to try their mini-tomatoes. Planted a few herbs too and they seem okay although it wasn't recommended. Can't wait to see if the little blooms actually turn into little tomatoes. It's been 30 days so far.
IMG_7006.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to keep flaked sea salt in my purse when travelling because many places don't put salt on the table and I'm a salt lover.

@Lookinagain me too!!! I don’t so much anymore since we go out less often, it seems of late, and it’s spilled one too many times in my purse! :lol: I have some in the car though.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I love this! What is is that she uses it for that she isn't given at a restaurant or somewhere else?
I used to keep flaked sea salt in my purse when travelling because many places don't put salt on the table and I'm a salt lover. Olive oil is definitely better for you though!

Honestly I have no idea. I was in her apartment earlier eating bread and looking for some olive oil to put on it. The cabinets were empty (she stays mostly at her house or with my grandma) and she goes “oh let me check my bag.” Sure enough, there was olive oil. We’re Italian American, I guess it makes sense because I thought “oh, I should get a small bottle for my office.”

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I don't travel much now, but this is what I carried. I don't recall that it ever spilled in my purse.
IMG_7011.jpg

I love Maldon salt. If anyone has ever been to Aquavit here in NYC they sometimes give you a little container of smoked sea salt. I should probably use those at some point.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Maldon salt. If anyone has ever been to Aquavit here in NYC they sometimes give you a little container of smoked sea salt. I should probably use those at some point.

I have the smoked Maldon salt as well! I refill those little metal containers when I'm travelling so that I have both smoked and regular!!

But I don't think you have said what your mother uses the olive oil that she carries for???

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I discovered you can make popcorn in the microwave with just a brown paper bag (no oil either just the kernels). Probably late to the party on this but DH was amazed :D

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I saw a hummingbird in my neighbor's yard the other day. It was so small and way up in a tree so I couldn't be sure.
Anyhow, I ran out and bought a hummingbird feeder AND I just saw one at my feeder!!! So excited! We don't see too many
hummingbirds where I live so it's a big deal to me!!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I saw a hummingbird in my neighbor's yard the other day. It was so small and way up in a tree so I couldn't be sure.
Anyhow, I ran out and bought a hummingbird feeder AND I just saw one at my feeder!!! So excited! We don't see too many
hummingbirds where I live so it's a big deal to me!!!
How fun. I love watching them. They don’t arrive here until April and leave in September. We only get Ruby Throated hummers. Do you know which kind you have? Did you make sugar water nectar for them? Once they find your feeder they typically return so keep watching!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Aero-garden tomato plants have a flower! I usually only plant herbs so I have them for the winter, but this year I decided to try their mini-tomatoes. Planted a few herbs too and they seem okay although it wasn't recommended. Can't wait to see if the little blooms actually turn into little tomatoes. It's been 30 days so far.
IMG_7006.jpg

I have little tomatoes! So happy.
IMG_7054.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly I have no idea. I was in her apartment earlier eating bread and looking for some olive oil to put on it. The cabinets were empty (she stays mostly at her house or with my grandma) and she goes “oh let me check my bag.” Sure enough, there was olive oil. We’re Italian American, I guess it makes sense because I thought “oh, I should get a small bottle for my office.”

:wavey:Italian American here, too!
I can't cook without it.
If I carried a purse, there would be olive oil in it!
Extra-virgin, of course.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We booked a holiday! It's in September, but it's the first more-than-a-week vacation we will have had in...in...oh man! I can't remember, it's been so long! Decades, anyway!

And - this happened a while ago, but I still SO appreciate it - our local cinema was renovated and now every seat is a fully reclining lounger, with leg supprt as well. And they eliminated about half the rows, so now we always have a HEAP of space in between us and everybody else. Every time we walk in, I think "Aaaahhhhhh...."

My best friend in the States is coming to visit for 4 days next weekend, and we have a bunch of fun things planned. :mrgreen:

And tomorrow, after DH, DD and I go to the movies, we'll probably go out for sushi (which I love!) and then to our favorite coffee shop. Such bliss!

Life is good!

Oh - and yesterday I found THREE of my missing socks! They were in my glove basket, for anyone who's interested. :bigsmile:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH is out of town til Monday so I get to park my car in the middle of the garage.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That my dh's recovery seems to be going better now...but truly that is the only thing at the moment I am happy about. Life is very challenging right now and I am working hard to take it one day, one hour at a time. When loved ones are not well what is important comes into sharp clarity

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And - this happened a while ago, but I still SO appreciate it - our local cinema was renovated and now every seat is a fully reclining lounger, with leg supprt as well. And they eliminated about half the rows, so now we always have a HEAP of space in between us and everybody else. Every time we walk in, I think "Aaaahhhhhh...."

Is this the one at Legacy? If so, I'll need to check it out. I haven't been there for a long time but always went to the level where they serve you.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Discovered a great salad recipe this week, actually ate it right before work and it’s perfect, nice and light but delicious. Would probably be great in the summer.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they migrating now? We used to see an Indigo Bunting once every other June. No jewel compares to that bird.

Looks like they may be migrating right now...not sure if I'll be able to keep him. May be here for just a rest.:(2 But, I'm happy
to have him/her for as long as they want to stay!
How fun. I love watching them. They don’t arrive here until April and leave in September. We only get Ruby Throated hummers. Do you know which kind you have? Did you make sugar water nectar for them? Once they find your feeder they typically return so keep watching!!

I looked up FL hummingbirds but have not seen it up close enough to figure it out. It is NOT colorful. Yes, I made sugar water.
4:1 water/sugar. No food coloring. My DH has seen it back so it definitely knows where the feeder is now! Hoping he/she
brings some friends but won't know until we see multiples at the same time. Fingers crossed!

Ruby-throated are really pretty!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the one at Legacy? If so, I'll need to check it out. I haven't been there for a long time but always went to the level where they serve you.

Hi T! :wavey:

Yes! There is SO much room between rows now, you never have to climb over people if you need to get out for any reason. And there's arm rests between every seat, and they're wider - so you're never shoulder ot shoulder with the person next to you any more.

Such an indulgence compared to what I was used to!

And yes - DH and I used to go to the upper level all the time and have date nights! Not any more, tho - the new seats in the lower levels are actually better. They have leg rests whereas the ones in the upper levels recline, but they don't have leg rests. You can't get chair-side food service in the lower levels, but you can buy the same food at the restaurant there and take it in, so, for the extra money, it's not really worth it.

ETA And why is it that movie theater seats are SO much better than plane seats?! Air travel continues to go from bad to abysmal.

ETA x 2 Whoops - sorry! Didn't mean to whinge on the happiness thread! :mrgreen:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @mrs-b. That's good info to have as I would typically assume that I should still go to the upper level. I'll have to check it out.
(and agree about the plane seats!)

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Just completed day 14 of a month-long wall Pilates program. I thought it was too easy, so I upped the difficulty to medium, and still thought it seemed too easy. Decided to be patient and see how things unfolded. The app only allows you to do one session per day, and you can't skip forward or go backward.

Haha! I notice that since day three, when I reset it to medium intensity, each day, I have mildly "puffy" muscles. By that, I mean, it feels like they're slightly sore, but not actually sore, I'm just aware that they've been well-used.

Using the wall as support really isolates various muscle groups, so even with a medium (quite easy, on the surface) intensity, later on, I notice that my muscles have that post-workout feel! Haha! It's great!

I've actually gained a couple pounds (muscle finding its way back), but my clothing is already looser (flubber finding its way away) even after only two weeks. Yay! Once the muscle-puff feeling is gone, I expect that I will feel svelte again. :D

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just completed day 14 of a month-long wall Pilates program. I thought it was too easy, so I upped the difficulty to medium, and still thought it seemed too easy. Decided to be patient and see how things unfolded. The app only allows you to do one session per day, and you can't skip forward or go backward.

Haha! I notice that since day three, when I reset it to medium intensity, each day, I have mildly "puffy" muscles. By that, I mean, it feels like they're slightly sore, but not actually sore, I'm just aware that they've been well-used.

Using the wall as support really isolates various muscle groups, so even with a medium (quite easy, on the surface) intensity, later on, I notice that my muscles have that post-workout feel! Haha! It's great!

I've actually gained a couple pounds (muscle finding its way back), but my clothing is already looser (flubber finding its way away) even after only two weeks. Yay! Once the muscle-puff feeling is gone, I expect that I will feel svelte again. :D

Which one please?! There are SO many that I'm overwhelmed just looking through the options. I subscribed to something in December but then never did it and now I can't access the program on the app...

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
My oldest son moved out this week after graduating computer science and getting a good job. I'm so sad. I'm also seeing him spread his wings. You got this son.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My oldest son moved out this week after graduating computer science and getting a good job. I'm so sad. I'm also seeing him spread his wings. You got this son.

Staying close? Congrats on his graduation! Not an easy program--you must be so proud!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Staying close? Congrats on his graduation! Not an easy program--you must be so proud!

Yes!!! Same city :)
I'm so proud, so so proud. Watching him go get his degree to the beat of women First Nation's drummers is a highlight of my life. The days were long raising my 2 lads, but oh, the years were short. Thanks for asking @canuk-gal, You da best.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... The days were long raising my 2 lads, but oh, the years were short. ...

You are skilled with words. :clap:

I appreciate someone saying much with few words.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
You are skilled with words. :clap:

I appreciate someone saying much with few words.

Awww Kenny, you make a gal feel good inside. I needed that and you delivered! Love ya brother.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!!! Same city :)
I'm so proud, so so proud. Watching him go get his degree to the beat of women First Nation's drummers is a highlight of my life. The days were long raising my 2 lads, but oh, the years were short. Thanks for asking @canuk-gal, You da best.

How lovely! I am glad he is close by as I know finding somewhere to live in your City is a challenge. (well, it seems to be that way, now, in all our Cities...) Now I must google the drummers!!! :appl::appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 10.03.01 AM.png

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Which one please?! There are SO many that I'm overwhelmed just looking through the options. I subscribed to something in December but then never did it and now I can't access the program on the app...

I kept seeing Yoga-go on my IG feed, so I did something that I never have done before—completed a little quiz for a program. I decided not to purchase it at their initial offer, and just wanted to think about it. They then sent daily followup emails with ever greater discounts, until finally after about 10 days or so, it was $17 (and change) for a year. I decided to buy it. LOL!

I mostly like the app, although sometimes it glitches a wee bit. The narrator's voice is likely AI, given how it has occasionally strange pronunciations, and a different cadence than a human voice. There is a lot of content, the bulk of which I haven't explored, although expect I will do so after my 30 -day program is finished.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results