shape
carat
color
clarity

It's the Little Things--- Tell Me Something Small that You're Happy About :)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I am getting ready to go out for a fried shrimp lunch. And I will be getting the LARGE option, both in size and number of shrimp. I am all a-twitter. Whoop whoop!!! :)

What about you?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my skinny cat to gain weight!
Back in November, I noticed that I could feel his spine and ribs. I should've weighed him, but I didn't.
His special person, DH, works from home so they are together all day. But for the whole month of Dec, DH was working every day away from home, and I think he was depressed.
It worried me, so I increased his number of meals per day and increased his portions of wet food.
He really seems healthier now, and much less bony!

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made rice last night for younger son’s lunch. Used the chicken tortilla soup I made earlier in the week, strained out the liquid and made him a rice bowl since he has a microwave to use at school.

Then I still had a good amount of rice still, so I gave some to older son who is nursing a mouth injury from frisbee and dumped the rest in with the leftover soup. Had that soup for lunch today and it was yum.

That is a ridiculous amount of words to say that I love coming up with ways to use up the food we have so nothing goes to waste or gets thrown out :D

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I made rice last night for younger son’s lunch. Used the chicken tortilla soup I made earlier in the week, strained out the liquid and made him a rice bowl since he has a microwave to use at school.

Then I still had a good amount of rice still, so I gave some to older son who is nursing a mouth injury from frisbee and dumped the rest in with the leftover soup. Had that soup for lunch today and it was yum.

That is a ridiculous amount of words to say that I love coming up with ways to use up the food we have so nothing goes to waste or gets thrown out :D

I love this.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My neighbour gave me a lot of green tomatoes that she took off the plants before the frost spoiled them. I found a really easy recipe for green tomato chuntney, and finally got around to making it yesterday. I cut back on the sugar, so it’s got a lovely tang.

72798709286__7F9EA112-F440-468C-BCCD-F130C8E758E3.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Queen of the Night grown from a small cutting over many years and it hasn’t really liked my gardening prowess so I was more than delighted to get 10 flowers at once.
I also have a beloved Snake plant and was astonished to learn that they flower, albeit rarely, and then the plant Gods heard my prayers and voila.
And finally a Praying Mantis egg sac. Praying Mantis are my spirit animal. IMG_9140.jpeg IMG_9157.jpeg
IMG_9156.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Queen of the Night grown from a small cutting over many years and it hasn’t really liked my gardening prowess so I was more than delighted to get 10 flowers at once.
I also have a beloved Snake plant and was astonished to learn that they flower, albeit rarely, and then the plant Gods heard my prayers and voila.
And finally a Praying Mantis egg sac. Praying Mantis are my spirit animal. IMG_9140.jpeg IMG_9157.jpeg
IMG_9156.jpeg

crazy beautiful photo's! As usual!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to decide where to go and eat when I am in London for the weekend.

So many choices!!!

Sunday is sorted and it will be an all you can eat brunch at a 5-star hotel.

However, Saturday is a bit more problematic as I have 2 shows to see back to back.

DK :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having my dh home with me after his TKR surgery. Having Tommy (he’s our elderly and frail kitty) sit in between us on the couch as we are hanging out together.

(All I need to be truly happy is for my loved ones to be healthy).

I’m so grateful for all the small stuff.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since it’s the little things, I’ll add … yay for Friday finally!!
Also, my orchids are doing fabulously!!

IMG_1304.jpeg

Stunning. No small amount of work, tho!!!!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm home alone tonight! :dance: I'm in my PJs, watching Netflix, having a yummy bowl of tomato basil soup, and cuddling with the furbabies.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love where we live, both the:dance: house itself and the location.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another "small" pleasure

The beauty all around us
I will never take this for granted

Mother Nature can be cruel
But she is also filled with wonder and beauty

I love the beach

The sunsets
The sunrises

The colors
The wildlife

It is, in a word, magical

magicalbeach.png

ourbackyardsunset.png

calmbeach.png

oceanwave.png

nycskylinefrombeach.png

goodmorningbeach.png

sunsetbeach.png

sandyhookwinter2023-2024.png

ourbeachwinter2023-2024.png

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It just dawned on me that since all 3 of us have had Covid this month, we are immune for a little while and can finally dine in at restaurants we have missed for the past several years (since they don't have outdoor dining).

My birthday is coming up soon; I will have a lunch date with DH at a favorite seafood restaurant. I look forward to broiled scallops.
He will have a father/daughter date for steak at Texas Roadhouse (not being a fan of steak, I prefer they go without me.)
Then DD and I will have a mother/daughter date at some restaurant of her choice.

Never thought Covid would have a silver lining. =)2

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure where my brother is living but he Herkimer~earrimg.jpg sent me earrings. After the big WHAT? I louped them, lots of inclusions. Herkimers! Never seen this stone before. Fun jewelry. Fixed a bad day at work.

When my ex-FIL died, the family found a few small Herkimer crystals among his belongings. They all thought he had hoarded rough diamonds!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to an indoor swim birthday party for my 5 yr old granddaughter today. We share a love of the pool :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results