shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s Oscar Night - Who''s Watching?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray for Hollywood! It's time for the Academy Awards again. I am looking forward to critiquing the dresses, hair, and BLING.
9.gif
Who else is watching? Any predictions? Complete list of tonight's award nominees: http://www.oscars.org/79academyawards/noms.html

I hope Scorsese gets something, he's overdue for a Best Director or Best Picture trophy and Eastwood already has a few!
2.gif

jfan

Rough_Rock
Yes! I will be glued to the tv - I'm such an awards show junkie!
3.gif

Here's hoping we get lots of good bling shots!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love Ellen D--I think she''ll be a great host. I''ll watch her open, then probably not till the end for the best picture/director.....etc....

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Helen Mirren, best actress. Jennifer Hudson, best supporting.

Forrest Whitaker, best actor. Eddie Murphy, best supporting.

Martin S for best director

Borat for adapted screenplay

The Departed or Babel for best picture

Cars for animated feature

An Inconvenient Truth for documentary

Pan''s Labryinth for foreign language film

Marie Antoinette for art direction/costumes

Just a few predictions...I swept for the year Silence of the Lambs won it all, I picked it in all categories!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be watching!! I love E! for the previews, bling, dresses interviews as they walk the red carpet. And am exicited to see Ellen open the show. I doubt I''ll watch it in it''s entirety, it goes so late, but will try!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s not on here yet...it starts at 5pm i think PST for us!

tivo''s the best, it turns a 3 hour show into a 1 hour show. hehe.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Another awards-show junkie here!

I'll be glued to the TV, and I've even roped DH into watching. Then again, he's excited about the dinner we're preparing that should rival what Wolfgang Puck is planning for the Govenors Ball!

Here's my predictions for my favorite categories:

- Costume Design: The Devil Wears Prada
- Original Screenplay: Little Miss Sunshine
- Adapted Screenplay: Borat
- Foreign Language Film: Pan's Labyrinth
- Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson
- Best Supporting Actor: Eddie Murphy
- Best Actress: Helen Mirren
- Best Actor: really dunno on this one, as I only saw one of the performances
- Best Director: Martin Scorsese (it's 'bout time!)
- Best Picture: The Departed

Happy watching, all!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charger, I agree that Devil Wears Prada could take it but sometimes the period pieces win because there is the authencity issue. I also think Little Miss Sunshine for best original screenplay, I saw it and liked it, but it was definitely dark and odd! I loved Steve Carrell and Alan Arkin (spelling on both their names? Do not know!)

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
My son has a basketball playoff game at 4:30, so I''ll miss most of my favorite part....The gowns and the BLING - boo hoo!!!!!! I''m dying!!!!!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Watching? Heck, I''m going to a black-tie Oscar watching party!
It''s some benefit for the local liberal arts college, with cocktails and fancy dress. I''m looking forward to sipping something alcoholic and making snarky comments about their outfits! I could care less who wins, I just watch for the clothes and jewelry! Fi is being really sweet in going to this just to make me happy!
5.gif

I may not dress up much, but I sure am putting my nicest jewelry on!
2.gif
Speaking of which, better go do my hair!
5.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DH and I went to a movie last night and I couldn''t figure out why so many people were in line (we went to our fave independent theatre, usually not too busy). He politely reminded me that I am totally out of synch with American society and that most people will be at home tonight watching. DUH! I''m so out of touch sometimes.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll have it on in the background. I''m pulling for Lil Miss Sunshine to win Best Picture.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
I look forward to the gowns and blings.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 5:46:24 PM
Author: diamondfan
Charger, I agree that Devil Wears Prada could take it but sometimes the period pieces win because there is the authencity issue. I also think Little Miss Sunshine for best original screenplay, I saw it and liked it, but it was definitely dark and odd! I loved Steve Carrell and Alan Arkin (spelling on both their names? Do not know!)
Oh yeah- historically speaking, the period pieces have taken the award. But, I like the fact that Patricia Field did the Costume design for Prada, and I dig her stuff. She''s the fashion force behind Sex and The City. Talk about a style icon!

I too am rooting for Sunshine to at least take original screenplay. I just saw the movie at home a few weeks ago, and LOVED how odd it was. The cast was awesome- Steve Carell, Alan Arkin, Greg Kinnear & Toni Colette! Add to that the little girl, and it was priceless.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGuy was the actually the one who suggested we watch.
6.gif
So we are having fun with it and printed out a ballot and have a bet going on who will get more correct. Amusing since neither of us have seen anything or anyone with a nomination.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I wish! But I don''t own a TV.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Patricia Field, she is quirky generally, but I thought she looked nasty tonight. Too much red red red.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, in D wears P the clothes were such an integral part of the whole story, they almost were characters...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am watching right now.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 10:15:26 PM
Author: Skippy123
I am watching right now.
Me too! So far, I think Anne Hathaway is best bet for worse dress award...

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
TGal, my FI and I have been doing this for 6 yrs now and 99 percent of the time they are complete guesses so its so funny. This year the whole fam is doing it and we are doing AWEFUL. The loser has to do dishes for 2 weeks.... my brothers are sweating it out!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spoiler alert!!!

Yay for Jennifer Hudson!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gore has gained some weight. I haven''t seen him in a long time!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love her earrings!

7797159837055041711.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Look at Jennifer Lopez's bling!!! I don't think others could pull it off like her! JENNIFER LOPEZ wears a Marchesa gown with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry.

9041962047538442711.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My main reason for watching at all is to see the gowns. Tonight my hands-down favorite was Nicole Kidman. My least favorite was a tie between Hathaway and Eddie Murphy''s date, somebody-Edwards. Mirrors between your boobs? And the rest of it made her silhouette look positively lumpy. Hathaway''s was just...awful.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 11:22:59 PM
Author: monarch64
Tonight my hands-down favorite was Nicole Kidman.
I had mixed feelings about NK's dress. While she looked stunning....on almost anyone else, that dress would look absurd.

I always hate Gweneth Paltrow's dresses...

Penelope Cruz looked incredibly gorgeous...so did Reese Witherspoon.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t like NK''s dress. I don''t know why, but it just seemed Dr. Seussy to me...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 11:33:04 PM
Author: widget

I had mixed feelings about NK's dress. While she looked stunning....on almost anyone else, that dress would look absurd.

I always hate Gweneth Paltrow's dresses...

Ditto. Beyonce looks stunning as well.

I also loved the gown and diamonds of the woman who was honored... red and black gown... humanitarian and president of film studios.

Anyone else think Naomi's boobs look saggy in that dress?

Cameron Diaz... needs to go blond again... and give me those earrings and those shoes. And fire her hair dresser.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 11:33:04 PM
Author: widget

I had mixed feelings about NK''s dress. While she looked stunning....on almost anyone else, that dress would look absurd.

I always hate Gweneth Paltrow''s dresses...

NK''s dress didn''t do it for me, that big bow was distracting. She''s so pretty, less is more for her... Penelope''s dress was amazing, she always seems to do it right. And Reese looked gorgeous. I loved Jlo''s dress too, I like her with shorter hair.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results