shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s Oscar Night - Who''s Watching?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Anne Hathaway is probably (to me) the most beautiful woman on tv tonight... minus the black bow. She is just stunning!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 9:25:23 PM
Author: diamondfan
I like Patricia Field, she is quirky generally, but I thought she looked nasty tonight. Too much red red red.

I''m going to have nightmares about that woman''s hair.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reese-gorgeous.

Beyonce too.

Think Peter O''Toole could get the sympathy Oscar since he has never won.

WHAT WAS WITH PHILLIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN''S HAIR?

Agree that Tracey Edmond''s dress was odd, gladiator chest armor-ish and not flattering at all to her figure.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also loved Sherry Lansing''s dress, and though NK''s had too costumey a feel. Did not like Naomi or Kirsten Dunst either.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Forrest!!!!

Totally thrilled with that!

Ann Hathaway''s gown get''s my vote for worst dressed too.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does it strike anyone as kind of ironic that it''s an actors job to memorize lines, but that most can''t seem to say an acceptance speech from memory?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey that''s the nicest Diane Keaton''s ever looked at an Oscar. Nice.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diane Keaton looks GREAT. And I am glad for the director who won, I did pretty well overall in my bets! I really want to see the Queen now.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 12:17:26 AM
Diane Keaton looks GREAT. And I am glad Scorsese won, I did pretty well overall in my bets! I really want to see the Queen now.
I thought so too. I was on target with my bets as well. And am thrilled for Marty!! I loved The Departed. Now like you need to see the Queen. I think Helen looked amazing, she''s such a class act!! I loved her speech!! And when Marty won, Jack was waiting in the wings to give him a huge hug, that was so fun!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could not believe my pick for animated feature did not win...ugh, I did NOT like the one that did...

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I thought Helen Mirren looked so beautiful. She is an object lesson on how to be beautiful at any age.

Diamond Fan your predictions were very good - you got a lot of them!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 12:04:50 AM
Author: Gypsy
YAY Forrest!!!!

Totally thrilled with that!

Ann Hathaway''s gown get''s my vote for worst dressed too.
I know I was soooo happy Forrest won!! That made my night!!!
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so bummmmmmmed
7.gif
I had a very busy day and big evening so I was so proud of myself when I set my replay to record it.... but I screwed up and recorded the stupid TV guide oscar crap instead!!!! I caught the last 10 minutes of the main show and thankfully recorded babs walter (I hate her - she''s imo the worst interviewer *ever* and charlie rose rules!) and yay the whole entire show was the last hour of the oscars. So I got 1 hour of it. Grrrrrrr I really wanted to see the red carpet for once cause I *always* forget to turn the tv on in time and this was the one year I planned ahead and got the "pre oscar show" bah - on TV guide ::sob::

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 1:14:44 AM
Author: Beacon
I thought Helen Mirren looked so beautiful. She is an object lesson on how to be beautiful at any age.

Diamond Fan your predictions were very good - you got a lot of them!

Thanks, I am pretty on the ball...for some reason I seem to be able to pcik things. I knew Hillary Swank would win twice, and I knew that Phillip Seymour Hoffman would win last year. I do not always pick the most mainstream to win.

I got all of mine except best animated feature, best adapted screenplay and best suppoting actor. Some catergories I did not pick a winner because I had not seen any of the films, but for the most part I was right on.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Helen Mirren looked STUNNING. What a classy dress! She''s 61 years old??? VA VA VOOM!
79th_MirrenH_03.jpg

I loved Naomi Watts'' necklace. SO sparkly. Didn''t care much for Kidman''s dress, too costumey with the big bow. That''s the best she has looked in red in a long time, though.
79th_KidmanWatts_01.jpg

How cute was Abigail Breslin???? I was SO excited that LMS won for best supporting actor and screenplay, I really wanted to see that movie get some recognition in the tough fields of contenders this year.
79th_BreslinA_01.jpg

Hated Dunst, Paltrow, and Hathaway gowns.
38.gif
It seems that money should be able to buy taste at SOME point... I wanted to run up to Anne and rip off the black pieces!

Yay for Marty! I was really excited for him! And I just saw Pan''s Labyrinth this past week, which truly deserved the awards it earned. It was visually amazing!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I guess I''m age biased, but I think ALL the women "of a certain age" looked stunning and far and away classiest: Helen Merrin, Diane Keaton, Sherry Lansing, Kathrine Deneuve, etc...

The bling award should go to supporting actress nominee Adriana Something-or-other with her yellow and white diamond necklace. I wanted her to win so I could get a better look!

Worst hair: Kirston Dunst (icky dress, too) and Cameron Diaz.

I LOVED Kate Blanchette''s classy, "Sci-fi" look....

widget

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2007 8:38:23 AM
Author: widget
I guess I''m age biased, but I think ALL the women ''of a certain age'' looked stunning and far and away classiest: Helen Merrin, Diane Keaton, Sherry Lansing, Kathrine Deneuve, etc...
HI:

Couldn''t agree more. And Ellen D did not disappoint--she was funny.

The clone hair of Nicole K and Gweneth P was awful--but the changes to Nicoles face were the most dramatic--giant stiff upper lip and a face that was frozen. I couldn''t help feeling these were not improvements--she was always so beautiful more naturally. boohoo.

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that some of the older women were just absolutely stunning. Could not stand Cameron''s hair and her dress looked like drapes or table cloths whipped into a dress. I do not like Maggie Gyllenhal either. I thought Ellen was funny, I like her humor. I also really wanted that one song from Dreamgirls, not the I Love You song and not Patience, but the one she sings when she is in the studio and it is so powerful. The Melissa E song was not bad, but it did not hit me the same way. I thought Beyonce looked amazing. There was not one really amazing looking outfit...the bling was pretty, I thought Penelope Cruz had on an interesting dress. Jessica Biel''s dress was so boring I could not believe it.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out Naomi Watts'' "baby bump"
31.gif
31.gif
-- she has not announced her pregnancy yet ... well, maybe she did with this dress. She & JLO shoulda changed outfits if she wanted coverage
2.gif

Age isn''t a lock on looking good ... that Best Actress nominee for Babel looked scary & Meryl Streep weren''t so "together looking" ... but I did love DIANE KEATON rocking the BLACK NAILPOLISH & her chic shirtdress .. and NO TURTLENECK!! (rare to see her w/o one HA!) And Helen Mirren looked FLAWLESS.

Rachel Weisz''s dress was my fave of the younger crowd. Liquid metallic charmeuse + BLING = dreamy.

And you go REESE WITHERSPOON - a lot has changed this year for her but she still looks totally fab. Is it wrong that I hope she hooks up with JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE. Hee!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just posted some bling shots over in the Celebrity Rings forum, but this one bears repeating: My nomination for the classiest jewels: Celine Dion!
30.gif

The hoops, cuff and maybe ring are from Lily et Cie, and those incredible brooches are HERS!

(don''t like the dress too much, though)

celine259dion.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a detail of Rachel''s dress I thought you bling-hounds would appreciate
9.gif

oscardressrw.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 9:51:38 AM
Author: decodelighted

Age isn't a lock on looking good ... Meryl Streep weren't so 'together looking' ...
Ain't that the truth...she looked like she stopped by the Oscars on the way home from Walmart....
20.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did not mean all of them, certainly Meryl did not look great to me, considering her role as the fashion queen, but they really overall looked so great. I also though Naomi looked pregnant, could have just been the dress and her posture but you never know!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
What the heck was up with the bare necks? So few women were wearing necklaces that even my fi noticed!
23.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
anyone else think cameron diaz is NOT aging well...her new nose doesn''t look so hot either

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I noticed that too, but I think braceletswere more the big thing this year, a lot of women had more than one large bangle on each wrist...some necklines just do not look right with a necklace, no matter what...it would just be too much...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 9:43:05 AM
I agree that some of the older women were just absolutely stunning. Could not stand Cameron''s hair and her dress looked like drapes or table cloths whipped into a dress. I do not like Maggie Gyllenhal either. I thought Ellen was funny, I like her humor. I also really wanted that one song from Dreamgirls, not the I Love You song and not Patience, but the one she sings when she is in the studio and it is so powerful. The Melissa E song was not bad, but it did not hit me the same way. I thought Beyonce looked amazing. There was not one really amazing looking outfit...the bling was pretty, I thought Penelope Cruz had on an interesting dress. Jessica Biel''s dress was so boring I could not believe it.
I totally agree. I told TGuy last night that she looked like a giant napkin.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So I watched the red carpet intro and the tail end of the show. I don't think Cameron Diaz is attractive and last night just reaffirmed that. I actually loved Kirsten Dunst's dress. The top of Jennifer Lopez's dress was ugly the rest was pretty, just too many jewels Nicole Kidman's would have beenbeautiful had they removed that big bow that looked like a second head. I thought Reese Witherspoon looked absolutely stunning. Helen Mirren gets my best dressed award for the evening though. She just looked fantastic.

ETA: I loved Cate Blanchett's dress/overall look. She was stunning as well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 10:54:59 AM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 2/26/2007 9:43:05 AM
I totally agree. I told TGuy last night that she looked like a giant napkin.
That''s exactly what she looked like one big old napkin. Didn''t like her hair either. And Meryl, she did look like she stopped by on her way to Walmart, hehe. Her daughter was very pretty though!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I thought the joke about American not voting for Jennifer Hudson/voting for Al Gore was hysterical - go Ellen!
9.gif

Helen Mirren looked flawless, just flawless. I thought Nicole Kidman looked, ironically enough, like a Stepford Wife in Seussville (thanks TGal for the Seuss reference). She looks bizarre to me now. I liked the normal-looking curly-haired redheaded Nicole Kidman, not this plastic-looking Barbie doll. I thought Gwyneth pulled off the hair much better than NK - but then again, I like Gwyneth and think she always looks pulled together and simple yet elegant.

Was anyone else surprised to find out that Kate Winslet is only 31?! She seems so much older than me - and I'm 35!

George Clooney always looks yummy to me.
3.gif

ETA: did anyone else think that Nicole Kidman looked like she had inflatable boobs in that dress?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results