shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s Official! Christmas Eve Proposal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my turn finally came this afternoon :) I really did not want anything extravagent - all I wanted was for my bf to speak to me from the heart when he asked me to be his wife, and that's exactly what he did. He called me right before he came over to my house and told me to stay on the phone but go into the kitchen. I stayed on the phone with him while he went back to the bedroom. He asked me to come back to my room and take a seat on the bed. He was a lot more dressed up than usual. He stood in front of me and basically told our story, from the first online "wink" to our emails, the night we met, our first date etc. He talked about everything!!! He spoke about the day he realized that I was "the one". He pulled out a dozen long stem roses that were hidden in the bathroom. Then started talking about the future and that's when he got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife!

Although I knew the proposal was imminent, I was kinda surprised and will admit that when I realized "this is it!" I started trembling and bawled like a baby!!!

I am relieved the wait is over! We are set to be married in March on the beach in Kauai!

In addition, he has something else up his sleeve for Christmas morning. He told me there is a part two, which involves my kids, so I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning!

Merry Christmas!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!

Congrats!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! Im delighted that it happened for you! What a lovely proposal. Looking forward to hearing what part 2 is!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ladies! I'm still waiting for part two. Can't wait to see who else got engaged over Christmas
emteeth.gif

myring10.JPG

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS! Gorgeous bling!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
congrats-beautiful proposal and ring!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! The ring is beautiful! I''m so happy your wait is over!! MARCH? Wow, that''s not long. Keep us up to date on the details, please.

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
What a beautiful proposal and a gorgeous ring!!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great story and lovely ring! What a nice way to start off the new year, I got engaged near the holidays and I loved starting the new year as a fiancee...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! fabulous ring...I also got engaged right around Christmas and it was a wonderful holiday season (4 yrs. ago!) Enjoy!
36.gif
35.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ladies! Yes, we kind of did things backwards, lol. We had the rings, planned the wedding and honeymoon etc, all before the proposal was "official". I will admit though, until the proposal was official, it seemed as though none of it was real. It's hard to explain. I knew it was coming, but when he actually proposed, it blew me away. To actually hear those 4 words come out of his mouth! I was flooded with emotions and couldn't stop trembling (and crying!!!)

We are going to Kauai in March and getting married on the beach at sunset. I can't wait to be his wife and for him to be my husband. I had my first opportunity to introduce him as my "fiance" yesterday. It sounded weird to call him that, lol, and funny that the first person he was introduced to as such was my ex-husband (father of my girls), LOL!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
that''s so cute impatient! yes, until we have the ring, it''s doen''t feel official no matter how much we know and are told it''s coming.

i didn''t cry at my proposal..hmm, i wonder why! I was just so happy and rushing to get the ring on, I just said OF COURSE and hugged and kissed him. Felt weak but no tears..wonder if that''s unusual
emsmile.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Janine, I don''t know what "normal" is, lol! I think the reason I cried is because I never thought I would find this kind of love. You see, I have been a single mom for sooo many years! After my divorce, I didn''t date at all for nearly 10 years!!! I wanted to focus on raising my kids and my career. I thought I would be alone forever. I knew that one day I wanted to be married again, but once I started dating again I met so many frogs that I began to doubt my prince even existed! When I met my fiance, I knew right away he was different from all the rest. I still have to pinch myself to make sure this isn''t a dream, lol! I couldn''t be happier!

So as far as normal, I think I''m the abnormal one ;-)

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy for you! Congratulations! From one single mom to another, I can completely relate to your feeling like you just won''t have that sort of love, etc.. I didn''t cry when my FI proposed and was shocked that I didn''t b/c I cry at all sorts of things! I guess I was so surprised by it all.
Anyway, congrats again to you!! Sounds like it was wonderful. I''m sure the wedding will be beautiful. Looking fwd to hearing more details.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Sweet proposal and beautiful ring.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
what a sweet proposal and beautiful ring!!! Congrats!!!
1.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your Christmas Eve engagement! Happy planning.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congratulations!! Much happiness to you and yours!

cheers--Sharon

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, lovely ring!!!

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
I can feel your happiness as I read your engagement post. Congratulations to the both of you...(and your children too, sounds like their moms fiance adores her).

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! That is a gorgeous ring.
36.gif

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
I''m a little late... but congratulations! and that definately is one gorgeous ring, but I''m DYING to know what the second part of your proposal was if you''re willing to share it! :)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS to my engagement date "twin".
28.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
YAY - Congrats! what a beautiful ring!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ladies! He never followed through with part two, and I am assuming I either misunderstood him or he has decide to wait if there is a part two.

I also found out that his original plan was totally different that what played out. His intent was to propose on Christmas Eve while we were at my family gathering! Unbeknownst to me, he planned to have a video made of our lives together thus far, you know, pics of us, ticket stubs of events we attended, pics of places we went on dates etc. Well, he spent an entire day and a half looking for someone to make the video for him, but since it was so last minute it was too late. I had no idea where he was or what he was doing and he was pretty much out of touch, so when he finally called me I was pretty upset that I had not heard from him during this time. I guess he figured I was pretty po'd so he decided to go with plan "B". Actually, I much preferred plan "B" as it was much more intimate. Funny how things work out just the way they should! I wouldn't have wanted anything different in a proposal - simple, sweet and heartfelt!

Last night we picked a date - March 25th, 2005. Since it will most likely be just the two of us on that beach in Kauai, we really don't have to worry about needing more time. Less than two months and I will be a MARRRIED lady
30.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
First of all, congratulations!

Second of all...I guess despite the surprise, as you said, you and your SO have planned this together, in part, already. Was there an earlier proposal, or just an informal discussion, raised by you together (?)...just curious if this was the case?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results