shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s not the whole ring, but what do you think of this to start?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Almost There

Rough_Rock
Not sure if this is the right place, but I just got in a picture of the center stone for a custom e-ring Whiteflash is making for my soon to be fiance. Not being able to show it to her is killing me so I thought I'd post it and it at least show it to some others who might appreciate it.

It's a 3.01 E SI1, GIA 64.8 63.0 11.9% 9.52x7.35x4.76 tn-tk no gd ex ft

It will soon be joined by a brilliant trapezoid on each side (the radiant will be vertical, not horizontal as shown in the pic) and find it's new home in a platinum setting with channel set princesses on the top of the shank and pave rounds on the side.

I'll post the whole ring when it's done, but in the meantime, I'd love to know what you think of the rock
1.gif

Radiant3.jpg

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
9.gif
3 carats!!! Your gf is going to need a sling to hold up her arm.
9.gif

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
Oh my God! Duh! Are you joking? I nearly fainted when i saw it! A 3 carat E and you have to ask what we think?! Trust me, i have this vague inkling that you girl will quite like it.

Pear Princess

PS suggest you have medical help on stand-by in case she goes into shock when she sees it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that is a beautiful stone!! I can imagine that she will swoon a big one when she sees that baby. Can't wait to see the pictures when it's done!!
1.gif

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, i'm just using your thread to test my new avatar pic. I'm hopeless with computers and this pic prob won't work out coz it was taken by a mobile phone.

PP

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
Groan! It's hopeless. My ring got 'squashed' in the process.

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
jawdrop.gif
jawdrop.gif
jawdrop.gif
jawdrop.gif

Almost There

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the nice comments...I know she'll be floored when she sees it...I just wanted to "shamelessly brag" in the mean time because I'm so bad at keeping secrets like this from her :). I should have it in hand on the 18th. If Whiteflash sends me a picture before then I'll post it and let you know how the proposal goes...

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations and I love it already, can't wait to see pics.

Almost There

Rough_Rock
The ring is starting to come together and Brian and Leslie are taking me through the manufacturing process step by step. It's pretty cool because I'll definitely see and learn a lot more about the ring and how it's made than I ever would buying one out of the case. The side traps are E VS, just under a ct. total weight. I could only get one picture to upload with this post so I'll post the second view of the traps below.

The wax should be done at the end of the week and if you are all interested I'll post a pic of that when it comes in.

traps-for-size.jpg

Almost There

Rough_Rock
Here's the traps catching the light...

traps.jpg

Hodne

Rough_Rock
*bump*

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That thing is going to be a MONSTER!!!
1.gif
Beautiful!
1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
WOW! That is going to be a heck of a ring! Does secret service protection come with it?

keep those pics coming as it makes progress
9.gif

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
OMG that ring will be amazing.
eek.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I looove radiant cuts! Only wish I could afford two stones. Please post all photos as the process unfolds.
10.gif

Nimyane

Rough_Rock
Will you marry me?

LOL

Almost There

Rough_Rock
Lol...you're just a little late Nimyane :)

I will definitely keep the pics coming. I know it seems like a "monster" but the way it's going to come together will hopefully be really elegant. The ring has a lot of great detail work that makes it more than just a lot of flash. I can't wait to see it finished and to show you all what it looks like when it's done... Thanks for making the process even more fun than it already was...

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
You are definitely..........

ALMOST THERE.

I need to go out for a breath of fresh air now. That nearly knocked me out.
10.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I meant MONSTER in a very good way.
9.gif
Very very very good way!

Almost There

Rough_Rock
No offense taken, Mara :)

It is going to be a monster, just a nice, friendly monster....

Almost There

Rough_Rock
Because I'm a little pressed for time (the big day is this Friday), Whiteflash jumped right from the wax to the rough casting.

If you don't know what the finished ring is supposed to look like, it's a little hard to tell from the rough shots, but I still thought it would be fun to post these anyway. Keep in mind that the prongs will be shaped and the ring will be polished, engraved and set with stones. This is just what it looks like right out of the casting process.

The center stone is the radiant, with the traps on each side. Set in the top of the shank will be princesses, getting smaller as the shank tapers towards the gallery on each side. The crossbars of the gallery as well as the sides of the shank will be pave set diamonds where you can see the holes.

The edges of the crossbars and shank will be hand engraved milgrain.

It's supposed to ship on Wednesday so I am hoping to have the final pics on the ring by then.

roughcast.jpg

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sitting on the edge of my chair....waiting, waiting......

Almost There

Rough_Rock
You and me both :), as soon as I have the pics on Wed I'll post 'em and I'll post the whole proposal story probably a week from today.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh MY GOD! She is going to die!!!! I love that ring
love.gif
10.gif

mdurkin

Rough_Rock
that radiant is amazing - I wish I could see it in person...I love radiants! It's going to be quite a showstopper!

Almost There

Rough_Rock
I can't wait to see it in person myself. I think I'm going to be almost as excited opening the FedEx box as she'll be when I open the ring box.

Now I really feel like I'm almost there...

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
The basket on that setting is HUGE!!
6.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see the finished product. It's already amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results