shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s not the whole ring, but what do you think of this to start?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Almost There

Rough_Rock
Continued (I'm not sure why I can't enter more in each message, but here goes again):

The curtains were closed, and there was a note on the desk in an envelope that said it was for her, to be read by me. That's when she started to really figure it out because the note was in my writing. Until that point she later told me she thought that maybe the couple we were meeting had done the room up for a party or something...

I sat her down and started to read a poem I'd written that was a take off and the Night Before Christmas. Christmas is her favorite time of the year and I knew she'd like something that had at least equal parts of humor and sentiment. I opened the curtains to reveal what was left of the sunset and started to play the Pachabel CD (one of her favorites) The poem went through a lot of the milestones in our relationship and ended with me on one knee proposing. She was pretty much crying about half way through and it was all she could do to say yes when I opened the box and asked the question

She absolutely, 100%, no questions asked, LOVES the ring and thinks it's even cooler that I helped to create it rather than just buying it premade. You have to remember that she'd seen a similar ring in a local store, which was what inspired me- so I knew she'd like the design. But she still can't get over the fact that I took so much effort to have it custom made and that the stone looked even better than the ring in the store (which was a pretty sweet ring itself) She loves the depth, whiteness and brilliance of the center stone and can't stop looking at all of the detail work. Of course I keep checking it out myself every few minutes, which led her to comment that I love the ring more than I love her :)

After she had a few hours to enjoy it I told her about the little inclusion you can see when viewing the center stone from either of the shorter sides. I had been really worried, but she could care less about it and told me that there was no way I was taking back the ring I had given her while proposing and changing it for anything, even if it was an "upgrade". That of course brought a big smile to my face and made feel a lot better.

We walked down to Studio, the hotel's fine restauarant right on the cliff about 50 feet above the ocean and had a great dinner and an amazing bottle of champagne. She needed to pack a bag, so we drove back to her parent's house where we opened another bottle with her family and toasted and celebrated. Everyone there loved the ring. Her mom truly appreciates all of the detail work, her sister said she had "never seen a ring that big before" and her dad said it sparkled so much it looked fake (I told him that was supposed to be our secret! :) ) I showed everyone all the posts here on PS. They loved seeing the ring come together and got a real kick out of all the nice comments from everyone here. We then headed back to the hotel for the weekend and had a great rest of our time there

Well...that's the whole story...or at least the end of one and the start of another. When I can get her to hold still between calling friends and family I'll snap some pics of the ring on her hand. Till then, thanks again for sharing all of this with me. It's been a real pleasure. Best wishes for the holidays and the new year!

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Congradulations to you both!

That was a beautiful story and a beautiful proposal....

The best in the beginning of the new chapter in Life.

Warmest Wishes~~

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congratulations to you and the bride to be!
Thank you for your kind remarks and your wonderful story. My wife just read your proposal and got all choked up! It was great helping you put your dream ring together. We will be looking for pictures soon.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great story, so glad we were part of it. Congratulations!!
1.gif

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Can I just say
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
. Enough said. Congrats.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Whew. I was only now able to pick myself off the floor after seeing *the* final product. What a winner!!!
appl.gif
Congratulations and best wishes.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
What a great story! Congratulations
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
HOLY COW! The ring was phenomenal, but the proposals to me always get me. Had me tearing here...what effort, what thought put into it...so wonderful and she's a lucky gal to have you, as I am sure you are to have her! CONGRATS!!!!
appl.gif

abbey

Rough_Rock
The ring is amazing-it was so fun watching it being pulled together ... I've been waiting for pictures of the ring on a finger though.... "AlmostThere" are you still reading posts? Please post a pic of it on her hand.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results