shape
carat
color
clarity

It's home!

Here is a shot of my 3 stone to solitaire.

I have about a novel to write about this experience but until i do, I wanted to share this awesome iphone pic I took outside today!

The ring looks tight, I know. It's a little smaller than I would've liked but when my hands get cold the ring could fall right off.

ring.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: WOW!!!! did you not like the three stone look? its gorgeous as a solitaire! Beautiful Diamond!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!! It turned out so nice!

D&T said:
:love: :love: :love: WOW!!!! did you not like the three stone look? its gorgeous as a solitaire! Beautiful Diamond!

I felt that the old setting took attention away from the center stone. Since I had to change the setting out do to damage I thought I'd try it like this for a bit and put the side stones in earrings- that way I could always change it back to a 3stone (or even buy more stones) if needed.

However, this is not the solitaire I bought for that. This is a temporary setting to the original temporary setting I was going to do :bigsmile: I like this setting more than I thought I would but would like to switch it in the future but am out of time for this month!

Laila619 said:
GORGEOUS!!! It turned out so nice!

Thank you!! The jeweler did an awesome job on the prongs. I am very pleased with them!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
That's one heck of a gorgeous diamond Bean! :love: I think your setting gives it all the attention it deserves. It looks lovely!

BoulderGal

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Bean, it really came out so lovely! That stone is a show stopper! I really like this temp*temp setting though. I know it isn't what you planned for but it has a nice thin shank which makes that huge stone pop even more. Any profile shots? Congrats! And don't worry anymore about it till after the wedding!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa :-o

ROCK!!!

I completely know what you mean about sidestones taking away from the centrestone - enjoy that nekkid gigantic ROCK!!! :sun: :bigsmile: :love:

lizzyann01 said:
Bean, it really came out so lovely! That stone is a show stopper! I really like this temp*temp setting though. I know it isn't what you planned for but it has a nice thin shank which makes that huge stone pop even more. Any profile shots? Congrats! And don't worry anymore about it till after the wedding!

Yes I will go take a shot right now!! :mrgreen: brb

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
whoa that's a freaking beautiful ring!!! :love: so classic, and a huge stone! beautiful!

old setting is on the right. I think I'm going to sell it but wasn't sure if I would/ could reuse it. Plat is at a nice selling price right now!! :naughty: :naughty:

The temp temp setting is one of those basic ones you get as a placeholder. It's better than I had imagined in my head yesterday.

photo.JPG

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I love this one as a solitaire...beautiful diamond. :love:

Yssie said:
Whoa :-o

ROCK!!!

I completely know what you mean about sidestones taking away from the centrestone - enjoy that nekkid gigantic ROCK!!! :sun: :bigsmile: :love:

thanks! I feel like I got a half carat upgrade :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA: wait a minute....

*you're* the one I learnt the elastic-round-the-centre-and-hide-the-sides trick from - I recognize that setting!

::)

Yssie said:

*you're* the one I learnt the elastic-round-the-centre-and-hide-the-sides trick from - I recognize that setting!

LOL yes.... have you tried that then? I would do that about once a week :saint: :saint: :saint:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oh my

That stone makes me wanna lick my computer screen.

Yum yum

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bean, it looks great! I'm happy you were able to do this in time.

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!!! :love:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:

What's the elastic trick? Now I'm curious??!!! :D

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
lizzyann01 said:
Yssie said:

What's the elastic trick? Now I'm curious??!!! :D

Check out this thread; [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/teaser-shots-of-new-ring.123053/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/teaser-shots-of-new-ring.123053/[/URL]

Bean, it's just gorgeous as a solitaire! Wear it in good health!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goodness, it looks amazing! It is so huuuuge!! Looks much larger as a solitaire. But then again, it is a large diamond!

Hmmm... it makes me doubt making my ring into a three-stone ::)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's crazy! it really does look bigger. Man, the brain is weird. I was thinking about flanking mine with pears thinking that it would make my center stone look bigger, but now I think it would make it look smaller!

Honestly, It still might look bigger.. but on my size 7-7.25 finger it just made my hands look chunky and the stone smaller.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth said:
That's crazy! it really does look bigger. Man, the brain is weird. I was thinking about flanking mine with pears thinking that it would make my center stone look bigger, but now I think it would make it look smaller!

I do think the center stone in a 3-stone setting looks slightly smaller than in a solitaire. Maybe more blingy, but smaller overall.

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
Incredible how much bigger it looks...I doubted it when you first brought changing your three stone to a solitaire a long time ago. But seriously, it looks AMAZING as a solitaire!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I am so surprised that the 3 stone was not the best look for your stone. Kudos for working it out and making that beauty the star of the show. :love:

steal- I think one of the reasons the other setting wasn't working was the way that the side stones were under the main stone. they were always partially covered up and were set lower so I've always felt it was a blob of diamonds. I would've kept it in that setting for a while had I not run into prong problems. I will get some shots of that later, but the prongs looked like they were "melting" ;(

One of my favorite 3-stone settings is Yssies, and I think with the 6 prong/ 3 prong look, it helps the center stone and side stones just WORK instead of them competing against each other. If I ever do a 3-stone look again, I hope to do one like that!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic! That stone deserves to be the star of the show! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results