shape
carat
color
clarity

It's here! .91 peachy-pink sapphire

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1st one sits very high whilst the 2nd (and 3rd) sits very low.

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Niel - Do you think the design is too high overall even if the sapphire wasn't just resting on top? You think the max height should be where the largest baguettes hits? Just making sure and I think I agree with this. What do you think about having the sapphire pop above the halo a little? If you cant tell already, I really want that stone to catch as much light as possible. :)

Chrono- Yes, I agree about the heights and I think I would be happy having something that hits in between the 1st and 2nd photos. What I wanted to show was the designs on the side and how they are lighter and more open than the wax model. I don't want my ring to look too heavy or bulky, I guess. I think that first pictures really shows off the center stone from the side and has a little bit more pizzazz as well but I could do without it sitting that high.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would try to have a more open setting for the sapphire, if you want to allow light in, rather than have it sit up high.

carmen1

Shiny_Rock
I'd prefer a lower-profile, and would remove a set of baguette sidestones so that it didn't step up so high, or as Niel suggested move one of the baguettes into the halo -- so the profile would be more like 2nd inspiration photo from 1st dibs.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if it may be better with the baguette. One in the halo, a step down next to it, then a step down to a plain bad, rather than a 3rd baguette. Most of our examples seme to only have one after the halo

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dknorris|1457026257|3999148 said:
Niel - Do you think the design is too high overall even if the sapphire wasn't just resting on top? You think the max height should be where the largest baguettes hits?wellt making sure and I think I agree with this. What do you think about having the sapphire pop above the halo a little? If you cant tell already, I really want that stone to catch as much light as possible. :)

Chrono- Yes, I agree about the heights and I think I would be happy having something that hits in between the 1st and 2nd photos. What I wanted to show was the designs on the side and how they are lighter and more open than the wax model. I don't want my ring to look too heavy or bulky, I guess. I think that first pictures really shows off the center stone from the side and has a little bit more pizzazz as well but I could do without it sitting that high.

Yes, we agree, its too high. I like lower profiles anyways, but I think too high makes it more prone for knocking about.

as for how to set it, I like to nuzzle the stone so the girdle is only slightly above the halo. I don't like it perched atop, becuase I think it knuzzled in makes it look more high end. Like the halo was made for the stone, rather than a stock setting

dknorris

Rough_Rock
I sent an email with my adjustments this afternoon. I asked for a slightly lower profile and the thinnest shank structurally possible as well as opening up the side to its max so the center stone would be more visible. Basically, I'm wanting to "lighten" up the whole setting and make it more dainty. To me, it looks rather heavy as it is right now but we are getting there I think!

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Niel - Just checking to see if you came across any side view photos of the style I'm going for? I'm curious to see what you come up with.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are basically what you already showed, but besides that, I also like when it's just one sliver cut out , like a cathedral

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Okay, I viewed the second wax model today and liked it more. The baguettes have been moved up into the halo and the profile is a little lower which I am happy with. They opened up the side windows more to allow for more light. The shank width is still not where I want it to be so I'm still pushing for that change because it is still too bulky for my liking. I really think that is what is throwing me off for this design. Where the shank meets the first baguette I want the baguette to be noticeably wider. I don't want the shank to taper outwards to be the exact same width of the baguette if that makes sense. Anyway, here is the second wax model!

_36684.jpg

_36685.jpg

_36686.jpg

_36687.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree as it sits right now it looks like they are trying to keep the shank the same width as the last baguette. I'd ask them to make it thinner as well

What's the word in the shank,are they adding gaps so it's not so much metal in the side view.

This is coming along well! I cannot wait to see the finished ring.

I'm just thinking out loud. I'm not even sure which side of the fence I lay. But do you think you need three baguettes or two?

dknorris

Rough_Rock
I'm wondering if I should tell them to not make the shank any wider than ___ millimeters?
I decided I'm okay with having just the one opening for the sapphire on each side. I like the three baguettes but with you, Niel, mentioning having only two I worry about the shank being too plain for me at that point because before this all started I was so set on having micro pave sides but then I saw that deco sapphire ring you posted and loved it. Now I'm wondering what if I only have two baguettes on each side with some micro pave that stops at 50% or 75% down the shank???

My jeweler is going to kill me.... :???:

I wish I knew photoshop so I could draw this out myself instead of so much back and forth btw the jeweler and designer. I feel like I'm not getting my vision across to them and every adjustment I make the designer has to re make the wax model. I asked if I could see renderings first but they said they do the renderings and wax together so basically the answer was no. That's fine I guess but it makes me feel guilty for sending it back so many times to make it perfect. Sorry for the rant. I guess its not giving me the wow factor just yet which has me worried but I know I'm on the right track.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think leaving the the third baguette is a good idea. I like that better than adding the one more element of the pave in the shank.

I'd save that for a pave wedding band, if it where me.

I'd ask for the shank to be 2.1mm

dknorris

Rough_Rock
I'll request the 2.1mm size. I measured that out this morning and like the look of it. I asked about making the melee smaller and the baguettes thinner in order to achieve a smaller shank width if its the support they are worried about.
Are there any other design ideas I can give them for the halo setting? I still want to open up the side view more. They said it is thick in order to support the halo but can a setting be constructed that doesn't look so bulky and still do the job on a ring like this? Maybe a prong setting with halo? Ehh..not sure how that would look though. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

I think between the 2.1mm shank and trimming up the baguette "walls" it will be much better but the side design I'm a little lost on...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep in mind also, that wax is just always a tad bulkier than the finished product.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To make it lighter, can't they mimic this wire like profile in the inspiration ring

ring4463_l.jpeg

ring4464_l.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, will the halo have the metal around the outside of the halo, like the examples here ?

picsart_19.jpg

_36700.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Sapphires do that color well. Sometimes peach spinels can shift and look a little bit tan.

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Ooohhh. I did not realize the wax would be a little thicker than the final product! Thank you for letting me know so I can keep that in mind moving forward. I find it hard to visualize the final look with these wax models anyway but now I feel more at ease and confident having that knowledge.

They are modeling the ring more after this one I think. I'm going to hang on to this look because while I like both styles I'm more drawn to the one without the metal rim around the halo.

That wire support underneath looks pretty awesome but I'll wait to see if they can make those side windows bigger and go from there.

sm-vemh.jpg

dknorris

Rough_Rock
innerkitten|1458087735|4005886 said:
Sapphires do that color well. Sometimes peach spinels can shift and look a little bit tan.

Yes, I agree! After seeing both options in person the blushy pink color of the sapphire just really popped out to me and showed the color very well.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any update?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results