shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s fixed..sort of...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Can''t wait for pics!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally, I''m so glad Leon has taken care of it and you guys are happy. I know you just can''t wait to have that baby back on your finger.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear it worked out for you!!!!! (Though this whole thing does make me hesitant to work with Leon in the future!)

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
*wipes brow*

Whew! Thank god he was able to fix it!

I can''t wait to hear when it arrives! I''m so happy and relieved for you Ally!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
It looks perfect to me!! Congratulations and be sure to post LOTS OF PICS!!!
36.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Dear ally,

I''m glad Leon tweaked it a bit more for you.

(why didn''t he do it in the first place? was he hoping ''good'' will be good enough for you? argh!!! but this is a discussion for another day
11.gif
)

Make sure u post heaps of handshots when you get it!

I''m with Firegoddess - this has made me leery of working with LM.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Ally-
I am coming in very very late on this, but after following the entire saga, I''m glad that you are (pending the shipped ring) happy with the end result.

I could see the initial problem in the pictures you posted, as some others did, and it looks much better to me in the later pic you posted.

I would like to add my 2 cents that you should NOT in any way have to pay for shipping OR replacement cost in this situation. The ring was initally missing a diamond, and needed to be resized. Should be free in both cases, regardless. Was sent back and unacceptable, shouldn''t have to pay for that either, not your fault. Don''t accept anything less than top customer service for your ring; you pay a premium, you should expect the best.

I am disappointed that you had to go through so much heartache on a botched resizing - it shouldn''t have happened in the first place, you shouldn''t have to pay for their mistake. Period.
14.gif

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ally!

I''m so happy the problem was resolved!
36.gif
I really hope you and your FI will fall in love with it when you pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

I can''t believe you''re paying so much for shipping...you shouldn''t have to pay for it since there was a problem with the ring.
38.gif

Radiantlover

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

Last night when Leon`s wife called us to give us the tracking number, my boyfriend and I wanted to speak to Leon to know why on wednesday, the issues with my ring could only be fixed by a remelt, but were subsequently done the next morning. Obviously we were confused, and we had both spent a rather sleepless night.

Well first of all, Leon is a friend of cute330xigrl (Chris) who is a friend of mine, who I had the pleasure of meeting last weekend when she came down to montreal. She is the one that referred me to Leon.

Now the problem with Leon is that he is severely booked, and therefore has started to delegate tasks (In the time of Reena`s ring, he was able to work on each ring more or less individually.) So when my ring was made the first time, Christina ( cute330xigrl ) called Leon to tell him to take special care of my case, and he promised he would work on my ring PERSONALLY. Which is why the ring was as technically perfect as humanly possible.

Now as many of you know, the sizing was done by another platinum smith in his shop, who ruined his work. So we returned the ring three weeks ago. Now when that happened, we told Leon to take his time because we didn`t want another episode. However, at the end of three weeks I started to get a bit antsy, and when Chris came to Montreal, I stared at her ring the whole night and really started missing mine. So I asked my boyfriend if he could get a finish date from Leon, because I was attacking my email hoping for an answer.

In any case, Leon gave my ring to another platinum smith with the instructions to "do everything possible to make it better"
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
. I assume because he didn`t have the time to do it himself. Now the guy (or gal) did everything possible, but he wasn`t able to restore it to it`s original form. So Leon looked at it, saw the defects and thought it was satisfactory, and asked us if we were ok with it. We said no, and he thought that to get it back to a point where I would be happy with it, needed a remelt. So that was discussed.

However, when he realized that we were REALLY, REALLY unhappy and really considering a remelt. He decided to take a second look, and this time HAVE A GO AT IT HIMSELF. Yes that`s right, the repairs were not done by him
7.gif
So he worked on it for a couple of hours on it, and fixed the problem
9.gif
. Good thing, but probably totally avoidable stress for both sides if he`d done the repairations himself. So this is what I`m saying, from what I gathered (no absoulute confirmation on this): sizing/ otherwise deemed minor work is not done by Leon, but delegated to other platinum smiths. Now replacing a stone is probably not that difficult, but for sizing that has miligrain on it....really not a good idea. So I wanted to let other people that are considering/or currently working with Leon that the work that he did himself, was by gorgeous. However.....more complex work such as sizing with miligrain (you should really, really insist that Leon do it himself.) As in have it signed in blood if necessary.

I hope the info helps others avoid the stress I encountered. And I really hope it`s the last issue I have with my ring.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful, Ally!! I''m very glad we''ve got a happy ending for you here.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad this worked out for you Ally...but what a fiasco. Obviously there is only one ''Leon'' but he should not be having the benchemn do the difficult stuff that people require HIM to do (or expect it) and if he is passing off work to others, he should make that clear when people are buying aka get it in writing, ITA. I don''t know if everyone would pay the ''LM pricing'' to find out that a benchman is working on it and Leon is maybe only handling it for all of 15 minutes. Kind of like going to the dentist where the nurse is with you for 55 minutes and the dentist comes in for 5 minutes to poke your teeth and say LOOKS GOOD!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 1:45:27 PM
Author: Mara
Kind of like going to the dentist where the nurse is with you for 55 minutes and the dentist comes in for 5 minutes to poke your teeth and say LOOKS GOOD!

Or being in labor for 36 hours and the nurses are with you the whole time, while the doctor comes in just when you are ready to push!!! I''m sorry, I don''t know where that came from!
2.gif

Ally,
I am happy that you are able to resolve this issue, but kind of upset that us NY gals couldn''t stop by Leon''s office to have a look!!! I hope when you get it you are completely satisfied.
9.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 7:28:15 PM
Author: butterfly 17

Date: 10/21/2005 1:45:27 PM
Author: Mara
Kind of like going to the dentist where the nurse is with you for 55 minutes and the dentist comes in for 5 minutes to poke your teeth and say LOOKS GOOD!

Or being in labor for 36 hours and the nurses are with you the whole time, while the doctor comes in just when you are ready to push!!! I''m sorry, I don''t know where that came from!
2.gif

Ally,
I am happy that you are able to resolve this issue, but kind of upset that us NY gals couldn''t stop by Leon''s office to have a look!!! I hope when you get it you are completely satisfied.
9.gif
I do. That''s why I went with a midwife for both of mine. They were there the whole time.
9.gif
Sorry for the hijack, Ally. We now send you back to your regularly scheduled drool.

shay

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Ally, I have only just spotted your post today and have read through it all. I have to agree that I could see the imperfections in your first pictures. However, the last picture looks fabulous. You definitely deserve to have your ring back in the same condition that it left you, at no extra charge. I''m so glad to hear that it''s looking good, but proof will be in the pudding when it arrives. I truly hope it is in great shape because it''s a gorgeous ring. I''m waiting in anticipation for your thoughts once it arrives. Good luck!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow... I just had exams yesterday and did not get to read this thread until right now. but- still.. WOW. I was really leaning heavily toward a Leon ring when the time for THE upgrade eventually comes. And as much as I still love his work, I don''t know if it''s worth this sort of hassle. I cannot even BELIEVE that he allowed your ring to be shipped out to you in that state. And then to have it "fixed" by someone else, to anything less than its oriniginal form and to tell you that it should be good enough for you. HOLY CRAP, he must be obscenely arrogant.

I think the only way I would ever consider a Leon in the future is to have it in writing that he would make the ring himself... but after this episode, yikes. We went custom with my current ring, and that experience was bad enough. Not sure if I can take doing it again, especially when Leon does not seem terribly concerned with making his customers happy.

I''m so glad you have your ring back finally though ally, and in its appropriate state. I know how much it totally sucks to get engaged and then not have your ring!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Glad it''s fixed to your satisfaction. You have been incredibly patient and understanding.

I too have been seriously considering Leon for a future project. Not anymore after this story. There appear to be just too many jewelers catching up to that style and quality of work at more reasonable prices and better customer service.

Hope your happy ally.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Ally, did you get your ring yet? I hope everything worked out. It''s a beautfiul ring. Congratulations!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I just wanted to know if you ever got your ring back and how it turned out. I am not sure if you posted a new thread or not, but I was just curious!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results