shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s finally on my finger....and I think it''s beautiful...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
Well here it is....it''s taken me forever to get around to posting it, but then better late than never....
Thanks again for all the advice.

I don''t seem to be able to take such great pics as I''ve seen here from other posters....my ring looks a little flat with the pics I''ve taken....she must be a little shy, cause she sparkles like mad when she''s not in front of the camera...hehe...

dazzled1.jpg

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
....and another one....
36.gif

dazzled11.jpg

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
I think she''s just so pretty from the front as well....
1.gif

dazzled15.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
She's beautiful!!! Do you have any specs on her? I love the second shot, I can see the arrows. You take fine photographs!! I love the profile as well, it's neat that you are able to see the culet.

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
Oh thankyou, I''m obviously biased but I love the way that the stone sits over the ring...

Here are the specs -

2.12ct Round Brilliant
Meas 8.31 - 8.35 x 5.03mm
D SI1 - eye clean
Depth 60.4%
Table 57%
Crown angle 34.0''
Crown Hght 14.5%
Pavilion Angle 40.8''
Pavilion Depth 43.0%
Girdle - Thin to Medium faceted
Culet - None
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Flourescence - Faint
GIA Cert

We looked at so many and rejected lots....but this was the only one that ''asked'' to come home with us...hehe...

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
That is yummy! I especially love the profile shot. Do you mind sharing where you got the setting?

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
I''m an Aussie (and a lover of vegemite)....so we purchased this stone and setting where we live in Sydney....

I wanted a platinum setting and so decided on the pave sides and crown? to minimize any patina....and just because I''m a fan of all things sparkly...
The wedding band has been made with a full circle of the pave to match the sides....

My darling boy is feeling very chuffed with himself....he loves it...

lizelle

Rough_Rock
6.gif

That is goooorgeousssss! You''re a very lucky lady!

I''m from Sydney too and am looking for a jeweller to get some custom jewellery made. Can I ask who you went with?

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lizelle....my boy and I looked everywhere....I was originally looking for a cushion, fell in love with a 3.8ct Daniel K cushion from Hardy Bros....but the $180.000 price tag put us off....hehe....(I dream!)

I made finding the ''right'' diamond my priority and looked at lots of different vendors, including online vendors....I''m very happy with my sparkler....armed with all the research from here, I got the best cut, colour, carat we could and sacraficed a bit on clarity....but then, truly, a good SI1 that''s eyeclean is gorgeous - and none of my friends walk around with a loupe in their pocket!
My setting and diamond is from Cerrone....and from start to finish of working with them, they where fab....
I think half the battle is going around trying on styles....if only to find out what you don''t like!

Good luck....and congratulations on your engagement, it''s such a magical time....

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
oops, I just reread your post....you may not even be after an ER....sorry!, I think I''m infected with engagement/wedding virus....it''s addled my brain....

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yummy!
Right at one of my favorite sweet spots too spec wise.
Congrates!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous...

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Sweet spot, I''ll say! Wow, congrats! That is such a wonderful stone and the setting is so different - really tasteful and elegant. What an eye-catcher! Wear it in good health, nomissjane!

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
beautiful
face23.gif
love that side profile
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous -- congratulations!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is simply gorgeous! It is nice when they look just as pretty from the side!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH wow, it''s beyond stunning!!!! LOVE the setting!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a beautiful ring!
36.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2006 3:19:43 AM
Author: kcoursolle
She''s beautiful!!! Do you have any specs on her? I love the second shot, I can see the arrows. You take fine photographs!! I love the profile as well, it''s neat that you are able to see the culet.
Hi Kcoursolle

If you referring to the small circle in those photos, that is not the culet. In those photos I cant make out the culet as it is really small.

If it is the small "circle" just a tad away from the center, that is a phonomenon I call the "pavilion depth circle". It actually is a reflection, not something that exists in the stone like an inclusion. The smaller that circle appears the shallower the pavilion of the stone is. The larger is appears the deeper the stone is, but that is also related to shallowness in the crown, and the size of the table too. When it gets large enough to reach the edges of the table, the stone becomes a "fisheye". This is for round diamonds only though.

The size of that PDC is indicitive of a finely proportioned round diamond.

Rockdoc

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2006 10:24:45 AM
Author: RockDoc

She''s beautiful!!! Do you have any specs on her? I love the second shot, I can see the arrows. You take fine photographs!! I love the profile as well, it''s neat that you are able to see the culet.
Hi Kcoursolle

If you referring to the small circle in those photos, that is not the culet. In those photos I cant make out the culet as it is really small.

If it is the small ''circle'' just a tad away from the center, that is a phonomenon I call the ''pavilion depth circle''. It actually is a reflection, not something that exists in the stone like an inclusion. The smaller that circle appears the shallower the pavilion of the stone is. The larger is appears the deeper the stone is, but that is also related to shallowness in the crown, and the size of the table too. When it gets large enough to reach the edges of the table, the stone becomes a ''fisheye''. This is for round diamonds only though.

Rockdoc
rockdoc, i don''t know what you''re talking about LOL I mean I do - but in the pic, the circle of diamonds that goes around the pavillion hides most of the pav except the tip and while true, there might be "none" culet, kc is still referring to the pointed part of the pavillion peeking out under the bar LOL

BTW what you describe above I can see in my cushion as well. Unless you were just referring to the fisheye part.... mine doesn''t have that I don''t think.

Pretty ring NMJ :)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

She's beautiful!!! Do you have any specs on her? I love the second shot, I can see the arrows. You take fine photographs!! I love the profile as well, it's neat that you are able to see the culet.

Hi Kcoursolle

If it is the small 'circle' just a tad away from the center, that is a phonomenon I call the 'pavilion depth circle'. It actually is a reflection, not something that exists in the stone like an inclusion. The smaller that circle appears the shallower the pavilion of the stone is. The larger is appears the deeper the stone is, but that is also related to shallowness in the crown, and the size of the table too. When it gets large enough to reach the edges of the table, the stone becomes a 'fisheye'. This is for round diamonds only though.

Rockdoc
So THAT'S what that little circle is!!! I've always wondered. Thanks for the explanation! (Sorry to threadjack nomissjane, but I have just one question for Rockdoc!) So Rockdoc -- my PDC is visible in certain lighting conditions, when I'm looking straight-on at the stone, and it's not big and it's not tiny either. It is dead center when I look at it head-on. It has the diameter of a piece of Fiber One cereal -- kind of a lame-o comparison but I'm eating cereal right now, hehe. Having a visible PDC is not an indication of poor cut quality, is it?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nomissjane -- your ring is gorgeous!!! That side profile is stunning and very unique. I love the crisp arrows. Well done!!!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I was referring to the face up photo.

Rockdoc

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Kcoursolle

If it is the small ''circle'' just a tad away from the center, that is a phonomenon I call the ''pavilion depth circle''. It actually is a reflection, not something that exists in the stone like an inclusion. The smaller that circle appears the shallower the pavilion of the stone is. The larger is appears the deeper the stone is, but that is also related to shallowness in the crown, and the size of the table too. When it gets large enough to reach the edges of the table, the stone becomes a ''fisheye''. This is for round diamonds only though.

Rockdoc

Oh so you can get deep pavillion fish eyes as well as shallow pavillion fish eyes then??

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hi Kcoursolle

If it is the small 'circle' just a tad away from the center, that is a phonomenon I call the 'pavilion depth circle'. It actually is a reflection, not something that exists in the stone like an inclusion. The smaller that circle appears the shallower the pavilion of the stone is. The larger is appears the deeper the stone is, but that is also related to shallowness in the crown, and the size of the table too. When it gets large enough to reach the edges of the table, the stone becomes a 'fisheye'. This is for round diamonds only though.

Rockdoc
I was referring to the last pic where you can see the very bottom tip of the diamond from the side view. I should be more specific about my writing.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
That is stunning! Congratulations.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Simply beautiful!
(both the ring and the photography!)

THANKS for sharing

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I was referring to the last pic where you can see the very bottom tip of the diamond from the side view. I should be more specific about my writing.

I just misunderstood when you wrote "culet". Gemologically speaking, you can''t see the culet except from the face up view.

If you had written tip of the pavilion, I would have understood it.

Sorry.

Rockdoc

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
If it is a deep stone it wouldn''t get a "fisheye"..... it would be more of the "nailhead" appearance.

If I have time, I''ll post the chart from the GIA on this...... but I stink at graphics.

The size of the PDC is the photos, is "just right". If you look at the move average proportioned stone images you''ll see the PDC is larger. Based on the size of the PDC we can "guestimate" the pavilion depth by sight, when measuring it because it is set is not possible.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results