shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s finally on my finger....and I think it''s beautiful...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring - the stone is highlighted so nicely and I love the detail on the head and the band!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that is such a stunning ring

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Boy, does that stone pop!

She''s a little diva, isn''t she? Just look at her posing!!!!

LOL. Stunning ring!
36.gif

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
hehe....couldn''t help myself....

Thanks everyone so much for your compliments....I''ve spent hours looking at all your gorgeous E rings and feel rather proud to finally have my own...
I''m a bit in love with the way the culet just peeks out from the setting....
Thanks RockDoc, you''ve got such a good eye...

I''m trying hard not to get obsessive about it, but I''ll keep trying to take some better photos, I''ve seen some amazing shots here from everyone else - but then I remember Mara saying once that out of about 200 you might only get about 5 good ones....I don''t want my fiance to think I''ve completely lost my mind.

dazzled5.jpg

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congratulations!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love love the side view!!!
30.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I echo that lovely profile shot -- I love seeing the culet!

Maybe I'm crazy, but sometimes I feel like when I see a diamond's culet, I should say, "Excuse me!" Like I walked into a lady's dressing room and accidentally saw her ankle or something. You know how in the olden days, to see a woman's ankle was highly scandalous due to those long hoop skirts? It's just that you never see a diamond's culet these days. So when you do, it's very unexpected!

OK, maybe I am nuts! LOL.

ETA: Oops, I meant "tip of pavilion" -- thanks RocDoc!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nomissjane it is a very beautiful diamond, rare color and and an unusual ring setting, very different side view.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2006 4:19:45 PM
Author: RockDoc

If it is a deep stone it wouldn''t get a ''fisheye''..... it would be more of the ''nailhead'' appearance.

If I have time, I''ll post the chart from the GIA on this...... but I stink at graphics.

The size of the PDC is the photos, is ''just right''. If you look at the move average proportioned stone images you''ll see the PDC is larger. Based on the size of the PDC we can ''guestimate'' the pavilion depth by sight, when measuring it because it is set is not possible.

Rockdoc

Thanks it is just when you wrote

The smaller that circle appears the shallower the pavilion of the stone is. The larger is appears the deeper the stone is, but that is also related to shallowness in the crown, and the size of the table too. When it gets large enough to reach the edges of the table, the stone becomes a ''fisheye''.

So I thought the stone was getting deeper as the circle got larger so a fish eye would be a deep stone. I take it you mean the stone would not be deep because the crown is shallow but the pavillion would be deep.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, that''s a STUNNER!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Gorgeous diamond, gorgeous setting.

YUM!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2006 11:28:13 AM
I was referring to the face up photo.

Rockdoc
boy we have 3 different things going on lol - I knew what kc was talking about (the point of the pavillion) but I thought YOU were talking about that ring that you can see around the pavillion from the side view (which it would be covered up in this ring) and I have no idea what it is called.... too funny lol ::babbles::

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2006 6:30:21 PM
Author: Julian

Maybe I''m crazy, but sometimes I feel like when I see a diamond''s culet, I should say, ''Excuse me!'' Like I walked into a lady''s dressing room and accidentally saw her ankle or something. You know how in the olden days, to see a woman''s ankle was highly scandalous due to those long hoop skirts? It''s just that you never see a diamond''s culet these days. So when you do, it''s very unexpected!

ETA: Oops, I meant ''tip of pavilion'' -- thanks RocDoc!
I would suggest the acronym "TOP" but it could REALLY get confusing then!!!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2006 7:06:13 PM
Author: Pyramid

Date: 12/5/2006 4:19:45 PM

If it is a deep stone it wouldn''t get a ''fisheye''..... it would be more of the ''nailhead'' appearance.

If I have time, I''ll post the chart from the GIA on this...... but I stink at graphics.

The size of the PDC is the photos, is ''just right''. If you look at the move average proportioned stone images you''ll see the PDC is larger. Based on the size of the PDC we can ''guestimate'' the pavilion depth by sight, when measuring it because it is set is not possible.

Rockdoc

Thanks it is just when you wrote

The smaller that circle appears the shallower the pavilion of the stone is. The larger is appears the deeper the stone is, but that is also related to shallowness in the crown, and the size of the table too. When it gets large enough to reach the edges of the table, the stone becomes a ''fisheye''.

So I thought the stone was getting deeper as the circle got larger so a fish eye would be a deep stone. I take it you mean the stone would not be deep because the crown is shallow but the pavillion would be deep.

Bingo!

bae7

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/5/2006 6:30:21 PM
Author: Julian

Maybe I''m crazy, but sometimes I feel like when I see a diamond''s culet, I should say, ''Excuse me!'' Like I walked into a lady''s dressing room and accidentally saw her ankle or something. You know how in the olden days, to see a woman''s ankle was highly scandalous due to those long hoop skirts? It''s just that you never see a diamond''s culet these days. So when you do, it''s very unexpected!

ETA: Oops, I meant ''tip of pavilion'' -- thanks RocDoc!
Cracked me up!

That is one GORGEOUS ring!!

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
wow, that''s a beautiful ring. Can I ask where you got the sparklie!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love it! It is really stunning!

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
WOW!

Gorgeous diamond....!
I just love that settings side profile. Very cool!

Congrats!

lizelle

Rough_Rock
Lol! That''s ok I understand, a friend of mine just got engaged and within a second she has transformed into a new woman ;-) You''re right it is a magical time especially so close to Christmas, congratulations :) My boy and I aren''t quite up to that yet though, I was looking to get a diamond pendant done and maybe some earrings I''ll check Cerrone out, I think they''re on Castlereagh St right?

Just had a look at your profile pic, beautiful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results