shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s done! A 1.60 J SI2 has found a new home...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!! Welcome to the world of ''J'' diamonds. My e-ring is also a J and I think it is just beautiful (alot easier on the old wallet too!!!
emotion-5.gif
) Enjoy!

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Mara,

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of your new ring. I checked early this morning to see if there was any news. You are the only person I know who has gotten "engaged" to the same man three times in one year.
I posted this on another thread. I was in Tiffany a few weeks ago. The store was empty and a salesperson insisted that I have some fun trying on rings even though I told him I was just looking. I tried on a 4+ carat D and H and a 5 carat F. I could not tell the difference between the D and the H. The F looked darker than the H to me.
I think it really depends on the actual stone in addition to the grade as Brian told you that the other J had a steely look. I am sure your new stone will be the star of Pricescope for a while. Best of luck.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2005 8:53:54 PM
Author: Mara
Oh and something that I kept forgetting to mention...

The GIA cert is dated on my birthday .... in 2004 it was my 30th. This diamond was graded on my 30th bday!
Oh my gosh! This would be a deal sealer for me. Can''t wait to hear from you when you get it in your hot little hands!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2005 11
6.gif
7:24 AM
Author: solange
Mara,

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of your new ring. I checked early this morning to see if there was any news.
Sadly, us eastcoasters will have to wait until afternoon. Mara''s on Pacific Coast time - gauranteed delivery time will be 1:30 our time.
39.gif

Mara, it really is visually MUCH larger looking.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well I just checked FedEx and the package has arrived at the holding facility, so figure I'll go get it on the way to work...I will definitely update with my thoughts!
30.gif

pictures will come later this afternoon when I get back home!! Greg was sneaky and slipped in another rehearsal this week, when I complained, he pointed out that he bought the upgraded diamond...tricky tricky!! I wonder how long he will play that one?! so I will have some time this evening alone with the digital camera!
2.gif

diamondlil...I don't think it's got a girdle inscription though maybe the GIA #? I'll have to look at the paperwork when it gets here.

oh and solange, i've gotten enaged 3 times in 2.5 years..hehe I'm not SO bad that it's only been one!
31.gif

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
so ...
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

P.S. the pics look gorg!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Yowza....yowza...yowza!!!! Mara, I love it and can't wait for the hand shots!!!!! I'm shocked it's a J, it does look white...white...white. I figured you were up to something, but I've been waiting for you to show us an asscher right hand ring
11.gif

Can't wait for more pics
35.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOHHHH!!!!! Mara, why do you have to be two time zones away??
16.gif

alright. I will be checking the computer periodically to see some pics!!!

Have fun!!!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ITS HERE!!!

I picked it up and it's friggin FABULOUS. I can't think of another word for it..oh wait...BIG...HUGE!

It honestly looks monstrous to me, almost like a 2c...which is funny since even I obviously do not know what a 2c looks like if I think this is it.

My e-ring definitely looks a tad thinner, not sure how much exactly but I would estimate maybe 2.7 instead of 2.9 and I think it makes a wee difference. The two rings together look amazing, my e-ring is all polished and pretty now and just all I can say is that the diamond looks huge!

In terms of any color, I have not seen one whit so far..in the car it looked the same icy blue white that my old diamond did in the car (my car interior is blue), I guess if I scrutinized it from the side (which I have not done other than a quick glance) I could *maybe* see a tiny bit of warmth, but even the side sparkles too so that is hard to focus on. As has been discussed in the past, there is no YELLOW in a stone like this, but rather maybe a tiny bit of warmth rather than a super icy cold white. It looks really great on my hand and jeez the diamond looks huge!
9.gif

I really like it! Not just the size but the sparkles too, it looks a bit different than my old stone though it is very hard to say HOW exactly. Possibly more scintillation which is fascinating me. The sparkles are mesmerizing!

So now I am at work where I can continue to ogle it in between emails under the fabulous overhead office lights.

Pictures to come when I get home....

Edited to add..my boss just walked by and asked what is new so I showed her the ring, she said 'it DOES look huge!'...HEE!
31.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
how very exciting!!!
36.gif

how are you ever going to get any work done!?

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I''m at work right now, but wanted to quickly log in and say Oooh Mara! I knew you''d love it! Believe me when I say, with the way that that M colored stone looked in a 3 carat range, I thought you''d be ok with a J. You now can see what I was trying to describe as "warmth" but not an ugly color at all. Some people prefer the icy white and there''s nothing wrong with that, but if you''re open to seeing "warmth" these stones are a great buy!
1.gif

Luv

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
yeeeeee!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

So excited for you! Cannot wait until you post pics!

Oh man, I can''t wait to experience that feeling - having a new, bigger rock sitting on my finger.....

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

deny

Rough_Rock
You need to find some excuse to leave work early so you can get those pictures to us!! I am happy you love it. Congrats and hurry home!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh I normally work from home in the afternoons, I have a client meeting at 2:30 but I should be home and snapping away by 3pm PST!
9.gif

one other comment, I adore how the head was modified on this ring! It sits a bit lower than previously, or maybe it is that the diamond is larger and the head is the same size so it just looks better proportioned and not quite so 'stuck' on the top. It looks more appropriate to the ring if that makes sense and seems to make the diamond look larger from the side. Whee!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara

This is off topic but thought I would post here.

I have always thought that your husband reminds me of one of the QVC presenters in the UK. Ofcourse, I have never seen either of them in real life so maybe not but thought I would post the link to his picture here to see if you thought so.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukgasp/frameset.asp?focus=PresenterMain.html

Oh the link just gives the main screen the one I am meaning is Charlie Brook you can click on his name at the left.

Comparing with your wedding picture - I think they may have different jawlines but I see a likeness.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well Mara, it's all your fault. I went to my jeweler this morning to check out the new setting I want. When i looked at it last week he put a 1.7 H&A round in it to show me. Well, i took my stone in today and he put it in the setting and my poor guy was swallowed up and he's not small at all at 1.19 carats. Anyway, after some discussion and me thinking about your "J" upgrade i decided to trade up my stone. So, now my jeweler is on the look out for a 1.5 J SI1 or SI2 stone for me. Poor Hubby... He said after we get my ring he get a huge chuck of $$$ to blow on something for himself
3.gif

Congrats on your great find and early upgrade....can't wait for those pics..
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh you bad, bad, WICKED girl!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

HOW EXCITING! And HOW GORGEOUS!
30.gif
I thought something was up with your Priority/Registered Mail Update and your "Hmmm... just wondering... no reason at all really... but um, just how does a ''J'' look in platinum... ?" threads!
11.gif

WOW! Woo HOO! I am soooo excited for you! The photos are absolutely glorious, and I can''t wait for the hand shots. Don''t forget to post some old ones for a comparison, too... you know us!
2.gif

And the specs... we need the specs to drool over, too! You know you can''t omit any single detail here! We''ll hound you to death until we are satisfied!
2.gif

Oh, I am pleased as punch for you! "Tickled pink", as my grandma would say. CONGRATULATIONS!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You done good. REAL GOOD!!!
31.gif

Lynn

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it, I''m sure it''s absolutely gorgeous!!!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2005 2:45:45 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Well Mara, it''s all your fault. I went to my jeweler this morning to check out the new setting I want. When i looked at it last week he put a 1.7 H&A round in it to show me. Well, i took my stone in today and he put it in the setting and my poor guy was swallowed up and he''s not small at all at 1.19 carats. Anyway, after some discussion and me thinking about your ''J'' upgrade i decided to trade up my stone. So, now my jeweler is on the look out for a 1.5 J SI1 or SI2 stone for me. Poor Hubby... He said after we get my ring he get a huge chuck of $$$ to blow on something for himself
3.gif

Congrats on your great find and early upgrade....can''t wait for those pics..
36.gif
haha that''s hilarious!! I am such the instigator I guess!! Tell your husband it''s my fault. Just like I blame alj for finding me fabulous stones I must upgrade to!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn I know you guys knew something was up!!! I can''t hide a darn thing around here!
31.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see the new diamond!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
Congrats on your new diamond! Looks beautiful
36.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
The pictures look beautiful so far! I can''t wait to see more! Now, how long until shrinkage sets in?
31.gif

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
Waiting here ...
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, you're actually pretty predictable, Mara.
27.gif

I recall the last upgrade, which you didn't announce until you sealed the deal, either.

It's 6:10 in my time zone...I'm surprised there aren't any pics yet...

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this sucks, I have an appointment I have to go to at 5:30 CDT. Be back later, and those pics better be on here Mara!!!!
28.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Where are those pics?!!!
7.gif

dtexan

Rough_Rock
Mara,

You''ve built up such incredible suspense that we are all on pins and needles refreshing the page every few minutes. It feels like we''re waiting for our very own ring :) Still waiting....

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the newest upgrade Mara!! WF''s pics look amazing, but I want to see hand pics!!! I want hand pics now!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Looks like I''ll have to wait till tomorrow to see them, I have to leave work now!
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha my meeting ran late then I had to eat lunch....

okay I''ve got the first set of pics now I just have to get them into a collage and upload them!!

so far my favorite is the ring in my home office, it picks up indirect light and shoots tons of rainbows back to the eye!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results