Welcome back! :appl:
And sorry for your loss. :(2

DK :))

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh Jordy!
Congratulations!!!
Your little man is sooooo beautiful!!!!!!

Thanks for bringing your joy to this thread!!!

Looks like Finn's inherited your sexy receding hairline.
That's a manly testosterone thing. :twisted: :whistle:

Thanks Kenny, and I haven't officially said it as I didn't want to assume anything when I posted early - but I am so sorry to hear about your partner. I hope your PS family brings a smile to your face during these tough times.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Daisys and Diamonds.
That is thoughtful of you, but I really don't mind.

I've noticed, as often is the case, that I'm in the minority on this - not minding if my threads just go wherever they go.
But maybe this is because I'm so open minded that my brain fell out. :???:

It's all good. :))
oh Kenny you seem like such a real good sort
its going to be a pleasure to share a small part of the internet with you =)2

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back Kenny.

Deepest sympathies for the loss of your partner. Grieving does take many shapes and forms, and time can make it more manageable. Sending big hugs...

I have missed you and, when you posted my my SMTB thread, I had to come see if this is for real.

Welcome home....

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's sooooo good to see you here again, Kenny! Welcoming your return in general & we all are looking forward to, e.g., renewed sharing of your FCD knowledge & your photography pointers (no one has quite filled those shoes in your absence).

Deepest condolences on the life-altering loss of your longtime partner. I hope that PS will be a bright spot for you & that you know how many hearts are with you.

P.S. As you say, "People vary," but offering true apologies isn't easy for many of us. The humility and sincerity of yours was very moving.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jordy, Your son is so beautiful. Enjoy every moment with this sweet little guy. You have so much fun awaiting you.

Sorry for the threadjack Kenny. I just couldn’t resist commenting on that sweet little face!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, Kenny!:wavey: I am terribly sorry about the loss of your partner. I hope you are okay.

I am not on hangout much, so I do not recall the thread you were speaking about, but I do thank you for the sincere apology. People do vary and I always believe it is best to be kind respectful to each other. This world would be a much better place if we could all try to do that. I am so happy to see you here again!

(@Maria D That was a powerful video, and that young man was showing what his beliefs really mean.)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back @kenny! I am so very sorry for the loss of your partner. What a difficult time you have had. :cry2: I hope being back on PS provides you some distraction and helps lift your spirits a little. <3 <3 <3

amoline

Shiny_Rock
I was not even a PS member at the time, I believe, but the stories are indeed legendary.

Sorry to hear of your hardship, Kenny, and glad to exist on PS in the same time as you. :)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Kenny,

Welcome back to PS. You have been greatly missed!
I am so sorry for your loss.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I posted earlier welcome back! :dance: What is your first topic post back going to be? :think:It has been such a long time.....

WhitePeonia

Rough_Rock
Welcome back, Kenny!
We have really missed you and often thought of you =)2
I am very sorry for your loss.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kenny!! So glad you’re home! You’ve been sorely missed around here and thought of often!

How are you doing? So sorry about your SO.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, Kenny!! You've been on our minds and it's so great to see you. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your partner. How are you faring? Thinking of you....

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
So glad to see you back, Kenny, and hope the sun comes back into your life and heart soon.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, Kenny! You have been missed. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your partner. :cry2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for so many thoughtful affectionate posts.
It really has lifted my spirits immensely.
You guys and gals are wonderful!

Finally got some time to reply to a few posts that call out for a specific response ...
How are the pups? And your bird? ...

Soon I'll start a new thread about the critters.

Sstracci2000 I LOVE your avatar.
Who's the artist?

Welcome back Kenny! We’ve missed you!
91BCC9A5-87B8-486D-8F53-129A35E04DC2.gif
OMG Bonfire, this is sooo cute! :D

... You know I became a different person after having a stroke, I look back and don't even recognize the old me and can't make heads or tails of why I did and said some of the things I did.

People change (and vary) and it's all good.

Thank you, for bringing up how dramatic events can fundamentally change us.
I do feel very different.
I don't feel as light and happy go lucky as I have in the past.
Some dark clouds still linger from this.
Honestly I'm not sure I have it in me to contribute to PS the same way I have in the past.
And reading things like being 'legendary' on PS make the pressure to live up to something worse.
I guess all I can promise is to just carry on and make the best of things and see how it goes.
One day at a time.

Honestly, not to seem ungrateful for your generous kindness here, but I look forward to this thread sinking into oblivion.
I'm anxious to move on from the pain of this period.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for so many thoughtful affectionate posts.
It really has lifted my spirits immensely.
You guys and gals are wonderful!

Finally got some time to reply to a few posts that call out for a specific response ...

Soon I'll start a new thread about the critters.

Who's the artist?

OMG Bonfire, this is sooo cute! :D

Thank you, for bringing up how dramatic events can fundamentally change us.
I do feel very different.
I don't feel as light and happy go lucky as I have in the past.
Some dark clouds still linger from this.
Honestly I'm not sure I have it in me to contribute to PS the same way I have in the past.
And reading things like being 'legendary' on PS make the pressure to live up to something worse.
I guess all I can promise is to just carry on and make the best of things and see how it goes.
One day at a time.

Honestly, not to seem ungrateful for your generous kindness here, but I look forward to this thread sinking into oblivion.
I'm anxious to move on from the pain of this period.

Kenny, don't feel pressure to live up to what you think are others expectations of you. Just be you and feel whatever and however you are feeling. That is enough. To just be who you are and feel what you feel. Do not worry about what others think or want from you. It doesn't matter. Your friends will care about you no matter what. There are many people here who care about you.

And that is my motto too after this past summer. One day at a time. And when that gets to be too much I take it one hour at a time and one minute at a time if necessary.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry about the loss of your partner and the doggos-- wishing up a much better year ahead for you. It's nice to see you back in whatever way works for you at the moment.

Gorgeous bird, by the way!

mr_kroshka

Rough_Rock
It’s good to see you again Kenny. So sorry for your loss.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who's the artist?
Kenny,
I have loved this painting since I was a teenager. It is a masterpiece.
Here is what Wikipedia says about the painter and subject.
"The Princesse de Broglie (French La Princesse de Brogli) is an oil on canvas painting by the French Neoclassical artist Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres. Completed between 1851 and 1853, it shows Pauline de Broglie, who adopted the courtesy title princess, and married Albert de Broglie, the 28th Prime Minister of France in 1845. Pauline was aged 28 at the time of its completion. She was highly intelligent, widely known for her beauty, but suffered from profound shyness, and the painting captures her melancholia. Pauline contracted tuberculosis in her early 30s and died in 1860 aged 35. Although Albert lived until 1901, he was heartbroken and did not remarry.
The painting is held in the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, and is signed and dated 1853."

I cropped it to fit, but below is the entire painting. The way Ingres handled the satin and lace is truly remarkable.
Ingres_Princess_Albert_de_Broglie.jpg

Last edited:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, Kenny!

My delight at "seeing" you is tempered by my sadness on hearing about your loss.

I'm truly sorry.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why would you want me to break PS like that? :lol:

Ahahahahahhaaa! :lol:

Jody, I haven't been on PS much for quite a few months, so I missed the news about your baby. Congratulations, he's a stunner!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, howdy doody, PS is now back to normal for me, Kenny you were so missed it was sometimes painful, so glad you have come back. So sorry about your partner, my most sincere "I am so sorry" nothing compares to losing our partner in life.. no words I can say to make it better, but I am so glad to read you are back.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Welcome back and sincere condolences on the loss of your partner. You have a special place in my heart for being a caregiver. Please know that your responses here have influenced many and I look forward to reading your intelligent and authentic posts.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I was overwhelmed with grief and anger because my partner was dying.
I fully realize this is absolutely no excuse or defense...

Not where I come from ,(

Your coming back with good news is a very beautiful gesture! This forum is many things at once.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results