carat
color
clarity

It's been a year and a half ...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny! ❤️❤️

seeing this thread has brightened my day! Don’t ever feel to embarrassed to come home. You are loved and valued here for who you are. I understand your tough year ( as I am in the midst of one) and sometimes just getting out of bed is all you can do. While your loss is profoundly painful, you have great memories. To love and lose is better than to have never loves at all. I hope you and the “”kids” are all doing much better!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back Kenny! I have missed you, too.

Condolences on the loss of your SO. Hopefully being able to “talk” to your PS friends here will help you navigate through the difficult and painful grieving process.

I’m glad you’re back!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have missed you!!! Welcome back and big hugs to you.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back @kenny and I am sorry for your loss.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back, friend! We're all glad to see you again.

I'm sorry that you did not have the support of this community during days when you might have needed us most. Please know that we kept you in our thoughts, and sent out more than a few prayers your way . . . er, good thoughts and fairy dust, that is. ;)2

It's good to have you back. I don't come aboard as much as I used to, but even I have missed you in my once-in-a-blue-moon visits here.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny,
I have loved this painting since I was a teenager. It is a masterpiece.
Here is what Wikipedia says about the painter and subject.
"The Princesse de Broglie (French La Princesse de Brogli) is an oil on canvas painting by the French Neoclassical artist Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres. Completed between 1851 and 1853, it shows Pauline de Broglie, who adopted the courtesy title princess, and married Albert de Broglie, the 28th Prime Minister of France in 1845. Pauline was aged 28 at the time of its completion. She was highly intelligent, widely known for her beauty, but suffered from profound shyness, and the painting captures her melancholia. Pauline contracted tuberculosis in her early 30s and died in 1860 aged 35. Although Albert lived until 1901, he was heartbroken and did not remarry.
The painting is held in the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, and is signed and dated 1853."

I cropped it to fit, but below is the entire painting. The way Ingres handled the satin and lace is truly remarkable.
Ingres_Princess_Albert_de_Broglie.jpg

I love this Ingres painting too!
The detail in her dress and in the gold chair are astonishing.
You can practically hear the rustling of her satin dress .

Before photography made it somewhat redundant, painting realistically had advance to such a high level.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again, thanks to everyone for such an open-arm :kiss2: reception.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back.
Seems that it was a hard year, so many losses. Please accept my compassion and condolences.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found three other threads in which you posted before I saw this one. We have been in Pismo for the last couple weeks....so I posted in the other but want to say here- I am so sorry for your loss and pain. I am so happy you are back.
Many of us were afraid that you were going through a deep heartache. We hoped it wasn't so. We worried. We hoped you would come back.I have no recollection of anything offensive that you said to anyone. I am saddened by your loss and hope you have much happiness ahead of you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Pismo Beach.

Does Pismo still make those tequila-flavored suckers with a real worm inside?

Yum Yum.

Yummy.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results