shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s 73 outside

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 9:01:03 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 12/18/2009 5:05:47 PM
Author: lovegem
show off!

I wish I live in California....

Tell me something bad about CA, so I would feel better about living in the northeast.
9.gif
Um, our state bankrupt, more public services will have to be cut this year, the amount we pay in property taxes would make your stomach turn, you can't buy a decent home where I live (San Diego County) for under $400,000 (and that's really stretching it), and California is definitely not what you see on TV (the middle and northern parts of our state are a completely different world than the stretch from L.A. to San Diego and the bay area) Need I continue or do you feel better now?
11.gif

That being said, my husband was offered a job in Chicago, a city we both adore, and chose to stay because I can't imagine living elsewhere. That's mostly related to family, but it's also because I love where we live.

I was loving the cool weather and rain of a week ago. We need as much of it as we can get, I'm ready for more.
Yup. My daughter is fairly pissed off right now because she can't get her maternity disability check. Arnold had to cut services so the office is only open 3 days a week and you can't leave a message on the machine. She's in the City of San Diego, and I am just glad that although I am still in the County, I live in a little city 10 minutes away from her.

But you can't beat our weather.
36.gif
You'd think I'd stop complaining and just walk around the mall to get my holiday shopping started.
32.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Actually our property taxes are very low compared to the Midwest, Texas, back East, etc.

They only seem high because they are based on the total valuation and lord knows our property is overvalued. Percentage-wise, our taxes are dirt cheap.

Sales tax is a whole ''nother Oprah though
32.gif

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I lived in the silicon valley for 30 years with the smog and the traffic.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
We are now starting to get angry at our snow. Enough already. It is fun and "in the spirit" for the first couple of inches, but this is too much. It is ignorant! I mean we have 10.5" and the heaviest hasn''t hit yet. Just so you know 21 degrees.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2009 12:18:47 PM
Author: radiantquest
We are now starting to get angry at our snow. Enough already. It is fun and 'in the spirit' for the first couple of inches, but this is too much. It is ignorant! I mean we have 10.5' and the heaviest hasn't hit yet. Just so you know 21 degrees.

I'm sorry you have too much snow.
Come to California.
Here's our weekend shopping forecast.
I guess that 73 degrees was just warming up for today.

Pict00ure 2.png

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snow and 34 in Chicago. Ahhh, a nice white Christmas!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it's 2:15 PM, and it never reached 77 today.
It only got up to 75.

I'm mad.
29.gif

I was hoping for nice weather.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I live in Queensland In Australia - we don''t get snow and it averages between 30-40 degress celcius, not idea what that is in farienheit. So frankly I am jealous of all the people who get a white chrissie in the winter here it is too hot to do traditional fare so the day is usually ham, seafood and salads and alchol, anyone want to swap????

36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 5:33:13 PM
Author: Deelight
I live in Queensland In Australia - we don''t get snow and it averages between 30-40 degress celcius, not idea what that is in farienheit. So frankly I am jealous of all the people who get a white chrissie in the winter here it is too hot to do traditional fare so the day is usually ham, seafood and salads and alchol, anyone want to swap????

36.gif
Yup, as I mentioned, that is exactly the holiday we are hoping to have this week. I already put in the order for the seafood, rain or shine!

elrohwen and HH, sure, come on over! Although...er, hudson hawk, I''m pretty sure you are snowed in by now?

choro72, I LOVE socal weather, and right now, here''s the main reason why: I have a child. It is WONDERFUL not to have to worry about bundling her up. It was an awesome day and we went to the park as a family. She was in a t-shirt and jeans and we took tons of pics against the blue sky. I''m sure kids playing in snow would get way cuter pics, but since I never grew up in the stuff, it would kill me!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I switch places with you??? The snow is blinding, and piling up like crazy... I do need to get out tomorrow to get food. My roof was finished on Friday, thank god. Many know it was the project from hell. Mainly due to weather. But now, have no complaints.

I am lucky to have a roof over my head, I have heat. So am blessed.
2.gif

But send us your warm weather, please!!!!
10.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Tgal or kaleigh I will swap with either of you :) it not bad here just different here. I really want a white Christmas heck I'd settle for flying back to the states to go shopping :). The closet I got to a white Christmas was in Serbia in 1989 when I was 9 there was a small
puddle of snow on the sidewalk we left they had a massive hit of snow I love the idea of sitting in front of the fire drinking egg nog and roasting marshmellows yummy.

Tgal I hope your Aussie chrissie goes like planned what seafood did you order, that and the stone fruit is the best part of an Aussie chrissie
36.gif

eta sending warm weather vibes your way ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results