shape
carat
color
clarity

It tried to do its best to kill my camera...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No really. And my camera didn't do it justice at all. Why can't it handle hot pink?!?!?!

3.39ct
Mahenge
spinel
Moderately included
slightly rectangular cushion
9.27 x 7.94 x 5.59
From AJS Gems

Let me just say Rung is amazingly awesome. I had a great experience with him and the company and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. And its so awesome to watch Fedex tracking as it made its way from Bangkok to Albuquerque. Surreal to watch on MY June 17 as it was checking into China on THEIR June 18th. Like watching the future. Tee hee.

Ok I'll shut up and get to the pics. My pics do not even come close to doing it justice. My husband looked at it, and the pictures, and said it wasn't the same stone. The inclusions are much more obvious in pics.

IMG_9246 freke.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
With my little hot pink oval from John B at Gemrite. Pavilions up. Not quite a match, but that wasn''t the goal!

IMG_9252 freke.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really, the color is super vibrant. Even on the little one. The big stone is a little bit darker than the little stone.

IMG_9253 freke.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blurry, but a slightly more accurate pic of the color...

IMG_9256 freke.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eek. Sorry the pics are so big!

IMG_9258 freke.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah...

IMG_9260 freke.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The color on that is unreal. I really like it.

Oh, and BTW, I have my wedding shoes and I think you are going to be a fan...FI spoiled me.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sunlight through the window. It makes me sad how badly the pictures show it...
7.gif

IMG_9263 freke.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and the vendor pic, which shows the color much more accurately than mine do.
40.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh. Need to attach the pic.

Mahenge Spinel ajsgems freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 10:37:53 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Oh, and BTW, I have my wedding shoes and I think you are going to be a fan...FI spoiled me.
Are they posted?! Oooooo....

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 10:44:16 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 6/21/2010 10:37:53 PM

Are they posted?! Oooooo....

No, they did not have my size. So they are being ordered. I googled them, and NO PICTURES anywhere. My FI got me a pair in gold and silver and will let me decide which one I want (we will return the pair I don't). They are Stewart Weitzman's with crystals. I had to share with you because you are the only person I know who will appreciate them. When I get them I will put both pairs up.

Back to your stone. It is very pretty. And I understand how you feel about photographing it. I feel the same about mine. When I get time, I am going to try with my new digital SLR. But your spinel is very bright and has a presence.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
For the record, one item on my "Wish List" is a 2+ ct hot pink cushion. I didn''t care about the type of stone, although I figured it had to be sapphire or spinel. And clarity? Didn''t care either. Color, shape and size ruled the roost, and I got all three for WAY less than I thought I would.

This will be set N/S in a plain stationary necklace, much like the peridot asscher. That has always been the plan for it, since I decided I wanted one. The oval will be going into a ring that I''m still saving for.

I''m excited! Even though my pics suck.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 10:49:23 PM
No, they did not have my size. So they are being ordered. I googled them, and NO PICTURES anywhere. My FI got me a pair in gold and silver and will let me decide which one I want (we will return the pair I don''t). They are Stewart Weitzman''s with crystals. I had to share with you because you are the only person I know who will appreciate them. When I get them I will put both pairs up.

Back to your stone. It is very pretty. And I understand how you feel about photographing it. I feel the same about mine. When I get time, I am going to try with my new digital SLR. But your spinel is very bright and has a presence.
I can''t wait to see! When will you have them?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully this weekend. But shipping is 7-10 days and they are going to my FI''s house, so it might be next weekend.

Can''t wait to see the spinel sit.

So you have Big Blue....

Is this Big Bright Pink???

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone! I was eyeing it I think but I am on light-ish diet! It is so incredibly bright!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOO HOO...a GORGEOUS pink spinel!!!!
30.gif

Lori

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 11:08:16 PM
Hopefully this weekend. But shipping is 7-10 days and they are going to my FI''s house, so it might be next weekend.

Can''t wait to see the spinel sit.

So you have Big Blue....

Is this Big Bright Pink???
Lol! I dunno. There are bigger and brighter pinks around here, like Chrono''s red/pink Mahenge, but this is about as big and bright of pink that I''ll likely get!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Crasru and Lori! I''m very excited about it!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
I love the color! I was going to email earlier and see if it had come yet and lo and behold here it is!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Great color - congratulations.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a beautiful stone and in such a nice size! It will look lovely in a pendant. I can''t wait to see it!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Great colour.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
WOW
30.gif
Very nice.

I emailed AJS a couple of weeks ago, they responded once, said they'd get back to me and I never heard from them again. I was also looking for a Mahenge.

You obviously had a lot more success with them. It's beautiful
36.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely color Freke!
36.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Glowy stone!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely color! The little is a little sleepy, isn''t it? Good job picking them!
36.gif
36.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
MORE MAHENGE ****!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It is gorgeous! I love the shape too. And I know your frustration at trying to capture the electric nature of the color. It is going to make a most fabulous pendant!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Nice job. Beautiful stone.
\ Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results