shape
carat
color
clarity

israel-diamonds.com Stole My Diamond History Article!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
I have just discovered that this slimeball has stolen an entire article/figures on the history of cut diamonds which I wrote about 3 years ago and which appears on my web site....compare these 2 links...

http://www.gemsinfo.com/historycut.asp

http://www.diamondexpert.com/articles/cut.html

I know that copying can be considered the sincerest form of flattery, but I prefer honesty and recognition where due!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Gary, I'm sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately, content stealing occurs rather often in the web including images and texts.

At least this post will stay in the web telling people about this mischief.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The page looks almost identical to yours, Gary, down to the diagrams!! How rude!!
rolleyes.gif

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Gary,
I have a friend who runs a website and she encounters this problem quite often. She has copyrighted material that people "lift" from her site. She sends the offender an email explaining the problem and asks politely that she either be cited or that the material be removed from the website immediately. The response she typically gets is "We didn't realize it was copyrighted, it was given to us by a research consultant, blah, blah, blah." Then they either citer or remove the material. Only once did my friend have an attorney draft a letter. She says most places respond quickly to her emailed requests even if they play the *Stupidity* card first.

Have you contacted Israel-Diamonds and asked them about this? Tell them if they don't remove it you will be angry and then if they refuse to do right by you, you could then explain that you will be difficult to locate in the Fall and this may interfere with their being granted atonement on Yom Kippur!
9.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Is copy-proof PDF an option? I've run into these a couple of times, but I suppose the truly savvy operators can get around that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results