shape
carat
color
clarity

Isee2 Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PoopEater

Rough_Rock
I asked this in the other forum, but didn''t receive too many replies. I wanted more clarification.

Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but I couldn''t find it in a search. Why are there two Isee2 scores for each stone on Jonathan''s site? For example, this stone gets a great 9.7 in one test, but the graph next to that says 3.9. What gives?

[/u]

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
I'm sure Jonathan will want to respond to this when he gets back from vacation, but it seems pretty clear that Stone B is a comparison stone. You can tell that simply by looking at the different symmetry the two stones have. Jonathan's other Isee2 results always seem to come attached to comparisons.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PE--In Jonathan's recent post on here for the ISee2..I asked about that. Someone told me it was a comparison between two stones. I think the one in his posted example here was an 'non ideal' stone (maybe an AGS0-2..don't recall) and then next to it was HIS stone. So you could see that the 'non-ideal' stone got something like a 5.0 while Jonathan's stone got something like a 9.3. A clear difference.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/first-isee2-screenshot.7978/

Smooth

Rough_Rock
PoopEater, from what I've read of the Isee2, I'm almost 100% sure that is a non-ideal stone that is just there for comparison. The machine only gives one numerical score for each diamond.

BTW, does anyone know what is considered a great score on the Isee2? I think I read somewhere that Isee2 itself does some branded diamonds and their minimum is a 9.0.

So is 9.0 and above "excellent"?

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Mara, you're precisely correct.

From: http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_936ct_f_si1_h&a.htm above the Isee2 picture it says "Here is this diamond (on the left) next to another diamond with ideal proportions (yet not so ideal optics)." Jonathan's got a 9.3 and a comparison stone got a 7.1. I wish that I new more about the specifics of the comparison stone, but the one on the left is indeed the one that he's selling

In terms of scores, I'd be curious as to what percentage of diamonds fall into which particular range, i.e. is 9.0 excellent or maybe the cutoff would be 9.5? Hmmm...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think he also said that he'd seen only one that was 9.8 and the majority were more in the 7 range....and that the scale was to 10, is that right?

Smooth

Rough_Rock
Yes, the scale is 1 to 10 (I think the lowest I've seen anyone post was in the 3's).
I found a quote from Jonathan (emphasis mine):

----------
Also just because a diamond doesn't score a 9.8 on the Isee2 doesn't mean it's a dud. Most stones on it score under a 9 (were we to examine all the diamonds in the world). At the last meeting one jeweler brought an AGS "0" stone that scored a 7 on it. One particular H&A brand that was there at the first meeting whose initial begins with "H" (I won't say no more) scored an 8.2. So there are brands and AGS "0" stones that score less than a 9 on the machine. What I believe we'll be directing people towards who will be using it as another valuable piece of input on their diamond purchase is for a score over 9.
----------

So it looks like Jonathon's criteria for a good score on the Isee2 is a 9+, and higher is better.

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info, Smooth! Actually, the link I provided above is to a stone that I have a deposit on. So, it looks like it performs fairly well.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results