shape
carat
color
clarity

Is your e-ring your most significant piece?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Harpertoo|1363634183|3407975 said:
Sarahbear621|1363621875|3407804 said:
My new upgraded ering (venice + her new setting) will be up closer to my most expensive piece. I still have 1 bracelet (pictured in my profile) that is just a bit over. Had I not upgraded my ering then I have a few pieces more expensive or around the same $$$ amount.

It never registered for me that your profile pic is a bracelet!
Very pretty!
(my brain just interpreted it as a ring.)

When I first got it I was a little thread happy and started many posts about it- I'm sure most of PS was sick of me after a week. I'm a big art deco fan. Anyhow I love the bracelet and am also very sentimental about it because I just happen to tell DH in passing that I loved it. It was a lot of money for us at the time so I never thought we could purchase it. The next day I went to show it to him and it had sold. I was devasted- but little did I know that DH had purchased it for me as an early anniversary gift. To me this is my favorite piece from my husband because it just shows how thoughtful he is. He did it all by himself vs. my wedding set where I had the majority of control.

Attachments

• _40.bmp
    870.1 KB · Views: 612

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harpertoo,

I think your SIL just does not want you to upstage her in the accessories department! :Up_to_something: :cheeky: :wavey: :naughty:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My e-ring is my most valuable piece in terms of money. It has been upgraded twice now. My original e-ring was $250 in 1980. I don't think I would want to own another piece as expensive, although I do have quite a few other pieces that would total more. I don't like worrying about loss, damage or theft and I would. I have my e-ring insured but I would be insurance poor with other pieces that had to be insured.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My e-ring is my most significant, and at present, my only piece of real jewelery!

I have owned larger collections at various times. But I have a mental condition where I feel very guilty when I have too much money "wrapped up" in bling. I keep trying to amass a collection, but have not yet managed to hang onto anything. I am hoping that as our financial situation changes as our kids get a little older I will feel differently about owning nicer jewelery. Because I really do love it. But for now I think my e-ring is the only significant piece I am comfortable owning.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For now yes. Forever, not likely. I really am completely satisfied with my ER and do not want to upgrade it. With that said, I am not against getting a more valuable anniversary ring or RHR down the road.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My emerald cross and earrings and my Cartier trinity ring--are the pieces I value the most, although they would not be valued near to my ER.

cheers--Sharon

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear, I didn't know that your avatar was a bracelet! I thought that it was a beautiful ring this whole time! The bracelet is really an amazing piece and your DH is So romantic to have surprised you with it! I agree, Art Deco pieces are really gorgeous!

To contribute to the thread, I want my ering to be my major piece.. in terms of $ , but not sentimentality. I want to forever keep my wedding band as a symbol, even though it isn't the best quality or anything. I recently upgraded my ering, traded in my original one and now adding a halo to the upgrade. Hopefully, that is the last of it! I prefer to devote the $ money to one piece of major bling so that I will wear it everyday... if I have too much bling, I will have to rotate wearing them... and I am too lazy for that! :D

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Nope. Got married right after college, and will reset the diamond, but will not upgrade it. Too much sentimental value, and it reminds me of where we started.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes.

Not originally though. When he bought the first one for me, it was on clearance at Zales. It was pretty, but not what I was looking for and definitely a "settle" piece.
Well.... life happened and the wedding got postponed (repeatedly) so now that we are finally getting married, he was supportive of me looking to see what was out there. I found an amazing setting and they were able to get a center stone that I loved and was in our budget. So as of a few weeks ago I have a brand new e-ring!
The place we bought it offers upgrade and will take the stone back for the same price we paid to use for any sort of upgrade I may want in the future. I'm not sure I'll ever upgrade this ring because I really do love it. Luckily he also has no problem (so long as budget allows) getting me b-day and anniversary pieces!

I've only got one piece that comes anywhere near my e-ring price. It is the necklace he got me for my b-day this year. (what a wonderful week that was -- necklace on Thursday then 3 days later the e-ring!) Everything else I have is in the <$100 range.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, my current ering is definitely my most significant piece! I've been married for almost 29 years and got it last year. And it will continue to be my most significant piece, because I don't think I'm ever going to spend more on another piece of jewelry. As much as I love diamonds, I'm not really interested in spending large sums of money on earrings, necklaces, bracelets etc. I really don't wear too much jewelry but I wanted the one piece I wear everyday to be something really special - at least to me! :cheeky:

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have some really nice jewelry, but my engagement ring is the most expensive piece that I own. I love it because it suits me. My DH loves it, too :love:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
No, my 5-stone OEC ring cost the most of any of my other pieces. We didn't have a lot of money when my e-ring was purchased about 5 years ago and my other pieces are mostly smaller stones. I am planning an upgraded e-ring at some point, but DH got into grad school (yay!) so tuition will likely take precedence for a while, or at least until I can convince DH otherwise. :Up_to_something:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Significant, in terms of monetary value: yes.
Significant, in terms of sentimental value (which is irreplaceable): no.

My grandmother's first pair of diamond earrings from my grandfather are my most prized possession. I thought I lost them once, and I cried forever. I took photos of them so I can get them remade EXACTLY if that ever were to happen. I hope to inherit my grandparents' wedding bands. They aren't worth much at all but they mean so so much to me. They're just plain white metal with engravings that are worn out, but it's those worn out engravings that give me a visual of how long they wore those pieces, and how much they supported each other for so many decades. :love: A 3.73 ct can't touch that sentimentality! :naughty:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1363715163|3408745 said:
Significant, in terms of monetary value: yes.
Significant, in terms of sentimental value (which is irreplaceable): no.

My grandmother's first pair of diamond earrings from my grandfather are my most prized possession. I thought I lost them once, and I cried forever. I took photos of them so I can get them remade EXACTLY if that ever were to happen. I hope to inherit my grandparents' wedding bands. They aren't worth much at all but they mean so so much to me. They're just plain white metal with engravings that are worn out, but it's those worn out engravings that give me a visual of how long they wore those pieces, and how much they supported each other for so many decades. :love: A 3.73 ct can't touch that sentimentality! :naughty:
That's beautiful, Madelise! :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
risingsun|1363713109|3408720 said:
I have some really nice jewelry, but my engagement ring is the most expensive piece that I own. I love it because it suits me. My DH loves it, too :love:
HI:

WELLL HOWDY! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Yes, my e-ring is my most significant piece. I love all of my jewelry, but my e-ring is my favorite, and the most expensive.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
My ering is my most significant piece as well. It is an upgrade and I was still on a budget. I also purchased a new diamond band to wear with it as a set at the same time. Between both pieces I could have purchased a much more expensive diamond but chose not to because have both rings together was more important to me.
I could see upgrading the ering diamond at some point, but am really very happy with it right now and doubt I ever will.
I do enjoy having a jewelry wardrobe, rotating RHR's, bracelets, pendants, earrings so I honestly don't see spending big money on one significant piece, I'de rather spread the budget over several items so I can have the variety I crave. I tire of things easily so a RHR I was crazy about a year ago rarely see's the light of day now. That's why I can't justify sinking a huge sum into one item.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ering is my most significant piece of jewelry. It is my 4th upgrade and by far the most expensive piece of jewelry I own. My most sentimental piece of jewelry is a simple open heart pendant that has the original .15 ct diamond from my first ering that DH picked out for me. I wear it often when DH is traveling for work.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My e-ring is the ONE piece I own that cost the most.

I own many other pieces of precious jewelry. Some are just emotionally significant/important, and I have a few pieces of 18k gold that are not only sentimental, but that I would probably never spend money to replace if it came to that. I may or may not inherit several more pieces...I think about it sometimes, but never ever count on them. I'm not that into diamonds although I do love my center stone and I love staring at people's lovely diamond jewelry here. :o I've been into beautiful jewelry including colored stones for years...probably since my mother introduced me to her insanely gorgeous (huge) topaz ring about 31 years ago!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results