shape
carat
color
clarity

Is whiteflash a cut above all that? second option...

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I thought you were working with ID jewelry. Were they not able to find something in your budget? This is the company I went with for my studs and I contacted them directly to avoid taxes and eBay fees. The picture is just a stock photo so they can help you choose but they have pairs within your budget. That is about what I paid for mine and mine are triple x so even though the listing shows some certs that isn’t necessarily what you are hebolden to. Just a suggestion bc like I said this was before my PS days. So my stones probably aren’t PS standards. But on a lark when I looked up ACAs for the size I have the least expensive was 30k. But the ACAs listed were all VS and higher.

He is working so hard to find me studs in my budget. My boss is also in the industry and he found me these. I don't know if I'mpatient or whether I think these might be the ones
my specs are
3x GIA
H-I color Si eye clean
and hearts and arrows
It fits all the criteria...I have shared them with IDJ for his guidance. But part of me jut wants the journey over lol

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I thought you were working with ID jewelry. Were they not able to find something in your budget? This is the company I went with for my studs and I contacted them directly to avoid taxes and eBay fees. The picture is just a stock photo so they can help you choose but they have pairs within your budget. That is about what I paid for mine and mine are triple x so even though the listing shows some certs that isn’t necessarily what you are hebolden to. Just a suggestion bc like I said this was before my PS days. So my stones probably aren’t PS standards. But on a lark when I looked up ACAs for the size I have the least expensive was 30k. But the ACAs listed were all VS and higher.

Good to i know the ones I have shown above are similar. I will wait for I.D.JEWELRY tomorrow and possibly go see them Monday It's hard as PS has high standards and I just want studs I will love

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I just have to apologize. I can't afford ACA and I have been actively looking for 2 months (actually for ever myself) for 3.0 3x h-I 3x GIA stones for studs. I have a hard stop budget of $17,000 and I'm just frustrated. Sorry it may be a little late to apologize but
Ive been burned and I guess I was taking it out on you "price scope community ". NOT the OG

@heididdl -

For what it's worth, you'll have bigger studs than I've ever owned if you find a pair that large. When I bought my first pair (1.44ctw), I compromised on cut and still loved them. Were I in your situation, I'd compromise all my parameters and not give it a second thought. I think earrings are much more forgiving than rings and don't need to be held to the same standard. I'd also be willing to drop my size, since that's what's primarily holding you back from getting something on your ears within budget. Even the studs I have now are clusters rather than solitaires, which are MUCH easier on the budget and give way more ear coverage - and which I prefer anyway. Might be worth giving that sort of design some thought.

I wish you good luck and hope to see a thread on your new earrings very soon.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
@heididdl -

For what it's worth, you'll have bigger studs than I've ever owned if you find a pair that large. When I bought my first pair (1.44ctw), I compromised on cut and still loved them. Were I in your situation, I'd compromise all my parameters and not give it a second thought. I think earrings are much more forgiving than rings and don't need to be held to the same standard. I'd also be willing to drop my size, since that's what's primarily holding you back from getting something on your ears within budget. Even the studs I have now are clusters rather than solitaires, which are MUCH easier on the budget and give way more ear coverage - and which I prefer anyway. Might be worth giving that sort of design some thought.

I wish you good luck and hope to see a thread on your new earrings very soon.

Thank you for your reply :)

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
Just want to add my experience for anyone reading this thread and trying to decide if a branded cut is worth it.

We had done endless research on all the right measurements and angles to help us narrow down the pool of GIA XXX diamonds on Blue Nile. On paper we had chosen a great diamond, and I wasn't disappointed when my fiancé proposed with it. It was pretty. He wanted to purchase at Blue Nile due to the financing. Fast forward a couple years later and I wanted something bigger - and this time I was willing to pay the premium to have a "super ideal" branded diamond. I went from a 1.81 I VS2 to a 3.24 J IF ACA. Both my husband and I could immediately see the difference in performance, sparkle and beauty of the ACA diamond.

I also have a 5 stone 2.5 carat ring with individually chosen BG "Black" diamonds (all E-F, VS1/2). Nothing in my high-end local jewelry stores came close to the beauty of the BG ring - and price wise, it was less expensive than I would've paid locally.

I personally am sold on branded super ideal diamonds - especially if you are shopping online. I'd actually rather go down in specs on the branded diamond if I had to stay on budget, as I think the exceptional performance gives you some leeway, particularly on color (but I don't feel I am color sensitive, so bear that in mind).

I'm currently upgrading AGAIN - this time to a 4.23 J VS1 ACA. The upgrade policy from WF is superb. And, while I could find a less expensive diamond at BN or JA (and certainly would have a bigger selection), I'm not confident that I personally could find one that would be as pretty.

"Worth" is subjective and can only be judged by ourselves. For me, the price premium is worth the reduced risk involved with buying a diamond online, guaranteed cut performance and the convenience of not having to sort through the large pool of GIA XXX possibilities.

I haven't received the new diamond yet, but I'm feeling confident it will be beautiful. Fingers crossed I'm not proven wrong!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve said it before a thousand times and it’s still true, super ideals are an “easy button” buying approach to getting a stunning diamond with superb trade policy, amazing customer service and a full array of advanced images and data to make a decision.

Risk management is real. The proportions on the stone the OP posted are within realm of being a nice performer. It’s the nuances of GIA gross rounding and any “cheating” in the cutting process that will determine if it truly walks the walk or not. When advanced images are available for a 35/40.8 I find it to be hit or miss. That doesn’t exactly exude confidence. Add to the fact no actual photos or videos, and from a company I’ve never heard of and it makes it very hard to want to release my hard earned dollars to “rockher”. :roll2:

Admittedly I like mind clean things and I appreciate superb craftsmanship more than the lowest dollar. I’ve never once bought anything (diamonds or otherwise) where I was solely pleased because of price alone. Value isn’t just about the lowest dollars and cents, it’s about finding that sweet spot between price and what you truly believe to be the best product.

Without doubt, you can find nice GIA 3X stones. However the work you put into it and the risk levels are different. While @mrs-b is a master at it, she is also an outlier to the typical buyer experience. Thankfully she and many others here can use that wisdom and hard earned experience to help guide others if they are willing to listen.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@theshirlgirlNS so are you saying your BN stone technically has the specs of a super ideal, yet the ACA still outshone it? Amazing ring you have btw!!!

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
@theshirlgirlNS so are you saying your BN stone technically has the specs of a super ideal, yet the ACA still outshone it? Amazing ring you have btw!!!

Yes. The BN diamond ticked every measurement/angle box for a super ideal on paper. And, the diamond WAS pretty - it was not a dud. The ACA was just much better looking with more brilliance and fire.

I think @sledge said it perfectly - super ideals are the "easy button" for diamond shopping.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not implying your 3X was like this @theshirlgirlNS, but here is an example I found awhile back where on paper it looked amazing. Then the advanced images told a much different story. I don’t believe or think all 3X are this way but this is the risk of not getting all the data to make a complete analysis of your purchase.

sbfairy

Rough_Rock
I have both ACA and GIA stones. My e ring is from Whiteflash but my studs are GIA from ID Jewelry. I called them up and told them I wanted hearts and arrows stones to match my ring. They were able to get me 2 matching GIA excellent cut stones with hearts and arrows that equaled 1.5 carats for a really good price. The reason I continually go with Whiteflash is hands down the service. Before they sold Danhov, I had my heart set on one of their settings. Whiteflash called them and made it happen for me. I got some nice earrings from ID Jewelry but I always had to initiate contact, they never called me back. ACAs are beautiful, you definitely get what you pay for, but you can also get something beautiful if you know what to look for and you're willing to put in work.

hilly6

Rough_Rock
And will you be paying difference in the stone for all of us That can't afford what you call the better company stones .
its great that you are able to afford and personally prefer WF ACA to GIA 3x. However it is not really right to make us feel slighted because we have chosen to purchase GIA 3x stones. The story you just told is so subjective. Especially after the experts chimed in above. Your entitled to your opinon that you prefer the WF but don't make the rest of us feel that GIA 3x is sub par. Coke or Pepsi its all in your perception.

It’s pretty part in parcel. People are incredibly snobby about super ideal here and ALWAYS recommend the overpriced ACA.

They act pretty elitist and frankly downright rude and cliquey around here when it comes to ACA.

I’m glad you said something. it’s so “mean girls”.
oh YOU dont have super ideal ACA ? Well your stone is a dog!

After lurking for so long I noticed these people seem to feel superior about their ACA stone that they forget their manners lol.

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
It’s pretty part in parcel. People are incredibly snobby about super ideal here and ALWAYS recommend the overpriced ACA.

They act pretty elitist and frankly downright rude and cliquey around here when it comes to ACA.

After lurking for so long I noticed these people seem to feel superior about their ACA stone that they forget their manners lol.

It sounds like you didnt bother reading the thread replies.

hilly6

Rough_Rock
Your profile says you are in the trade. If that's the case, I suggest re reading the forum rules, as you are not allowed to either endorse or criticize another vendors product.

I am not in the trade.
That is a mistake on my profile.

Thanks for pointing it out, I will fix it.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

I'm sorry...why did you bother reviving an old thread to sling mud at diamond nerds who give free advice to people who are trying to learn more on this forum?

I don't own an ACA...but I still understand why people recommend them. It's a dummy-proof option for people who can spend the money and especially for folks who want to upgrade in the future. @mrs-b already enumerated why they are (or are not) a good choice depending on your goals.

Whiteflash also isn't a well-known, high-end brand like Cartier, VCA, Graff, etc. Only you will ever know that you own an ACA. And if you proudly retort to anyone who asks where you got your diamond..."Yeah, it's an ACA from Whiteflash..." the biggest reaction you might get is a raised eyebrow.

Are people nit-picky about cut quality here? Absolutely. Doesn't matter the shape or size, that's the name of the game on this forum. But is everyone here a brand snob or rude to bargain shoppers? Not even close.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think 'minimizing risk' is an excellent perspective to take.

I helped my best friend's fiancé choose an ideal cut diamond for her engagement ring.

At the same time, I also offered to help my niece buy her engagement ring. As it turned out, she and her fiancé wandered into a jewelry store one day, saw something they loved and bought it on the spot.

Fast forward two months, and both best friend and niece are visiting me. They discuss weddings, realize they've never shown each other their rings, and stick out their hands. I was on the other side of the room as I turned around and saw this happen.

You know those scenes in movies or TV shows and you see something happen, and someone on the screen knows it's going to be a disaster, and the whole things goes slow-mo and they leap forward, trying to intervene on the upcoming catastrophe, as a voice, very deep, as voices are in slow-mo, says "Nooooooooooo....."

Well, this was that. Before I could intervene, they'd stuck their hands out next to each other, the super ideal cut diamond right next to the GIA triple Ex.

Oh lordy.

Both were HUGELY embarrassed, and for a full three seconds nobody said anything as their respective hands were stuck out next to each other, frozen in mid air. Then, her face flushed with embarrassment, my niece whipped her hand away and mumbled..."Mine needs cleaning...."

The difference between the rings was STARK. But more obvious was her embarrassment. I felt dreadful for both of them and my niece never saw her ring in the same positive way again.

I would HIGHLY recommend going with WF. There are definitely equally beautiful diamonds out there that are GIA triple Exs. But if you don't know how to find one, the risk of NOT finding one just isn't worth it.

I would strongly recommend White Flash and their ACA line.
What an illustration @mrs-b. Thanks for sharing the story. Hope your niece still loves her ring.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an illustration @mrs-b. Thanks for sharing the story. Hope your niece still loves her ring.

Hi @LLJsmom -

I don't believe she wears it, and THAT is the biggest waste of money, don't you think? The most irritating thing from my perspective was that she paid more for a poor diamond from a mall store than she would have for a super ideal diamond, same size, bought online. It was an impulse buy, as I think a lot of e-rings are, and she could have had something nicer, and also larger, in fact, for the same dollar amount had she been prepared to wait a little.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
WOW I made that comment so long ago. I am obsessed with my studs and I am happy that people can afford and buy ACA. Go for it ....but also be happy if you choose to go the direction I did Just plain and simple 3x GIA SI g and h. Nothing wrong with that either.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
And will you be paying difference in the stone for all of us That can't afford what you call the better company stones .
its great that you are able to afford and personally prefer WF ACA to GIA 3x. However it is not really right to make us feel slighted because we have chosen to purchase GIA 3x stones. The story you just told is so subjective. Especially after the experts chimed in above. Your entitled to your opinon that you prefer the WF but don't make the rest of us feel that GIA 3x is sub par. Coke or Pepsi its all in your perception.

AGain this comment was made so long ago when I was going through purchasing my new studs. Every one has to make their choice and their comfort level with price , cut, color and clarity . ACA are amazing and I am envious of those that started their purchases with white flash and upgraded over time. I love my studs and I made the right decision for me. I enjoy this forum but once in a while I have to put my personal two cents in thats all that was.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Looking for some help, doing some research I see whiteflash come up ALL the time. Wondering if their "a cut above" is actually any better? For instance, here's a stone from rockher which I haven't heard much about vs a whiteflash, is WF worth the extra $. Also attached is the gia for the rockher since its not linkable on the page

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4410606.htm

https://www.rockher.com/0-75-carat-round-diamond-140df3b2a
certificate.jpg

Since you brought it up and someone quoted me from an old post. Yes I believe that ACA is all. That but again its up to you , your budget and your upgrade plans. If you can afford it you should go with an white flash ACA

Supersleuth50

Rough_Rock
Whiteflash ACAs are really good under low light conditions as can be seen from the photo.

My solitaire is a 0.51ct ACA from Whiteflash. On the evening I was planning on choosing a diamond Brian Boyne, the vice president, was looking after the enquiries (as he likes to do periodically). There were several diamonds to choose from of the same size, colour, clarity and cut. So I asked him to pop down to the vaults and choose me the prettiest. He did. It's definitely a great diamond.

The diamonds in my band are excellent cut (by UK standards) but not H&As or ACAs. They are uncertificated but from a very reputable company. As can be seen from the other photo and video, they still perform well.

Attachments

• 20221214_165205.jpg
    20221214_165205.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20221130_090810.jpg
    20221130_090810.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 29

Supersleuth50

Rough_Rock
Alas, I'm not sure I can get the video to come through. Any advice?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results