shape
carat
color
clarity

Is turning ashes into diamonds technically feasible and legitimate?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you use 21 year old remains from an urn?

See above. I am sure you can use a celery stalk or a charcoal briquette.

They are not turning the ash into a diamond. They are extracting a bit of carbon and adding it to their pre-mix.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See above. I am sure you can use a celery stalk or a charcoal briquette.

They are not turning the ash into a diamond. They are extracting a bit of carbon and adding it to their pre-mix.

According to most of the websites, that isnt true.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been holding my dads ashes for 21 years. Does it have to be fresh ash or can it be old? I would consider doing it under the right circumstances.

According to the FAQs on the website, age of the ashes doesnt matter

Frank Ripka

Rough_Rock
Trade
Dear all,
the "ashes" resp. the cremated human remains are - technically spoken - chemically inert and do not change over the years if stored in an urn. Depending on the cremation process and its technical parameters, the cremated human remains contain carbon (in different states, such as carbide, carbon black etc.) in a range starting from approx. +0.5%. An urn contains up to 2.5kg cremated human remains and our growing cell contains max. 1.2g graphitized carbon. The size of the diamond is proportional to its "growing time". We seperate 500g from the urn which usually is enough for our process. Otherwise we contact the families and discuss the possibility to add some other related carbon sources (hair, (burned) photos etc.). We do not add non-related carbon to the process.
Brgds, Frank ( www.algordanza.com )

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
I don't find the idea creepy however, it depends on the memories we had with the person. Though, what bothers me is the idea of passing the jewelry to your descendants, I don't know if they will gonna treasure it or will give them goosebumps.

Frank Ripka

Rough_Rock
Trade
As we personally hand over most of our memorial diamonds to the families I can assure you: yes, there are goosebumps and a lot of emotions are involved. Usually, all members of a family know about a memorial diamond of an ancestor and are prepared what is going to happen. In some cases the memorial diamond receives a private burial at a secret and "special" place if the deceased person, the family or the inheritor decides. But we happily have not heard about a disrespectful bevaviour towards a memorial diamond.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Contrary to all our competitors our labs are open to any party (private, funeral managers, gemmologists and media) which is interested in our service. As we are head of our own presses (in contrast to some of the companies mentioned above) we are also able to offer uncut diamonds with its uniquely grown facets. We are using neither CVD nor big "chinese type" presses where you can grow dozens of diamonds in one run but use custom-made smaller presses (... well their weight is +18tons).
via mail: [email protected].

All the best to you, Frank
Thank you for coming here Frank. Our mutual friend Branko and I have had many discussions over a beer or glass of wine about the deceitful scammers in your industry. When Branko told me you were the real deal I joined the webinar. I was convinced.
I would love to take you up on the offer of a tour of facilities. Maybe as part of a ski trip in 2023 :cool2:

Frank Ripka

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you for coming here Frank. Our mutual friend Branko and I have had many discussions over a beer or glass of wine about the deceitful scammers in your industry. When Branko told me you were the real deal I joined the webinar. I was convinced.
I would love to take you up on the offer of a tour of facilities. Maybe as part of a ski trip in 2023 :cool2:

Skiing is always a good idea... You (and all of you here with a real interest) are invited to a personal in-depth tour through our production and facilities in Domat/Ems. Just get in touch with me or our team and i will see to it.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Skiing is always a good idea... You (and all of you here with a real interest) are invited to a personal in-depth tour through our production and facilities in Domat/Ems. Just get in touch with me or our team and i will see to it.
OHO my, look at all those resorts right there!!!!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your answer! I wasn’t sure if cremated remains lose carbon over time. I have never really looked into what happens to them the longer I have them.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for your answer! I wasn’t sure if cremated remains lose carbon over time. I have never really looked into what happens to them the longer I have them.

Carbon dating - it is when 4 carbon atoms get together and make a 4 some diamond

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I love this idea so much that it’s written into our wills so no family member can object. The one who has been the sparkle in our eye can become the sparkle on our ear, finger, or worn close to the heart. I’m glad to hear someone is doing it ethically and responsibly.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ive never looked at tictok before - i heard the Chineses govt uses it to spy
im not sure if we are looking at the same things but what i see i sure wish i hadn't because its pretty disgusting and i won't be looking at tic tock ever again

looking for vomiting emoji

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m sorry maybe I don’t understand this is gross why? Is this company fraudulent? You find the video inappropriate? I’m not sure what’s making people react like this.
Looks like a woman proud to provide a service that brings happy tears to people who lost loved ones?
but again I guess I’m not sure what I’m missing

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry maybe I don’t understand this is gross why? Is this company fraudulent? You find the video inappropriate? I’m not sure what’s making people react like this.
Looks like a woman proud to provide a service that brings happy tears to people who lost loved ones?
but again I guess I’m not sure what I’m missing

The video seemed distasteful to me

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes exactly

@Niel it’s a fair question, but the video seems a creepy and yucky example of using social proof (people legitimately crying over grief) to promote their services

I can see how people would find it distasteful but the video looks - to me- to show people crying with happiness, overjoyed by the idea of their loved ones being turned into beautiful keepsakes - which many here have expressed wanting to do. Videos the consumers made and published on social media to express their gratitude for the company.

it’s in poor taste but I am not sure it raises to the level of outrage people seem to have

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I can see how people would find it distasteful but the video looks - to me- to show people crying with happiness, overjoyed by the idea of their loved ones being turned into beautiful keepsakes - which many here have expressed wanting to do. Videos the consumers made and published on social media to express their gratitude for the company.

it’s in poor taste but I am not sure it raises to the level of outrage people seem to have

I mean I’m not losing sleep over it personally
It’s just slimy marketing that’s all

For example funeral homes don’t have testimonials of people sobbing for their gratitude for having such a nice procession, ya know?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean I’m not losing sleep over it personally
It’s just slimy marketing that’s all

For example funeral homes don’t have testimonials of people sobbing for their gratitude for having such a nice procession, ya know?

Apples and oranges. Do you get a commemorative piece of jewelry with your procession?

consumers of their product took the time to videotape their reaction and how happy it made them and shared it - wanting people to see - and the women made a video about how the joy that brings people is why she does her job.

they’re not crying at the funeral - they’re overjoyed to have a piece of their loved one forever.

Seems fine

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Apples and oranges. Do you get a commemorative piece of jewelry with your procession?

consumers of their product took the time to videotape their reaction and how happy it made them and shared it - wanting people to see - and the women made a video about how the joy that brings people is why she does her job.

they’re not crying at the funeral - they’re overjoyed to have a piece of their loved one forever.

Seems fine

Ok, I guess it seems disrespectful to some of us. Interesting that we see the same thing and have such different perspectives.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I guess it seems disrespectful to some of us. Interesting that we see the same thing and have such different perspectives.

I guess. Interesting to bash the video for using homemade videos the customers made and sent in to show their satisfaction.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Seems fine

I don’t think it’s apples and oranges at all. It’s similar in the sense that more tact and less creepy marketing should surround people in grief as they are ripe for being taken advantage of

It has nothing to do with using homemade videos - it’s the overall tone of the “advertisement “ which is what it is

We are going to have to agree to disagree, I think this video is disturbing. You don’t , no sweat

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
For me, it's a bit distasteful in the sense the lab worker is "suiting up" while dancing around and having a jolly old time between the cutscenes of people having somberly moments. I get that the intent is to convey that the company's workers feel satisfaction in the joy that they bring their clients for the services and good offered, but the vibe just feels a bit off...a bit too cheerful and celebratory. It feels more in line with the pride that a company's workers feel about creating a successfully marketed new snack chip or vacuum cleaner.

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
The text that stands out to me is "I do it to honor their loved ones."

I believe that is sincere. I think the visuals of her clients are also sincere. It's her choice of music and 'expressive dance' which are at odds with what (many) people would normally expect for a video about honoring the dead.

Try watching it with the sound off. For me, it became more touching.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
The text that stands out to me is "I do it to honor their loved ones."

I believe that is sincere. I think the visuals of her clients are also sincere. It's her choice of music and 'expressive dance' which are at odds with what (many) people would normally expect for a video about honoring the dead.

Try watching it with the sound off. For me, it became more touching.

Maybe I’m a bit too jaded after working in marketing where it is common to be predatory :roll:

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Maybe I’m a bit too jaded after working in marketing where it is common to be predatory :roll:

I'm tracking with you. I saw it yesterday and had the same reaction as many. @Niel 's post motivated me to look again. I'm a lifelong participant in pageantry design. Sometimes designers put audio and visual elements in conflict on purpose - to make the audience uncomfortable - or just to get their attention.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results